- Twitter Digest: March 20, 2011 http://j.mp/hoPEBk..... via @AddToAny #
- Yemeni police violently suppress anti-Saleh demonstrations http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....AyPq4s4L3w http://ff.im/zwit4..... #
- Response to: "Obama on presidential war-making powers - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com" http://j.mp/hPtrW0..... @ggreenwald #
- I liked a YouTube video — 2011 0318 NaderEllsberg Pt1 http://youtu.be/lsUWWug8L3Q?a..... #
- I liked a YouTube video — Ralph Nader & Daniel Ellsberg: We Need Courage & Mobilizatio... http://youtu.be/kYyImFBPVW4?a..... #
- I liked a YouTube video — Caldicott: UN lies about nuclear threat http://youtu.be/65ptQASTKCk?a..... #
- @Naija50 "US tunnel vision on Libya while whole region on fire" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....yYqyAPNhGw http://ff.im/zwp6G..... #
- Proper questions: RT @GreeGreece @shortorlong: 8 years ago, the U.S. invaded Iraq http://read.bi/eOB7eL..... #
- I liked a YouTube video — Repression, Resistance and the CIA in Libya http://youtu.be/6aBQ80Rv2wo?a..... #
- Comment: The market didn't shift from coal to oil primarily because oil was l... (YouTube http://youtu.be/gZRtS4hKYfU?a.....) #
- I liked a YouTube video — Modern History Of Libya http://youtu.be/41n2Iu9SC5E?a..... #
- Learn about the OK City & 7/7 bombings & CCTV issues (same for 9/11): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....jScdABvS48 http://ff.im/zwv9s..... #
- Comment: I hit the like button on the comment that says, "The music is d... (YouTube http://youtu.be/20fJtsWIMCQ?a.....) #
- I favorited a YouTube video — Papantonio: Republicans Say Let's Kill Immigrants Like W... http://youtu.be/e7u2MBtXcYU?a..... #
- David Attenborough's speech on the environment & human population growth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....K0rXRmC4DQ http://ff.im/zwAs5..... #
- I liked a YouTube video — GOPer Hypothetically, CAIR Is A Terrorist Organization http://youtu.be/b3U8_UBWrP4?a..... #
- Comment: I like Dennis Kucinich on many issues; but even though I'm anti-war,... (YouTube http://youtu.be/lbyXyG2DYOE?a.....) #
- If Qaddaffi hadn't ordered an instant crackdown, he would have faced only peaceful protesters. The U.S. DID NOT make him start being violent. #
- On a US-Constitutional Declaration of War & UN Security Council Resolution 1973, Libyan No-Fly Zone http://j.mp/h55WXw..... via @AddToAny #
- I favorited a YouTube video — Michael Moore Goes to Norway & Visits a Prison of the Fu... http://youtu.be/01mTKDaKa6Q?a..... #
- Little to no rape, looting in Japan but New Orleans, Haiti? Solution? Not genetics, & Manning's a Birther. http://youtu.be/Dp-dJ1k_DbI..... #
- "Potential GOP candidates face 'birther' question" http://wapo.st/h10fH2..... #
- I kept running into: "Jews dominated the Black slave trade in America." I went looking & ran into, uh-oh, David Duke: #
- Libya: UN Security Council Responsibility to Protect (RtoP, R2P): Glenn Greenwald, Kucinich Aren't Up On http://j.mp/i9FTDV..... @ggreenwald #
- Link to David Duke documenting Jews' claims of heavy Jewish involvement in slave trading. Lose 7 Twitter followers in 2 hours. Truth haters. #
- RT @jricole: Top Ten Ways that Libya 2011 is Not Iraq 2003 http://bit.ly/dOtUdW..... All true. #
- Qaddaffi, Libya needs you to quit. Check your ego. "Is Muammar Qaddaffi a target? PM and military split over war aims" http://bit.ly/fy6o74..... #
- Good: Yemeni Generals and Officials Defect After Killing of 35 Protesters http://bit.ly/gOM8PO..... @democracynow #
- Abdullah, Khalifa, and Saleh must go. #
- @GreeGreece "At Prince Charles Hospital - wife is giving kidney to daughter - 8 hour day." Bless you all. #
- "Government is not the solution.... Government is the problem." Stupid! Bad government is the problem. Good government is the solution. #
- RT @ECESG: About 40 media outlets submitted requests to participate in the "Freedom Flotilla II" #
- RT @arabist: FT - Brotherhood will be left behind: Rather confident argument that MB stands to lose from democracy http://arb.st/hsYqEi..... #
- "JONES: ISRAEL-BASHERS ARE 'SCUM'" Ted Pike's Christian Patriotism? Confusion. Alex Jones' Zionism? Also confusion. http://bit.ly/ha20TD..... #
- I liked a YouTube video — Top army commanders defect in Yemen #
- I liked a YouTube video — Yemen ambassador calls on President Saleh to resign #
- Yemeni President Saleh is history. He needs to see the writing on the wall. He needs to get out, now. Obama, tell him to go, now. #
- Assad is running scared in Syria. He's seen Qaddaffi's fate, so he's backpedaling from the hardline — lying that his forces didn't murder. #
- I liked a YouTube video — Media Trying To Minimize Abu Ghraib By Equating It With Murd... #
- Dennis has a right to his opinion, but he's wrong about the UN Charter/Securi... (YouTube # )
- Benghazi, w/ 700+ thousand people, was going to be hit by Qaddaffi & hit e... (YouTube http://youtu.be/vTk-3aadeWc?a.....) #
- Drawing a parallel between the huge and numerous lies in the lead up to the i... (YouTube http://youtu.be/-UEQEQ-TjI0?a.....) #
- Dennis has it backwards. The US Constitution states that treaties are the &qu... (YouTube http://youtu.be/sjJWsbAcG_I?a.....) #
