- Twitter Digest: March 17, 2011 http://j.mp/etimlv..... via @AddToAny #
- Milton Friedman obfuscated "central planning." Capitalists don't own the term. Capitalist monopolists, directors/executives centrally plan. #
- Does economic democracy come from free ballots or privately loaded wallets? Anarcho-capitalists say the wallet is sacred, the ballot theft. #
- Still, Qaddaffi is wicked. "Sarkozy's Libyan surprise" http://econ.st/dEJeEU..... Capitalist-Zionism http://bit.ly/eHEAMI..... http://bit.ly/fyI0PF..... #
- Libya resolution: UN security council air strikes vote - live http://bit.ly/i5TMwi.....
• UN security council expec... (cont) #
- Qaddaffi was a fool to be so bloody against protesters who would have remained peaceful. Live Security Council re/ Libya http://bit.ly/gIWg4n..... #
- Russia & China have not vetoed a no-fly zone over Libya. Security Council vote: Voting for the resolution: Per... (cont) #
- The Russians raised valid points re/ the Security Council Libyan no-fly zone resolution. They will object if utmost care isn't exercised. #
- Qaddaffi needs to stop, announce to the world that he is ceasing all hostilities effective immediately, and then get out of Libya ASAP. #
- RT @stacyherbert: @bicyclemark Bob Gates: http://bit.ly/fhfFmh..... "no-fly zone begins with an attack on Libya to destroy the air defenses." #
- Before attacking anything, it would be improper for UN-sanctioned no-fly enforcers to fail to give Qaddaffi a chance to come to his senses. #
- The no-fly resolution apparently authorizes destroying tanks/equipment used to even threaten Benghazi civilians. http://bit.ly/gQQ51I..... #
- With brains, Qaddaffi could have avoided this. He could have lived up to socialist ideals rather than making himself a king by another name. #
- @GreeGreece If Qaddaffi doesn't back down, there's no hope for him. He really misplayed his hand so far — terrible misjudgment! #
- Focus on Qaddaffi being centrally responsible. Violent reactions to violence is less than perfect, but we know where the greater sin lies. #
- A declaration of war isn't required for the US to begin enforcing constitutionally legal/required international/UN treaty obligations. #
- RT @rallaf: I will believe # protects civilians the day it imposes # on # and keeps Palestinians safe from Israeli bombs. #
- RT @GreeGreece: RT @euthenics: RTVideo: 'Water used to cool # flowing back to sea - effects hard to predict' http://bit.ly/hypQeU..... #
- RT @HirokoTabuchi: US Flights Over Plant...Crucial Data http://nyti.ms/dVoTU3..... Worst contamination hasn't spewed beyond J-gov's 30km radius. #
- Obama must issue a clear statement to Qaddaffi that Qaddaffi has the opportunity right now to stop & thereby avoid an attack upon his forces. #
- US Chamber of Commerce spent more lobbying 2009 than next 5 combined, more on politics than the Republican, Democratic National Committees. #
- More than half of the US Chamber of Commerce's budget comes from 16 companies. So, those companies lobby through the Chamber. #
- The info about the US Chamber of Commerce in my last 2 tweets came from Bill McKibben, founder of http://www.350.org/...... #
- http://bit.ly/ijvV5c..... "The idea that businesses don't have an effect— businesses are made up of people. If w... (cont) #
- Rush Limbaugh is one of the dumbest people I have ever encountered! "Recycling is a Meaningless Scam": Rush Limbaugh. http://bit.ly/fkgFPe..... #
- Rush Limbaugh doesn't comprehend the negative impacts of plastic waste to the environment. He's stuck compartmentalizing — can't connect. #
- "Rush Limbaugh is one of the dumbest people I have ever encountered!" Is that mean of me to say? I'm not sayin... (cont) #
- Watch: Julian Assange goes into detail about the Guardian's (& New York Times') breach of contract with WikiLeaks. http://bit.ly/hUPyNu..... #
- Vermont: Leading the way: Single-payer healthcare. Is Vermont now or becoming the most progressive state in the nation? http://bit.ly/eOCuKA..... #
