- Twitter Digest: February 26, 2011 http://j.mp/e6al8A..... via @AddToAny #
- I do not stand in solidarity with gunmen who bombed Iraq's oil refinery & killed employees (for whatever reason). I stand firmly against it. #
- @StuartOswald I'm no Marxist. I'm a pacifist. Jesus was a communist but no Marxist. Think before you write, and clean up your mouth. #
- At least 29 people died in demonstrations across Iraq, and what do people say about G. W. Bush having inspired the wave of uprisings? #
- http://bit.ly/g2Z6YY..... The last two questions in Press TV's interview with Noam Chomsky (I think he answered ver... (cont) #
- Beware: "persona management software" creates many user profiles for an evil troll. Profiles appear old & genuine. http://bit.ly/e9Kkmc..... #
- To those who support Qaddaffi because he's a self-styled socialist, what the hell is he doing using hi-tech weapons purchased from the US? #
- "Egypt, Tunisia, Bahrain, Algeria, Yemen, Jordan and Libya are rising up not only against their leaders but also western economic tyranny." #
- " William Blum has documented, since 1945, the US has destroyed or subverted more than 50 governments, many of them democracies...." #
- They will kill Qaddaffi if he doesn't leave. He needs to realize he's not going to win. Also, the West is cutting him off. http://n.pr/dX3Imn..... #
- RT @BiancaJagger: "Is interest of US towards Libya motivated by honourable intentions, or are oil fields real reason?" It's a mixed bag. #
- @StuartOswald: You confuse Marx with Jesus. Everyone gets things right, even Hitler, Netanyahu, and you. It doesn't mean I "support" you. #
- @StuartOswald: You complain about Chavez but support Bush ordering mass murder of men, women, & children of Iraq? That's evil. That's you. #
- @StuartOswald: "@TomUsher You are loosing this argument." I'm loosing an argument? Maybe I should tighten it up; but tell me, what argument? #
- @StuartOswald: "Who said I support Bush!!!" This is what you wrote: "look across the middle east. Make sure you say a Big Thanks to Bush!" #
- @StuartOswald: "Your...Love for...socialism" I'm a Christian, a non-coercive anti-capitalist. The rich tax the poor, or don't you know that? #
- It's awful that Qaddaffi didn't give into the reasonable desires of the large majority of Libyans. My eyes well up that so many have died. #
- Colonel Ramadan's intel: Qaddaffi preparing 2000 mercenaries Libya's border with Chad to assault oilfields http://bit.ly/e0fZoa..... Hope not. #
- Racist Qaddaffi "went on record again in 2010 with his rude and fascistic remarks in the former fascist land [I... (cont) #
- "Six killed, 5 wounded in Oman clashes" http://bit.ly/gMXZ6G..... The primary responsibility always lies with the oppressors, not the oppressed. #
- RT @# : "@TomUsher # only one killed am from oman" Press TV got it wrong? Do you have a link/source? Thanks.
- "Oman unrest enters third day" Doctors said six dead before the report. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....W07DGyxG-Q http://ff.im/z4ANI..... #
- RT @# : "see it in Oman Observer" Wikipedia says Observer "Political alignment Pro-government." Front Web page censors clashes.
- Protests in Oman Spread "Sultan Qaboos gave orders on Sunday to create 50,000 jobs." Why only after protests? http://nyti.ms/hUcIXl..... #
- Hillary Clinton & Barack Obama say Qaddaffi must go. What of rulers not freely & fairly elected in multi-party elections? It's all coercion. #
- "Egypt's top prosecutor seized all...funds of...Mubarak and...family...and banned them from travel abroad." Will he die in Egypt? He asked. #
- Qaddaffi said of himself today, "All my people love me." Who are his people, the ones he's killed? He's insane — has been for a long time. #
- "Israeli inquiry clears officials in 2002 Gaza raid" When was the last Israeli inquiry that didn't clear Israel of murdering Palestinians? #
- Saudi academics, activists, & businessmen call for a "constitutional monarchy." You don't need a monarchy, constitutional or not. #
- If the UN must go into Libya, it must not be about oil! The Libyan people, not Western oil companies, must control it. http://bit.ly/gvK0Nq..... #
- Mainstream on Maniac: "Qaddaffi forces mass as world raises pressure on Libya" http://j.mp/gFcnJi..... via @AddToAny #
- AP tiptoe headline: "Settlers suspected of harming Palestinian property" Real: Illegal Zionists Destroy Palestinian Cars, Fire Bomb House. #
- Settlers suspected [hardly] of smashing windows of Palestinian cars & throwing a fire bomb into a Palestinian house http://bit.ly/g4vYJi..... #
- "We don't support...massacres...no matter who does it." — Hugo Chavez. Concerning Qaddaffi, Hugo, friends tell friends when to give up. #
- Qaddaffi has no support from anyone who can supply him in a major, even somewhat sustainable way. Russia, China... are not going to do it. #
- Ireland "renegotiate the bailout"? Reverse the bailout! Follow Iceland, and out do them. Stop worrying about what the greedy want. #
Powered by Twitter Tools
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)