- Twitter Digest: March 8, 2011 http://j.mp/eHtXxf..... via @AddToAny #
- Homeland Security Chair Peter King ignores poison-gas dangers, but Greenpeace shouldn't use "terrorist" fear-mongering. http://bit.ly/gu68rc..... #
- Costco, 1 of the largest seafood retailers in the U.S., will no longer sell 12 red-list species: orange roughy, shark, Atlantic halibut.... #
- Comment: It is certainly strange to think that Natural Law isn't that men and... (YouTube http://youtu.be/S3U3NcCD1lg?a.....) #
- Comment: It's a sin to bring into the world people who will end up in prison ... (YouTube http://youtu.be/nZdwpjArFjg?a.....) #
- Koch doesn't admit his culpability in fed. funding cuts to cancer research - his pet cause ONLY BECAUSE he's had cancer. http://t.co/Oz2w3yA..... #
- @http://youtu.be/w465MHsvYpg?a.....) # Your reply is not helpful. I asked why there is a break. It's a ... (YouTube
- In their next several state elections, Wisconsinites need to sweep out anti-progressives. Wisconsin needs a state bank like North Dakota's. #
- Zionist US Rep. Peter T. King (R-NY) wants hearings on Muslim radicalization. He says he backed the IRA as analogous to the terrorist Irgun. #
- US Rep. Peter T. King (R-NY) wants hearings on Muslim radicalization. He says the Irgun was legit. This was the Irgun: http://bit.ly/e8nlIk..... #
- Here's where I read US Rep. Peter T. King (R-NY) says the ultra-terrorist/Zionist Irgun was legit. http://nyti.ms/f9UTdw..... #
- The US is the only "Western democracy" with capital punishment. Why are Americans more barbarous? It's not good. It's a shame, not justice. #
- Forbes World's Greediest / Most Hoarding People on the Planet List is out: http://www.forbes.com/wealth/b.....aires/list #
- New York City comptroller says NYC employees paid 17% less than private sector. http://reut.rs/eMnaS3..... #
- Wu Bangguo says China will never be a multi-party democracy or accept Western reforms. US leaders were wrong (or lying) about opening China. #
- The US granting China "Most-Favored Nation" (trading-partner) status without insisting on democratic rights in China was a huge mistake. #
- The Chinese in China, under their one-party dictators, aren't even allowed to know their own history: http://bit.ly/fY3Vi9..... Egyptize them. #
- Hu Jintao is the Mubarak of China. #
- "Socialism with Chinese characteristics" means socialism under rat dictators who live like billionaires while other Chinese starve. #
- Stupid polls done in China by Western pollsters claim the Chinese are happy about their gov. They don't know any better — no freedom. #
- Qaddaffi will leave. #
- ElBaradei is wasting political capital. Focus on forming a party for parliamentary & presidential elections. Organize NOW & start campaigns. #
- The Egyptian military wants to get out of its current role as soon as possible. That's good! ElBaradei, form your New Constitution Party. #
- If Egypt doesn't bring freedom of religion, Egypt will fail miserably. #
- @GreeGreece Actually, US trade agreements have been for global corporatism (Bankster Empire) & to Hell w/ nation-states, including the US. #
- The Egyptian military doesn't understand its job — policing. Cover the beats in squads. The world is watching. http://f24.my/e9ufde..... #
- With the recent anti-revolutionary, anti-freedom-of-religion violence in Egypt, I hope Mr. ElBaradei begins to see the reason for rushing! #
- Mubarak & his son are not dead. They are far from impoverished. Their networks exist & are plotting against everything Mr. ElBaradei is for. #
- RT @CynthiaY29: BBC staff "arrested, tortured in Libya by Qaddaffi forces" The Guardian http://bit.ly/gc2EOP..... #
- Qaddaffi CAN'T WIN. The West is cutting off ammo but will supply the rebels. Russia, China, etc., won't help him. He must leave (or die?). #
- The Arab League & African Union haven't acted because NATO & the EU are discussing NATO options, but Qaddaffi hasn't infinite steam. #
- Russia has joined the US and EU in cutting off weapons and ammo to Qaddaffi. He'll run out. He'll start rationing big time soon. #
- The global bankers are going to freeze Qaddaffi out. How will he pay for weapons and ammo? Who will risk selling / running to him? #
- Wisconsin Republicans aid & abet kleptocrats. The Washington House passes a public-employee collective-bargaining bill. http://bit.ly/ieIySQ..... #
- Watch this through Jeffery Sachs' portion: http://ff.im/zoHH7..... #
- I favorited a YouTube video — Ian Murphy Interview Blogger That Pranked Called Wiscons... #
- I liked a YouTube video — Ian Murphy Interview Blogger That Pranked Called Wisconsin's... #
- Comment: Jeffery Sachs helped rape Russia for the neoliberals after the fall ... (YouTube # )
- Pathetic twister US Rep. Morgan Griffith (R-VA) said, "Our data shows there is greater biodiversity after mountaintop mining than before." #