- Maybe you thought single-payer is dead. It's just getting started! "Single-payer supporters dominate public hearing" http://bit.ly/h2IWvB..... #
- "King Hamad related...Bahrainis were receiving training from Hizbollah in Lebanon, but admitted he had no definitive proof." Typical #
- Obama vetoes Security Council resolution, Zionist settlements illegal, gets this: "Israeli MK: Obama can go to hell" http://bit.ly/hQAy59..... #
- RT @Linawaheeb: Dimona plant: globes.co.il/serveen/globes "404 - File or directory not found. The resource yo... (cont) #
- China, Israel, Germany, & others question nuclear energy & say they're going to switch to safe alternatives. So, what about it America? #
- To many, Blacks weren't men. Black Tea Partier Herman Cain said the Founders "set the bar high when they said all men were created equal." #
- Terry Eagleton: "The evil are precisely those who don't enjoy an orgy." Jesus would enjoy an orgy, or he's evil? Terry, you're a moron. #
- Jean-Bertrand Aristide is still the rightful president of Haiti whether anyone else thinks so or not. #
- "Jean-Bertrand Aristide exile ends with rapturous welcome home to Haiti" http://bit.ly/fQYN58..... #
- If a president momentarily focuses on other than the current crisis, the opposite party whines. It happened with Bush, now Obama. #
- Wisc. Judge Blocks Controversial Union Law http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....H6BMOpZqec http://ff.im/zuVDH..... #
- Regardless of the desires of any worldly empire, every government that kills peaceful, legitimate dissenters must fall. #
- Bashar Assad, if you know what's good for you, you better order your security forces to stop killing peaceful protesters. #
- If Qaddaffi ordered a ceasefire & forces continue hitting civilians, he's lost control of his forces & is open to France hitting them hard. #
- @lostpets: "ANTI-union law." How about "utterly evil anti-worker law"? http://youtu.be/EH6BMOpZqec..... #
- The AP reports "snipers kill 46 Yemeni protesters." I'm a pacifist & anti-death penalty; but If murderous dictators are killed, I'll sleep. #
- Before attacking, Obama must positively substantiate that Qaddaffi's forces have been aggressively (not defensively) violating the ceasefire. #
- It would be very evil to warn Qaddaffi, as Obama did (properly; consistent with my call yesterday), then hit Qaddaffi based upon lies. Verify! #
- RT @avinunu: The worst form of anti-Semitism is to fall for lie that Zionist racism & apartheid really represent Jews and Jewish values. #
- "RecallTheRepublicans.com - Milwaukee" It is unfair, & it is class warfare. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....ORCBswSFSU http://ff.im/zuYXl..... #
- I keep seeing leftist posts saying a majority of Americans now "support gay marriage," but "Q. Do you thin... (cont) #
- If New Hampshire cuts cigarette taxes "it would mean more than $21 million in...health costs": Anarcho-capitalists at work being dumb. #
- Yesterday, a wild story went viral that Bakersfield, CA had a radiation spike. The Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty Organization says no. #
- "Testing finds no health threat along West Coast" # # #radiation #
- "What Happened at My First Orgy"? If you stayed & participated willingly, you turned into a slut if you weren't one already. Repent. #
- Qaddaffi doesn't understand that he needs to order & follow through on an immediate, full, extremely rapid retreat while pleading with Obama. #
- UN forces will be able to bomb tanks & use military to enforce the arms embargo against the Qaddaffis. He's history. http://nyti.ms/gNvB1j..... #
- If Qaddaffi is still offensively bombing/shelling/shooting civilians, he's not only shooting himself in both feet but straight in the head. #
- Teddy Borawski, chief oil & gas geologist, Pennsylvania Department of Conservation & Natural Resources, equated GASLAND w/ Nazi propaganda. #
- "...the whole world knows there is something terribly wrong with Hydraulic Fracturing...except...." http://bit.ly/hoVCsb..... #
Powered by Twitter Tools
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)