- Twitter Digest: February 15, 2011 http://j.mp/homYxW..... via @AddToAny #
- Good! "Tantawi...perceived...privatization policies of Gamal...as a..."new imperialism"...draining Egypt's ownership of its resources." AP #
- Killed during the 2011 Egyptian Revolution against the fascist & imperial-puppet Mubarak regime http://bit.ly/eAaxS9..... 1000memories.com/egypt #
- "Extraordinary Rendition": The International Convention for the Protection of All Persons from Enforced Disappearance. http://bit.ly/gcjqIj..... #
- http://bit.ly/gQCUQI..... Apartheid Israel, non-signatory: International Convention on the Suppression and Punishment of the Crime of Apartheid #
- Bahrain Uprising, Major teargassing: http://youtu.be/0_-UjXiE0Bg..... #
- Bahrain Uprising, huge crowd of protesters, Pearl Roundabout in Manama, Feb. 15, 2011: #
- The US should absolutely not be focused on spinning Iran's nuclear-energy ambitions as a weapons program but on its theocratic dictatorship. #
- Mr. Obama, if you want the US to be loved, not hated in the world, you tell Ali Abdullah Saleh of Yemen to go now, while he can still walk. #
- Iranian Uprising (2/2011), protesters, teargas, etc.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....dZv0Ld52QQ http://ff.im/y7S9U..... #
- Yemeni Uprising: Protesters, chanting, iffy commentary, etc.: http://ff.im/y7T9Z..... #
- Fwd: "The leaked documents provided key fuel for the pro-democracy movement" http://is.gd/VauBDq..... http://ff.im/y7TGw..... #
- Obama to dictators: "The world is changing.... You've got to get out ahead of change. You can't be behind the curve." Sack cloths & ashes! #
- "The Green Movement that does not belong to Moussavi but to the people"? Obama, CIA covert-ops on this will backfire. http://bit.ly/hfhinY..... #
- Yemen protests enter fifth day - Middle East - Al Jazeera English http://t.co/Xnl3nlu..... #
- "Knesset committee approves bill allowing Israel boycotters to be fined" Stupid fascists, "freedom not to buy" isn't? http://bit.ly/ewKqoz..... #
- Ivins framed by FBI? No mention of anti-Anthrax CIPRO antibiotic White House on (for no other reason) before attacks http://nyti.ms/eg77BV..... #
- Mr. Ahmadinejad, if any nation has a right to nuclear energy so does Iran; however, you serve a theocratic dictator, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. #
- Mr. Ahmadinejad, if you believe in God, then know that God does not want forced people but rather free-as-free-can-be changed hearts. #
- Mr. Obama, are you going to come to merit that Peace Prize they gave you? Begin by earnestly telling all dictators to step down right now. #
- Uprisings: Tunisia, Algeria, Egypt, Yemen, Jordan, Mauritania, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Sudan, Syria, Iraq, Libya, Morocco.. http://bit.ly/hRxhSz..... #
- Just asking...who's ultimately behind this riseup.net site? Front-sites could be set up to obtain a revolutions plans. http://bit.ly/hEwF1N..... #
- Simple question: Who's ultimately behind this site? Front-sites could obtain some peaceful-revolutionaries' plans. http://bit.ly/dTQ9Sq..... #
- David Cameron, world unity is the wave of the future; but you won't be there by refusing peaceful dialog across multicultural lines. #
- "...army is panicking...strikes have...spread even after Mubarak's exit." "Egypt: 18 days that shook the world" http://bit.ly/fc2MA0..... #
- The revolution will not be organised: 2/13/2011: Dearden, World Social Forum, Dakar, Senegal. [Organization is key.] http://bit.ly/hfV2rU..... #
- Nearly brilliant: "A better way to push democracy, but the west's love-bombing has risks too" http://bit.ly/gr........ (cont) #
- Economic austerity is a banksters' scam. What happened to Mubarak must happen to all banksters. Usury is from the dark side. Abolish it. #
- To have hi-tech, hugely polluting laissez-faire slave plantations, Economic Royalists trick the peoples' government into total deregulation. #
- Trotsky's followers like "Trotskyists" rather than "Trotskyites"? Okay, but why? Trotskyite sounds stronger. #
- Global class-consciousness and struggle and worldwide general strikes and peaceful revolutions equals humanity seeking proper redressing. #
- "Iran MPs want death penalty for opposition leaders" Ah, yes, the Golden Rule, not — not too bright MP's — in fact, very, very dark side! #
- Accept for CIA propaganda (al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, Anwar al-Awlaki, & Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab), not bad: http://bit.ly/hvcSeM..... #
- Mr. Obama, immediately and totally back the Democracy Movement in Yemen. Be smart. Then the whole people there will handle any "al Qaeda." #
- Muammar Qaddaffi, Libya, you abuse brothers & sisters, having thugs shoot & run them down. Time for you to go! #
- Hey, Iranian protesters, people around the world want to support you; so knock off the "Death to the dictator... (cont) #
- Egyptian military, if you have any brains, you will allow people to strike as long as they want. Focus on bringing free & fair elections! #
- "The Supreme Council [of Egypt] is aware of the economic and social circumstances society is undergoing, bu... (cont) #
- Ten days to edit the Egyptian Constitution is more than enough time, but six months to elections is at least twice the time it should be. #
- Italy, please choose someone who isn't sexually immature and immoral as your Prime Minister. #
- The World Bank says unregulated hot money in commodity speculation has caused food-price inflation to push som... (cont) #
- "What we didn't do was pretend that we could dictate the outcome in Egypt, because we can't," Obama said. That depends. #
- The Palestinian Authority has no legal right to sign deals with Israel for the Palestinians. The one-state solution is the way forward now. #
- Andrew Breitbart showed a video of Shirley Sherrod that was deliberately chopped to make her appear racist whe... (cont) #
- Richard Dawkins claims a belief in Theistic Evolution while holding that there are "significant scientific pro... (cont) #
- "Republicans to probe Fannie, Freddie executive pay" Don't forget to check out the pay at the top banks. It comes from taxpayers too. #
Powered by Twitter Tools
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)