- Twitter Digest: February 21, 2011 http://j.mp/eeF4ZZ..... #
- Mohamed ElBaradei is a New World Order goon? http://j.mp/h7t0fi..... via @AddToAny #
- Alex Jones, Ayn Rand, Ron Paul, Glenn Beck, et al.: George Soros & Barack Obama part of a collectivist-dictatorship plan? http://j.mp/haxwNO..... #
- I wrote several hours ago that Monsanto is liable. Their contract is crap, but I agree with G. Edward Griffin: http://youtu.be/sWak_bUHDm8..... #
- I liked a YouTube video — Monsanto Shifts ALL Liability to Farmers http://youtu.be/sWak_bUHDm8?a..... #
- Comment: I tweeted several hours ago: "Monsanto IS liable for damages no... (YouTube http://youtu.be/sWak_bUHDm8?a.....) #
- "Iranian security forces swept through the homes of opposition leader Mehdi Karroubi and his family, arresting one of his sons." AFP #
- "State TV says Egypt's top prosecutor has requested the freezing of the assets of ousted president Hosni Mubarak and his family." AP #
- Yusuf al-Qaradawi issued a fatwa against Muammar Qaddaffi calling on soldiers "to rid Libya of him" (kill him)... (cont) #
- Egypt's Tantawi is listening to the wrong people. Block your ears to the plutocrat's puppets, lift the emergen... (cont) #
- @RhodesNews: "http://bit.ly/bOyU8k http://bit.ly/bspDfg..... @TomUsher Ahmadinejad." 1st video shows his logic. 2nd shows he's mistranslated. #
- "Abe Lincoln: Worst President Ever?" There are constitutional provisions for martial law, & not all of the Fou... (cont) #
- @RhodesNews: "@TomUsher Are you fluent in Farsi?" I know people who are & who corrected Zionist mistranslations of Ahmadinejad's statements. #
- @RhodesNews: You chopped off my reply; but regardless, you don't know Farsi either, do you? You can't translat... (cont) #
- @RhodesNews: "@TomUsher I get from your tweets that you hate Israel and that you welcome a nuclear Iran." I ha... (cont) #
- RT @Stand4AZ: "@TomUsher Oh I see. 'I'm not an ACTUAL linguist, but I know someone who is.'" You don't spea... (cont) #
- @Stand4AZ @RhodesNews "Treblinka, Belzec, Sobibor, Lublin Majdanek, Auschwitz: Is 6 million Jews...exaggeration?" http://bit.ly/ePVNAU..... #
- @RhodesNews You think Obama & Netanyahu are saner then Ahmadinejad? http://youtu.be/yqpr0PEGz2g..... http://youtu.be/z6KLFrye9Xk..... #
- @RhodesNews: "you a lunatic...sick hate monger...anti-semite. @TomUsher" You misuse "Semite," I take people one at a time, & you hate truth. #
- ElBaradei: Questions of Neoliberal Economics and More, Excerpts from SocialistWorker.org, Commentary by Tom Usher http://j.mp/fA1rsW..... #
- How Qaddaffi Lost Libya http://j.mp/eadpBK..... via @AddToAny #
- Ends w/ call to activists to expose complicity/hypocrisy of oil-greedy Western powers supporting Qaddaffi dictatorship #
- Comment @# You call Obama's veto of the truth that the Zionist &q... (YouTube )
- Comment @jrponeThere's no doubt that people are in cutthroat competition... (YouTube http://youtu.be/HGvHQ0lQhSA?a.....) #
- Comment @http://youtu.be/sq3WlRxfWC0?a.....) # It's true advancements are withheld. Also, there're w... (YouTube
- Comment @http://youtu.be/ThKfZpPOjvI?a.....) # Did the conspicuousness cure you? Were you incapa... (YouTube
- Comment @http://youtu.be/-yt9ReOSIdI?a.....) # Neither video answers my comment. Soros & Obama... (YouTube
- Comment @http://youtu.be/zwkV2NT9EQ8?a.....) # The government should issue money to pay for all publi... (YouTube
- Medvedev Rebuffs Gorbachev's Warning of "Egyptian Scenario" in Russia. Who's Right? http://j.mp/hLkk8j..... via @AddToAny #
- Reasonable & quick overview of tribal situation: "Libya's Tribal Revolt May Mean Last Nail in Coffin for Qaddafi" http://buswk.co/eJKdNL..... #
- EU-Russia statement signed by Putin: "in particular we strongly condemn the use of force against civilians in Libya." http://bit.ly/gThZ6F..... #
- @GreeGreece: I feel that if Sweden gets Assange and then turns him over to the US, there could easily be riots. http://is.gd/vSkrqh..... #
- Iran sails ships to Syria. Peres says it shows Iran's nuclear-weapons intention. He flunked logic 101 but has a solid PhD in fear-mongering. #