- Gilbert Achar has given the best analysis I've heard. He's right that a huge ... (YouTube http://youtu.be/qN6JL0vJJmw?a.....) #
- I favorited a YouTube video — Libyan No Fly Zone Necessary But Intervention Has Imperi... http://youtu.be/qN6JL0vJJmw?a..... #
- Stop funding evil Zionism. Christian Palestinian Arab stabbed 10 times. Orthodox-Jew Zionists' violent extremism http://t.co/shd8wJC..... #
- Stop funding Zionism. US: Ethnicity-based deed restrictions, illegal. Apartheid Israel: Housing discrimination, legal. http://t.co/J3rxjsL..... #
- Yemen's president Saleh will go. Even Saudi King Abdullah wants him gone now. Obama will end up telling Saleh to go. http://on.ft.com/gtNEv1..... #
- The way for the US to deal with "al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP)" is via multi-party democracy & free & fair elections in Yemen. #
- Problem w/ neoconservatism: Jeane Kirkpatrick "blessing" US backing authoritarians. Condi Rice sort of broke w/ it. We need consistency! #
- Why are "conservative" capitalists against governmental consumer protection? Letting buyers who can't get info beware is a profit center. #
- Google search "soak the rich": frantic capitalists spewing false stats about what high rates on the super-rich do. Don't be duped by greed. #
- High marginal-tax rates on the super-rich have never been bad for the overall economy but helped to lift all ships with the tide. #
- The most important thing to remember about the current economic crash is that it never would have happened if the banks weren't deregulated. #
- Soak the rich: #
- The greedy pay to cast doubt on good sharing-plans. Don't fall for fake concerns. Coerce this: the Robin Hood tax. http://bit.ly/hYQeVP..... #
- http://bit.ly/fZxp8i..... "The Robin Hood Tax is justice. The banks can afford it. The systems are in place to coll... (cont) #
- "Former youth pastor faces 60 charges" Homosexual pedophilia is that much more diabolical when "God" is used. #
- WikiLeaks: More cables claim Christian leaders voiced support for Israel's attack on Hezbollah http://bit.ly/dSOiTj..... #
- Very short: Israel: "colonialism, apartheid and ethnic cleansing" http://bit.ly/gDbKnT..... See the comment section too. #
- It's difficult to know whether the underlying "facts" are true. "RAF Tornado Pilots Abort Targets to Avoid Civilians" http://bit.ly/gUrJe0..... #
- The Zionist Organization horned the majority of Arabs out of Palestine to set up a "Jewish" state. "Delegitimize" suggests that was legit. #
- (Prophecy: The Zionist Project fails.) Israeli "Military Intelligence monitoring foreign left-wing organizations." http://bit.ly/etzT8u..... #
- Will US Share Intelligence w/ Israel's New Left Wing Intelligence Initiative? http://bit.ly/hwJFGs..... Zionist agents in the US government will. #
- I liked a YouTube video — Cash-for-votes cables are authentic: Assange to NDTV http://youtu.be/0yfxhFX4zGM?a..... #
- "Responsibility to Protect": Land-thieving, ethnic-cleansing, war-criminal Zionists running scared. You know it's good. http://bit.ly/gKTkM0..... #
- Horse manure! What Hyper-Zionist Frank Gaffney is really afraid of is that there can't be anymore Operation Cast Leads. #
- WikiLeaks, Israel, Lebanon, Hezbollah, etc. It would take a bit to digest all of this, especially for a non-Lebanese. http://bit.ly/gIHVM6..... #
- "The world of finance hails the invention of the wheel over and over again, often in a slightly more unstable version." — J. K. Galbraith #
- Israeli Army Cooperates with Settlers in Attacks on Palestinians http://bit.ly/hK8QLX..... No proof an Arab murdered the Jews has been provided. #
- A non-violent movement, please: "workers must break with the Democratic Party and build a mass socialist movement" http://bit.ly/gXxX2i..... #
- Israeli racism: "After Itamar: Exploring the cynical logic that makes everyone a target," by Max Blumenthal http://bit.ly/e0D3QM..... Palestine #
- "Fogel family was murdered...by...Palestinians...in Itamar, Israel." Where's the proof it was Palestinians? Also, it's Itamar, Palestine. #
- Obama says the doctrine isn't for US force against all tyrants. Well, is it against ALL massacres of civilians or not? Be specific! #
- Obama: It [Responsibility to Protect] "doesn't mean that we can solve every problem in the world." Stop being vacuous. Be consistent. #
- If Qaddaffi was stopped from killing civilians protesting for human rights, then NO ruler may kill civilians protesting for human rights. #
- The Security Council told Qaddaffi to get out of Misrata. Insanely, he is still there attacking. He will not be allowed to continue. #
- Qaddaffi is defying the Security Council that is doing it's designed job. Russia & China will agree that he not be allowed to continue. #
- If Qaddaffi doesn't stop & the coalition doesn't hit him directly to end it, will they arm, train, & advise rebels until Qaddaffi is removed? #
- I want to be clear. I'm opposed to war. I'm writing about Libya, etc., calling for the UN & US, et al., to be consistently pro-human rights. #
- Syrian uprising: Assad's forces attack protesters: http://ff.im/zy1FX..... # Assad must go too!
Powered by Twitter Tools
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)