- The Koch Brothers' "Americans for Prosperity" may as well be named "Americans for Plutocracy." #
- If the Astroturf Tea Party had spent an ounce of energy not union busting but reining in the Banksters, the depression would be long over. #
- Hannity, Limbaugh, & O'Reilly are members of a labor union: American Federation of Television and Radio Artists. #
- "The GOP Has Declared War on the Environment"? The GOP has been at war against brains & environmentalism since before Reagan's presidency. #
- Clinton raised taxes to 39.6%. He balanced the budget with surpluses. The greedy deregulated, caused a bubble/burst, then the Bush tax-cuts. #
- Tea Partiers are being so dumb that if they continue until the 2012 election, they will cause youth to overlook Obama's broken promises. #
- Smart people would rather have clean air & water w/ solar, wind, & geothermal than stupid, carcinogenic natural-gas wells & their owners. #
- "Regulation Lax as Gas Wells' [Radioactive] Tainted Water Hits Rivers" http://nyti.ms/dE1wER..... To Hell with fracking! Stupid, greedy monsters! #
- "Paedophile cult leader convicted for 'satanic' rape campaign" http://bit.ly/hg0fNz..... Will they scan & biochemically analyze his brain? #
- People who are anti-environmentalism are mentally & spiritually ill. There is no other explanation. They are sadists & masochists in one. #
- People who are against biodegradable packaging are insane. If you are against biodegradable packaging & for styrofoam, you're sick. #
- Raise taxes for surpluses & full employment. It wouldn't be hard or bad but easy & good all the way around if the greedy would repent. #
- Excellent start: "Sarah Palin...Michele Bachmann Would Call 18th-Century Philadelphia Freedom Fighters 'Un-American'" http://bit.ly/e10RCc..... #
- Memo to Tea Party: Social battle during American Revolution was money & credit, not getting government out of economy http://bit.ly/ift4PR..... #
- Elitist "merchants came to hate paper's [money] democratizing, socially equalizing tendencies in American society." http://bit.ly/hs7EvI..... #
- William Hogeland kindly gave a great reply comment when Nellie asked to be pointed to further reading material. http://bit.ly/hHsmJb..... #
- The Architect of the US Capitol wants to send Congress' styrofoam to have it burned for power? Burning styrofoam is terrible! #
- In Alabama, union money can't go to election campaigns. Corporate money can. It's not Equal Protection under the Constitution. Overturn it. #
- Constitutionally, if unions aren't protected persons, corporations aren't. It's Unequal Protection to recognize corporations but not unions. #
- Corporations aren't "persons" by race or creed but money for shares. Therefore, the rich are deemed more "persons" than are union members. #
- To the Tea Party: The "better" the superrich do relative to the rest, the worse the rest do in real terms. You're suckers. Conmen have you. #
- Unions, workers of the world, change the subject back to banksters, deregulation, & bailouts crashing the econ... (cont) #
- Big Business isn't the solution. Big Business is the problem. http://bit.ly/eunX2B..... #
- Making Unionism Far From Over: "Labors Last Stand" | The Nation http://j.mp/gysF7P..... via @AddToAny #
- Manufacturers, wholesalers, & retailers of compact florescent lights should have to recycle them so mercury doesn't end up openly released. #
- Hundreds are dead from the Japanese earthquake, but it's not too soon to say it shows the foolishness of nuclear power-plants. #
- News about Japanese nuclear power-plants is really bad. People working in some areas of those plants are walking dead. It makes me very sad. #
- Fukushima Daiichi plant: Radiation levels 1,000 times normal inside Unit 1's control room. Chernobyl II? OMG! It makes you want to cry. #
- The Fukushima Daiichi plant has containment Chernobyl didn't. The 2nd containment could breach if things get too hot. http://bit.ly/f6WBOY..... #
- When I think of Bahrain and contemplate the "nobility" forcing their rule over others, it makes me wonder about the level of their insanity. #
- So, you have the King of Saudi Arabia saying demonstrations are not allowed. Who put him in charge? Who says he's the rightful leader? #
- The proper American foreign & domestic policy & practice is righteousness. America shouldn't back leaders who lack consent of the people. #
- It's time for Obama to make it clear to Ali Saleh of Yemen that he must go. Cross the "al Qaeda" bridge when you come to it, Barack. #
- Egypt should not worry about economic-growth rates or strains on the budget. Focus solely on creating good government. Coffers will swell. #
- AFP reports Jordan's Prime Minister says Jordan rejects becoming a Constitutional Monarchy. What? It's already a Constitutional Monarchy. #
