- Twitter Digest: March 12, 2011 AddToAny # via @
- Naive, duped by Russian, other propaganda?: "US and Russia: Cold War redux?" — RT AddToAny # via @
- The idea of anti-communitarianism in communism is utter crap. It's like saying anti-communism communism. It'... (cont) #
- "We've Been Warning...For Years! Philip White Nuclear Expert" http://ff.im/zqXAT..... #
- RT @avinunu: "Bush had...convictions even if you despised.... Obama is a walking, talking, smoking empty suit." His spitty finger's airing. #
- Hardly: "VDARE.com: Immigration and the Unmentionable Question of Ethnic Interests, by Kevin MacDonald" http://j.mp/h9uWCu..... #
- New tsunami reportedly surging towards devastated Japan...authorities warning could strike in minutes. http://bit.ly/dHo3GW..... #
- Report just updated: Japan reassures public it has not detected a tsunami after another earthquake struck today. http://bit.ly/g4JKCR..... #
- "Minister: China pollution remains 'very serious'" China, hurry up! Coal is moronic what with clean technologies. #
- Disasters: Oil, Gulf of Mexico+; nuclear, Japan+; fracking, wherever; mountaintop removal, wherever. No disasters: Solar, wind, geothermal. #
- Rebels miscalculated: Qaddaffi's support would erode; Tripoli would turn. Plus, Obama hasn't seemed the type to block Qaddaffi before Brega. #
- "16 of the 20 most polluted cities in the world are Chinese." Welcome to Selfishville. http://ti.me/gNn2qq..... #
- "...some of the most dangerous neurotoxins known to man — were improperly dumped in Dzerzhinsk between 1930 an... (cont) #
- "Within 30 miles (48 km) of the nickel smelter there's not a single living tree" http://ti.me/gXkzfF..... #
- Truth: "...international community...helped fortify...Qaddafi's dictatorship...has a great moral responsibility...." http://nyti.ms/fm2GgA..... #
- "Jewish prayer ritual alarms Alaska Airlines crew" Oh, brother! So, it's not just Muslims who spook them? Maybe it's just prayers. #
- Libyan revolutionaries reportedly retake Brega. http://bit.ly/hg3nXr..... Apparently, without Brega, they couldn't fuel their power plants. #
- Barack Obama, it's time for the dictator, Ali Saleh, to go. Tell him! "Yemeni police...wounded more than 100 in a protesters' camp Sunday" #
- Sami Zaid, doctor, Science and Technology Hospital, Sanaa, Yemen, says he's "90% sure it's nerve gas & not tear gas that was used." #
- Jewish National Fund (JNF) engages in the ethnic cleansing of Palestine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....._Y5AkPPrJU http://ff.im/zrMnV..... #
- Did you believe? I didn't, not for a second. Obama rang phony, still does. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....5voSHCn6NE http://ff.im/zrNwK..... #
- Committee to Stop FBI Repression http://bit.ly/fdE334..... Supreme Court Upholds Material Support of Terrorism Law http://bit.ly/fgMokA..... #
- I liked a YouTube video — Iceland: The Mouse that Roared (Birgitta Jonsdottir) http://youtu.be/goAdDMfpyrA?a..... #
- I favorited a YouTube video — Iceland: The Mouse that Roared (Birgitta Jonsdottir) http://youtu.be/goAdDMfpyrA?a..... #
- Comment: It looks promising. I'm looking forward to seeing the whole thing. T... (YouTube http://youtu.be/goAdDMfpyrA?a.....) #
- I link to left- & right-wing sites when there's food for thought. "Abby Johnson: Three Planned Parenthood Deceptions." http://bit.ly/ggkAIX..... #
- No to nukes! Too many if's and errors: Letting pumps run out of fuel, closing valves that should have remained open: http://lat.ms/gctL9p..... #
- Let all Iranians see the folly of current nuclear energy. Stop. Put all efforts into solar, wind, and geothermal. It will serve you better. #
- My Take: False Liberalism: "Power Concedes Nothing Without a Demand," by Chris Hedges http://j.mp/gF4zvF..... via @AddToAny #
- Abhorring the treatment of Bradley Manning for leaking war crimes and endorsing Bradley's homosexuality are not one and the same. #
- State Dept. Spokesman P.J. Crowley shouldn't have been asked to resign for openly stating Bradley Manning's confinement is unconstitutional. #
- I don't like James O'Keefe's tactics, strategy, or end goal, but NPR's Ron Schiller was wrong lumping all Tea Partiers together as racists. #
- If James O'Keefe edited video falsely to show Ron Schiller lumping all Tea Partiers together as racists, then "tar and feather" O'Keefe. #
- NPR liberals "apologize...promise that it will never happen again - even though "it" didn't happen in the first place." http://bit.ly/g8R1Eg..... #
- "the raw video reveals that he [NPR exec Ron Schiller] is largely recounting the views expressed to him by tw... (cont) #
- GOP governors' evil tax cuts for the rich & corporations putting more of the burden on the non-rich & non-corporations: http://bit.ly/f9Igcs..... #
- "Cleaning Up Power Plants and Refineries" The EPA's comment period is still open. Join in (via the online subm... (cont) #
- I hope this link works. It supposed to go to a discussion-comment: National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty: http://linkd.in/h2DQjF.....
- I hope this link works. It's supposed to go to a discussion-comment: National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty: http://linkd.in/h2DQjF..... #
- US Sen. Leader, Mitch McConnell (R-KY) says, "I don't think." True. RT @GreeGreece: Tsunami of Lies About Nuclear #
- Which side are you on? Hamas & LGBT? Nope. "Palestine is a queer issue." Hmmm, Palestine makes strange bedfellows. http://bit.ly/ggCr3s..... #
- Interesting: Private-residence geothermal drilling, etc. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....DAVLnj5AGc http://ff.im/zsB9d..... #
- RT @edwardvirtually: can we start demanding geothermal now? #
- There are many conflicting reports right now about Fukushima being abandoned. #
- Hiroko Tabuchi, Tokyo-based biz, econ & tech reporter, New York Times, tweets that the Fukushima Daiichi plant has not been abandoned. #
- RT @maafa: Hundreds shot [with buckshot, apparently not killed] in Bahrain protest - Sydney Morning Herald http://bit.ly/f64M0G..... #
- Libyan rebels reportedly have a new/experienced commander who defected from Qaddaffi w/ some 8,000 men & heavy weapons. http://bit.ly/eB143O..... #
- NEWS ADVISORY: Gov't ready to release rice stockpiles wherever needed: farm minister (13:05)
BREAKING NEWS... (cont) #
- An alternative look at the Japanese nuke problem: http://bit.ly/igBeIH..... "The Amish way of life, for example, ma... (cont) #
Powered by Twitter Tools
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)