I had tweeted Mr. ElBaradei about the counter-revolution. I tried to get him to understand that, that is the reason for rushing Egypt on the part of so many Pro-Democracy Movement members around the world.
"ElBaradei...referendum on proposed constitutional amendments must be canceled." ElBaradei warns of danger facing 25 January revolution | Al-Masry Al-Youm: Todays News from Egypt
Under the current Constitution, the Presidency is very strong. Get elected. Then make the changes that you want to see happen. The most important things are national exposure and debates.
Form a party to organize the people to get out and vote for you.
Stop spending your time and energy on trying to get the Military to backtrack and do everything exactly right, right now. If they were built that way, they would have started over with a new Constitution right from the start. They aren't visionaries, Mr. ElBaradei.
- Who are your political advisers?
- Who's your campaign manager?
- What are your party's political planks?
- What's the name of your party?
- How will you register members?
- Will members vote in a party convention to select candidates at every level?
- Have you floated any names for your cabinet?
Get off the defensive. Move to a winning cause. If you continue and lose this battle, you'll be damaged. You'll look weak.