- Which Seaman Recruit informed Admiral Mike Mullen that Iran isn't behind all the Arab uprisings? #
- "Day of Rage" is a counter-productive expression. Use "Day of Peace 1," "Day of Peace 2," ... Watch the global reaction when they attack. #
- UN may spell out concerns about "possible" military aspects to Iran's nuclear program. That word "possible" also means "possibly not." War? #
- IAEA Dir. Gen. Yukiya Amano said Iran "may" be developing a nuclear-armed missile. Who misses Mohamed ElBaradei at the IAEA? Egypt's gain! #
- Per the International Organization for Migration: Since Monday, Feb. 21, 30,000+ Tunisians & Egyptians have left Libya for home. #
- To the Egyptian military: If you truly wish to promote security, immediately repeal the emergency laws & release the political prisoners. #
- Here's some more mainstream reporting on Libya. If the world were to cut him off, how long could he hold out? #
- Libya's UN delegation in Geneva has renounced Qaddaffi's rule and has switched sides to support the Movement seeking Qaddaffi's overthrow. #
- The people of Benghazi, Libya have formed a 15-person city council. Stores are open. Police are directing traffic. Where's the chaos? #
- If Saudi Arabia is an Absolute Monarchy and the king can just give away $36 billion, doesn't that mean all the nation's wealth is his alone? #
- Algeria lifted its 19-year-old "state of emergency." They need to do much more, but it's a start. Are you listening, Egyptian military? #
- The US Navy is bigger than the next 13 navies in the world combined. What's off the shores of Tripoli to receive people? Decisiveness! #
- France, Britain propose sanctions, arms embargo on Libya; Qaddaffi & sons to face International Criminal Court for crimes against humanity #
- "A US-chartered ferry carrying more than 300 evacuees finally pulled out of the Libyan capital bound for the island of Malta." #
- AFP is still lying: "Israel..22-day offensive in Gaza..Dec..2008..to stop rocket fire...." Rockets went down 5 straight months to 0. #
- Zionists attack Gaza. Hamas fires rocket (no warhead). Hits house. No one hurt. Israel bombs Gaza killing people. Blames Hamas. What's new?
- Hamas version: 2 tanks invade Gaza. Hamas fires 2 mortar shells. IDF kills 1, wounds 10. Hamas fires rocket. Israel bombs Gaza, injuring 2. #
- Egyptians, Tunisians, Turks, and others are aiding Libyans with drugs, food, doctors, etc. That's the spirit. #
- @wikileaks "Wikileaks: Gadhafi family a web of greed, nepotism" # Spoiled brats is putting it mildly. #
- New Arms Race: "Russia will spend $650 billion [for] 600 new warplanes, 100 ships and 1,000 helicopters by 2020" Stupid evil! #
- Chavez & Castro often get things right, but they're wrong on Libya. Qaddaffi has not been proper with Libya's oil money vis-a-vis the people. #
- PayPal Reinstates Bradley Manning Donations http://bit.ly/gRlbGB..... They shouldn't have suspended it. It's right they reinstated it. #
- "Qaddafi invokes Phony Al-Qaeda Threat as he Massacres Protesters," by Juan Cole http://bit.ly/dYnNQR..... #
- @StuartOswald You asked: "Chavez & Castro often get things right..." What the hell have they got right?" That neoliberalism stinks, for one. #
- The longer Qaddaffi tries to cling to power, the worse it will end for his sons and for him. Give up before you get your children killed! #
- The Egyptian constitutional-reform panel says that to last beyond six months, any emergency laws should be subjected to a referendum. #
- Two powerful chiefs of Yemen's President Ali Abdullah Saleh's tribe have turned against him. He needs to see the handwriting on the wall. #
- Egypt's El-Bishri said changes "constitute a temporary constitution after which a new constitution for the country can be drafted." #
- RT @SultanAlQassemi: Breaking Al Jazeera: Obama says Colonel Qaddaffi must leave now. # [and Ali Abdullah Saleh of Yemen, Mr. Obama?] #
Powered by Twitter Tools
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)