- Qaddaffi wants the opposition to think his mafia family has inexhaustible supplies & will kill until they're killed or the opposition quits. #
- Libya's violent war of attrition: Rushing to violence as the means of conflict resolution cost the Democracy Movement much moral ground. #
- I oppose US military intervention in Libya. It was an error for the opposition to focus on militancy. I still favor humanitarian assistance. #
- Pakistani Assassin Malik Qadri murdered Shahbaz Bhatti for blaspheming the prophet & Islam. It's not in the Qur'an. It's only a tradition. #
- Would Netanyahu trade Mordechai Vanunu for Jonathan Pollard? I'd bless that. #
- If the world declares no-fly over Libya, would Qaddaffi be stupid enough to blow it off since he remembers Ronald Reagan & fears his ghost? #
- The AP says an "intelligence official" claims the US captured rockets coming from Iran to Afghanistan. There's zero proof, just propaganda. #
- Are you aware that there has never been one shred of evidence of an Iranian nuclear weapons program forthcoming from anyone, ever? #
- "DOJ wins access to WikiLeaks-related Twitter accounts" DOJ had asked for "correspondence" but now says not "content." http://t.co/hml20Zr..... #
- Bradley Manning is pre-trial in maximum security. You'd think he's Al Capone. Justice delayed is justice denied. Where're the war criminals? #
- I'm favorably impressed by the COMMUNIQUE on Libya by the Peace and Security Council of the African Union http://bit.ly/hBBrCo..... #
- Oh dear: "Nature's nightmare - 80,000 missing in aftermath of earthquake and tsunami in Japan" http://t.co/cZINaQ0..... #
- Rods in place but cooling problems, radiation leaks, then huge explosion? https://twitter.com/#search?q=containment%20building #
- Form a League of Arab Multi-Party Democracies (LAMPD) adhering to & entrenching rights enshrined in the US Bill of Rights...? #
- Good overview: Egyptian Organization for Human Rights: Suggested immediate Constitutional Amendments http://bit.ly/gGx5xl..... #
- "Israel may ask U.S. for $20 billion more in security aid, Barak [Ehud Barak] says." Pop that trial balloon instantly. #
- Libya should not return to monarchy. http://bit.ly/e5LhFP..... #
- Correct your strategy/tactics: ElBaradei Warns of Danger Facing 25 January Egyptian Revolution | Al-Masry Al-Youm: Egypt http://j.mp/hv3rvr..... #
- Russian arms exports to Libya http://bit.ly/gu6hDq..... #
- RT @Reuters: FLASH: Japan's nuclear safety agency: Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Plant No. 3 reactor's emergency cooling system not functioning #
- RT @BiancaJagger: nuclear power is not SAFE RT @breakingnews: abt 140,000 evacuated from area of Japan nuke plants, IAEA reports - Reuters #
- Don't fault Trotskyists for pointing out U.S. inconsistencies. RT @WSWS_Updates: Obama backing military options in Libya http://dld.bz/REVZ..... #
- Splintered unions were the capitalist answer to Socialism. Take away unions, and the Tea Party strengthens Socialism. http://bit.ly/eyxyTZ..... #
- Qaddaffi is shooting his wad of ammo while praying rebels aren't supplied well, trained, advised, & made highly disciplined. #
- The Koch Bros don't want the people's government telling the Kochs that the Kochs can't release carcinogens into the people's environment. #
- W/o deregulation, Stern wouldn't have been possible. "Foreclosure Mill King David Stern Now in Deep Financial Trouble" http://bit.ly/dTwny1..... #
- Concerning homeless families wanting to work, why were New Deal work-programs bad except they didn't go far enough? http://bit.ly/gBLYl6..... #
- RT @CineversityTV: 60,000 activists went to the streets Saturday in # to protest against extending the life of # plants. #
- The WPA (Works Progress Administration, Work Projects Administration) was at least 3x too small & shouldn't have ended. http://bit.ly/dWuK6n..... #
- "Koch Industries Employs PR Firm To Airbrush Wikipedia, Gets Banned For Unethical 'Sock Puppets'" http://bit.ly/dK4EJO..... #
- I favorited a YouTube video — Kucinich: "We are Attacking the Victims of this Housing ... http://youtu.be/rh3C3zp9ByI?a..... #
- Homeowners Refinancing Act http://bit.ly/ia4tim..... Republicans Parrot Big Banks: Foreclosure Fraud Settlement A Shakedown http://bit.ly/f8yVQy..... #
- "Eco-Farming Can Double Food Production," by Devinder Sharma. http://bit.ly/hxbvoi..... "International Rice Researc... (cont) #
- This site says that "Japan's Nuclear Safety Board DID NOT Confirm Meltdown" http://bit.ly/i1HPgh..... #
- "Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency (NISA) said Saturday that the reactor could be nearing a meltdow... (cont) #
- Detailed Report: Japan Tsunami: Nuclear crisis worsens http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....Vpg8eleaeM http://ff.im/zqvfc..... #
Powered by Twitter Tools
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)