- Twitter Digest: March 2, 2011 http://j.mp/hmEKMj..... via @AddToAny #
- What Is a Brownfield? http://t.co/bpH9Fc6..... via @Eco_Evaluator #
- Israel: Ilan Baruch quits. Says blaming anti-occupation views on anti-Semitism is artificial. How right that is! http://bit.ly/f0TH72..... #
- @oyeniyib: "@TomUsher Huffing and puffing! Empty threat!" To what are you referring? In future, please be specific. Thank you. #
- Egypt's "New PM [Essam Sharaf] may deliver oath of office in Tahrir" Ahmed Rehab says he's agreed. It's fitting. http://bit.ly/gvN7xE..... #
- New PM of Egypt, Essam Sharaf (Wikipedia): http://bit.ly/eticHW..... This article is bound to grow now. #
- The better Egypt does at being an open society and offering freedom of religion, etc., the better Arabs will do around the world. #
- RT @CineversityTV: "@TomUsher every American should know http://bit.ly/xjn2I..... & http://bit.ly/dXxAWk..... # #GE # #GM #
- May God bless the Egyptian people with a truly wonderful government: No torture, no lies, no politicians with greed in their hearts.... #
- The [Israel settlement] veto and the case for impeaching President Obama - Alan Hart http://bit.ly/gdFo7u..... I had come to the same conclusion. #
- Egypt taking longer is a mistake. Hold elections while issues are hot & fresh & before fascists create & exploit loopholes. Prioritize. #
- @GreeGreece "Republicans Would Rather Destroy Schools Than Raise Taxes" Their greedy bosses want to privatize to own for-profit schools. #
- If Hugo Chavez loses a free & fair election, he will step down in a peaceful transition. Why then is his support for Qaddaffi unconditional? #
- Harvard's warmongering, false-propaganda: Harvard is letting ROTC back since repeal of DADT. DADT had nothing to do w/ why ROTC was banned. #
- Shame on the students at Harvard today who are cowards relative to those who stood against ROTC on Harvard's campus during the Vietnam War. #
- Polluted mind: Northwestern U. Bailey "too early to say" he has regrets allowing sex toy used on naked woman by fiance before 100+ students. #
- Charles Koch defends Gov. Walker when they both know the real problem isn't union workers but finance-capitalism's deregulation & bailouts. #
- Deregulation caused this depression. To those attacking unionism, returning to the pre-progressive era is backwards. Improve, don't regress. #
- Gov. Kasich twists issues for the rich. Don't undercut public-employee unions, but banksterism & crony capitalism that caused the crash. #
- Wisconsin: 1st state to allow public-employee collective bargaining; Birthplace: American Federation of State, County & Municipal Employees. #
- Ohio should follow the leader, not drag everybody backwards. #
- Former CIA Algiers-station chief sentenced in US court to 65 months 4 sexually assaulting woman (Algerian?) at US embassy & 4 cocaine use. #
- Egypt: Supreme Council: Constitutional referendum for competitive parliamentary & presidential elections will be March 19. Vote & amend. #
- Why does Jordan have a king with the power to appoint the Prime Minister & Cabinet? Is he better than an informed people? Inform them. #
- "Al Qaeda" is calling for an Islamic Egypt. The last thing Egypt needs is anti-freedom of religion & a bull's-eye painted on its forehead. #
- Thousands rally in Iraq on Friday in anti-government demonstrations. What was all that "clear and hold" talk? May we say, "Told you so"? #
- Iraq's government is lousy. George W. Bush brought "freedom" the way any fascist does. Bush wouldn't know freedom if it hit him in the head. #
- RT @tbithewire: JON STEWART: Teachers Don't Work As Hard As Wall Street...At Ruining The World Economy http://read.bi/foq6AV..... #
- RT @avinunu: It seems that LSE's "liberal education" just did not work its magic on Said al-Islam Qaddaffi. #
- To Republicans, if Obama should be impeached over DOMA, Bush should have been for the knowing use of the Yellowcake Forgery & much more. #
- Obama is right to say to Qaddaffi, "Step down from power and leave." He needed openly to say that to Mubarak and still does to many more. #
- RT @NafeezAhmed: "Hypocrisy of US-UK-EU stance on Libya http://bit.ly/dVbjuD"..... Needed: 1) the people to control their oil & 2) Qaddaffi gone. #
- On Qaddaffi: "The choice...is no longer Qaddaffi or the Islamists and monarchists." Libya has many choices. http://bit.ly/h9pbl2..... #
- @http://youtu.be/zwkV2NT9EQ8?a.....) # I tried twice to give your comment a thumbs up. So far, YouTube i... (YouTube
- To Netanyahu: All Jews were not responsible for murdering Jesus just as all Jews are not responsible for the ethnic cleansing of Palestine. #
- I favorited a YouTube video — Nut Country - JFK and Dallas http://youtu.be/5QW0qQhG33Y?a..... #
- Among other questions, what happens to the hyper-deadly drug cartels in Mexico if drugs are legalized in both the US and Mexico? #
- "Are some in public service in the first place for the benefits they anticipate once in the private sector?" You think? #
- President Obama must go on record now clearly stating that the US will not press the Libyan people to privatize their oil industry. #
- US planes land relief supplies in Tunisia. That is the highest & best use of the US military. Make peace. Save people. More love, less fear. #
- Instead of always yakking about what al Qaeda might do, focus on being the opposite of every legitimate complaint they have about you. #
- @ElBaradei: You say, w/ amendments, elections under defects. Solution: New constitution first. [Run on holding a constitutional convention.] #
- North Sudan is taking advantage of uprisings by attacking Abyei. It's not really about herding but oil. Abyei wants to be with the South. #
- RT @wikileaks: WikiLeaks: What's An F-16 Worth? About 80,000 Tons of Chicken http://is.gd/gAleRw..... #
- @SenJohnMcCain, the Arab League & African Union have said they are considering imposing a no-fly zone over Libya. Why does it have to be us? #
- Fathi Turbel, Benghazi City Council member, has been a lawyer for victims of the Abu Salim prison massacre by Qaddaffi. http://bit.ly/fkD0bT..... #
- PM Erdogan, Turkey, You've taken positive stands re/ Zionist oppression & lies about Iran. Boost press freedom. Work w/ Kurds & Armenians. #
- 27 North Koreans boat drifted into southern waters. North Korean officials did not show up to take them home. So, give them a nice meal. #
- The mood sweeping predominately Arab states is not going to be contained to those states. Sentiments will leak heavily into even China. #
- RT @GreeGreece: "The national security state is intended to protect the gains made through free market policies" http://is.gd/GcY5Qn..... #
- Hillary Clinton re/ Al-Jazeera shows she's thinking for a change: "real news...instead of...commercials...arguments between talking heads" #
- The US gov. says Qaddaffi must go, but Bradley Manning is in prison for blowing the whistle on US war crimes in Iraq+. Where's his pardon? #
- If Barack Obama had the spirit of truth coursing through him, he'd immediately order Bradley Manning's release. #
- RT @counterwording: "hey, have you heard the interview of Daniel Ellsberg on Bradley Manning ? # quot; Sure have. #
- RT @soulsupply: "Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car." RT @MyParable #
- In case you missed it: @ggreenwald The worsening journalistic disgrace at Wired http://is.gd/jzn2Y..... Bradley Manning Julian Assange WikiLeaks #
Powered by Twitter Tools
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)