- Twitter Digest: March 1, 2011 http://j.mp/e4eJ74..... via @AddToAny #
- Limbaugh says public-union workers are bottom-feeding freeloaders. Is it possible to hold a truly intelligent conversation with him? #
- Article 75 amended: "Egypt's president is born to two Egyptian parents and cannot be married to a non-Egyptian woman." Sexist & too narrow. #
- AT&T wanted privacy rights as a person under FOIA. Unanimously and categorically, the US Supreme Court rejected that. http://bit.ly/gCtXG5..... #
- Charles Koch criticizes crony capitalism but is a huge crony capitalist: Lobbying & making political donations. http://bit.ly/eePd8b..... #
- Poor...never had a chance...presumed to never have deserved one...rich...treated w/ kid gloves lest they...go Galt.... http://bit.ly/gS1Nrj..... #
- Walker cut business taxes to kill unions. Obama didn't go at the banksters but hired & works for them. Mammon worshipers get richer/eviler. #
- How many of the first-responders who died on 9/11 were public-employee union members? Were they all bottom-feeding freeloaders, Rush? Not 1! #
- Searching US citizens and seizing their belongings on US soil without a warrant is unconstitutional, whether at airports, seaports, ... #
- Why don't the Koch Brothers go after Goldman Sachs? #
- Russia is cool to a no-fly zone over Libya, at least without UN authorization; however, Qaddaffi is violating international human-rights law. #
- For the left, is there anything too indirect concerning the Commerce Clause? If not, why isn't free speech absolute when it's hateful? #
- Jesus says to bless them who hate you. Bless you, U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Why do they hate me? I love a clean environment more than money. #
- General ordered psy-ops on senators to get Afghan War support. George Romney said he was brainwashed by generals to get his Vietnam War OK. #
- "Rick Santorum: The Crusades Get A Bad Rap!" Jesus thinks you're crazy, Rick. Turn the other cheek. Don't go on military crusades. Evil! #
- RT @FakeSantorum: "@TomUsher People get so touchy about the Crusades - wait 'til I give my views on the Inquisition!" Ha! #
- @FakeSantorum Former US Senator Rick Torquemada, er Santorum. #
- If there is no right for workers to collectively bargain, then collectively owned corporations have no right to bargain with any entity. #
- The US would not get away with seizing Libya's oil reserves. Americans know the Bush/Cheney lies to invade Iraq for oil. Up humanitarianism. #
- Sean Hannity claims public-employee members of unions in Wisconsin are not middle class. Sean, which are they then, upper or lower class? #
- Bailing out the rich, cutting their taxes, & cutting gov. services for the middle & lower classes never improves overall quality of life. #
- Yediot Ahronot (Ynetnews) journo, says Al Jazeera, reports ISRAEL BEHIND AFRICAN MERCENARIES IN LIBYA. #
- Russia disagrees w/ no-fly zone over Libya. Qaddaffi bombs legitimate dissenters. Qaddaffi started doing violence on them, not they on him. #
- RT @Jnoubiyeh: Over 16 protesters murdered by # forces in # today. Death toll expected to rise after air strikes. #
- RT @Jnoubiyeh: Al Jazeera: 2 # warships w/ over 2,000 Marines now positioned right off the coast of # # #Qaddaffi #
- @Jnoubiyeh: "When US gov. says "all options are on the table," it means invasion/occupation of another sovereign nation [is possible]." #
- RT @mathaba: "#mq the problems can be resolved by negotiations, petitions will be heard # #fb" He could have been doing that all along. #
- The only way a US/UK, etc., takeover of Libya could happen is with Qaddaffi refusing to give into the Libyan people. Who's fault would it be? #
- RT @FRANCE24: 6000 dead since start of unrest (libyan human rights group) http://f24.my/9Eh7e7..... # #libya # #
- RT @# : Video: Libyan border crisis: [If only Qaddaffi had understood how to redress legitimate grievances.]
- RT @3arabawy: Tales of # torture emerge http://bit.ly/g1yxtz..... [Is this 100% false propaganda, as Qaddaffi alleges? I seriously doubt it.] #
- RT @KenRoth: Zimbabwe at UN Human Rights Council deeply regrets loss of life in Libya & Cote d'Ivoire. Can we apply the principles at home? #
- RT @NicRobertsonCNN: # threatened to attack US 6th Fleet. [He has a death wish.] #
- Libyan rebels are sending mixed signals on outside intervention to stop Qaddaffi. Unless Qaddaffi's sons want to die, they need to stop him. #
- Use the US military to prevent death & make peace, not to inflict death & make war. Qaddaffi will go, but be sure not to steal Libya's oil! #
- Title: "Pope exonerates Jews for Jesus' death." Pope (paraphrased): Jews as a whole were not responsible for Jesus' death. [Some Jews were.] #
- RT @3arabawy: Qaddaffi: Handed power to the people of Libya since 1977. [Ask him if it included the power to remove him.] #
- Benedict, it isn't whether all Jews were responsible for Jesus' death but whether there are Jews spiritually in line with those who were. #
- Qaddaffi says he will not surrender. His stupidity and selfishness is getting many people needlessly killed. #
- Qaddaffi says he will not surrender. In addition to getting many killed, he's making it harder for Libya to maintain control of its oil. #
- The Arab League says it may impose a "no fly" zone on Libya w/ the African Union. That would take the onus off the US. http://bit.ly/i1ZMBl..... #
- RT @kjfhlsghlfugh: "MUST WATCH VIDEO Evidence of LIBYA torture emerges http://tiny.cc/7syeh..... Yes, I saw that. I wonder how much there's been. #
- Interesting article on democracy and civil society by Yuliya Tymoshenko, former PM of Ukraine: http://bit.ly/easMvS..... Egypt Libya #
- Any religious group that kills someone for speaking against anti-blasphemy laws must think God is a weakling who can't stand up to debate. #
- Never have a religion that kills people for thinking ill of it. Jesus was crucified by those who thought ill of him, yet he forgave them. #
- If Muslims go around murdering people just because they speak against Islam, people will come to hate Allah more than anything else. #
- The US, has 21,000 on 40 ships in the US Sixth Fleet in the Mediterranean, yet Qaddaffi says he'll attack the fleet? How bright is that? #
- Saleh of Yemen blames Zionists, & Qaddaffi of Libya blames al Qaeda. The Zionists didn't want Mubarak's fall, & al-Zawahiri doesn't do LSD. #
- Iranian diplomat defector said Tuesday, Iran's leaders would "slaughter" Iranian rebels, not surrender. I said that too a few days ago. #
- The Iranian regime must change, but it must not be made to do so based upon trumped-up, unsubstantiated claims of a nuclear-weapons program. #
- The US doesn't want to go into Libya. Get that! Focus on the campaign for Libya's future: No to dictators, no to neoliberal economics.... #
- Syria has agreed to International Atomic Energy Agency inspectors visiting a Syrian nuclear site. That's a smart move. #
- Do you think the Institute for Science and International Security (ISIS) is credible? It appears a bit jittery, not an out right fraud. #
- Bob Gates: Arab Democratic Movement a setback for "al Qaeda," Iran. That's the 1st intelligent thing he's said since I can't remember when. #
- Israel destroyed 3 Palestinian water wells near Jewish "settlement" outside Hebron. If so, then the Zionists make Qaddaffi look like a saint. #
- To the Arab Democracy Movement: If you want your Movement severely compromised & handicapped, follow the foot steps of Iranian theocrats. #
- The US knows, the longer Qaddaffi holds out, the more desperate/weakened Libya will be, the more likely it will sell its resources cheaply. #
Powered by Twitter Tools
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)