- Twitter Digest: March 23, 2011 http://j.mp/fMIVeK..... via @AddToAny #
- Nuclear Don't Ask, Don't Tell: Israeli-American Existential Gaming http://j.mp/hcDLCA..... @alanauthor @wearewideawake @GreeGreece @CineversityTV #
- @ChangeInLibya How well does Google do at translating this site you suggested? http://bit.ly/ifVrfI..... #
- You're not pacifists. If you thought it humanitarian, how would you react? Consistency? @WSWS_Updates "Obama and Libya #
- RT @fredabrahams: @HRW: Free all detained journalists in # http://bit.ly/hVOBQj..... #
- Bomb Iran under "Responsibility to Protect" law? Framing: "If Obama can bomb Libya, a President Palin can bomb Iran without Congress's OK." #
- "Congress...never authorized or debated...intervention in Libya." It should have thought about that before creating the UN Security Council. #
- "Congress...never authorized or debated...intervention in Libya." It should have thought about that before the US signed the UN Charter. #
- "Congress...never authorized or debated...intervention in Libya." The US is Constitutionally obligated to abide by the UN Charter it signed. #
- "Congress...never authorized or debated...intervention in Libya." Want to go back to the even worse old days before the Security Council? #
- "Congress...never authorized or debated...intervention in Libya." If the Security Council isn't working right, reform it. #
- "Congress...never...debated...intervention in Libya." Kill the Security Council with no replacement, & there won't be policing of nations. #
- "Congress...never...debated...intervention in Libya." I'm all for the nations becoming righteous so they don't need policing. You start. #
- Dennis Kucinich, read the Constitution: "Treaties made...under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land." #
- US Constitution: "Treaties made...under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land." The UN Charter applies! #
- Constitution: "Treaties made...under the Authority of the United States...supreme Law of the Land." The Libyan No-Fly Resolution is binding. #
- If the US Congress as a body is silent in the face of the binding Security Council No-Fly Resolution, then it is ascent. #
- If the US Congress doesn't agree with the binding Security Council No-Fly Resolution, then it must withdraw from, or change, the UN. #
- How many "liberals" who are complaining that the US is bound under the UN Charter by the US Constitution want to pull out of the UN? #
- He should be skipping Israel & going right to Gaza — by boat. That would impress me! "Bob Dylan to perform in Israel" http://bit.ly/h1Ucb3..... #
- "Andrew Wilkie,...member of parliament from Tasmania,...would like to see whistleblower legislation passed" http://bit.ly/e2sGwI..... @WikiLeaks #
- Oust Saleh; form a gov. council; draft electoral laws/constitution; & hold a referendum followed by parliamentary/presidential elections. #
- "Saleh...has now lost support from every power base in the nation [Yemen]." # He's still speaking egotistically.
- Not that I backed massive airstrikes, but what are all the critics going to say when Obama actually pulls back from Libya? #
- If Hamas had the brains, it would do a unilateral ceasefire, hold to it, then wave the Responsibility to Protect under the UNSC's nose. #
- Hamas should show the utmost patience right now as the Egyptian people are forming a new government that will control the Rafah crossing. #
- Rasmussen Reports: "Voters continue to blame the current economic problems on the recession which began under the Bush administration." Duh. #
- It's hilarious. I keep getting tons of notifications from Twitter that I have new followers, but the total barely budges. #
- New follower: 5 Tweets, 1,624 Followers. I have 10,770 Tweets & only 858 Followers. Are you sending out checks? Your last tweet was in Jan. #
- Who are the morons behind the massive biofuels campaign? They aren't environmentalists but shortsighted, greedy capitalist planet-rapers. #
- So, President Obama needs to come out now saying that Libya's National Oil Corporation (NOC) will NOT BE denationalized by the West. #
- S. 510, H.R. 2751 Food Safety Modernization Act: Response: Vermont Resolution for Food Sovereignty http://bit.ly/e9NzUj..... #
- Constitutional amendment: Initiative & Referendum: Sufficient petition signatures triggers direct popular vote on applicable proposed law. #
- A constitutional amendment for initiatives & referendums should also allow for constitutional amendments via initiatives & referendums. #
- Constitutional amendment: Recall: Sufficient petition signatures triggers direct popular vote (plebiscite) on removal of public official. #
- Holocaust, Hate Speech & Were the Germans so Stupid? http://j.mp/hoemh1..... # #Israel # #Gaza # #Japan # #Freedom #
- Libya: Separate in your mind: 1) Current UN military attacks 2) Longer-term resolution that Qaddaffi committed human-rights crimes & must go. #
- Libya: Current UN-military attacks will wind down; but what with Qaddaffi's human-rights violations, will democratic forces remain embargoed? #
- Libya: Revolutionaries claim "8,000 people named as government operatives in [Qaddaffi's] secret police files" in the revolutionaries' hands. #
- "I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free." — Abraham Lincoln #
- Libya: How much did it cost the US not to stop the Rwandan genocide? How would America be viewed now if it had and for the right reasons? #
- "There is no evidence that Libyan authorities have taken steps to carry out their obligations under resolutions 1970 or 1973." - Ban Ki-moon #
- Qaddaffi tanks re-entered Misrata. Qaddaffi is setting himself up for further Security Council actions such as supporting the revolutionaries. #
- Assad better end the emergency laws. He says he's releasing all activists taken this month. Still, multi-party, free & fair, is required. #
- Solar, wind, geothermal, tidal, etc., can definitely quickly replace oil, gas, coal, and biofuels. All it takes is the decision to do it. #
- Yemeni President Saleh makes America's enemies stronger. Removing Saleh for multi-party, free-&-fair elections would improve US security. #
- I hate the following expression: "Day of rage." I distance myself from all who use it. Rage is part of the problem. #
- Rage, violence, war, vengeance, these are evils to be overcome within. #
- On Wednesday, the Egyptian Cabinet outlawed protests and strikes. In the face of everything Egypt has just gone through, that is moronic. #
- That the Egyptian Cabinet outlawed protests & strikes is exactly why I said from the outset that the sooner there are elections the better. #
- A Christian party in a secular government is oxymoronic, but this Egyptian law is anti-democratic/freedom of religion. http://bit.ly/hmMCx3..... #
- @mathaba "Qaddaffi never rounded up 5% of this many..." http://ur1.ca/3ny55..... The article mentions 8,000 agents named in secret Qaddaffi files. #
- Gaza / Hamas mistaken if it thinks it's forcing Libyan-rebel situation. World doesn't see enough. Who started current cycle of violence? #
- Israelis claim they struck in response to a mortar. Did Gazans break the lull this time? It will matter at the UNSC. http://bit.ly/eHwXjJ..... #
- Gazans are under brutal oppression by Zionists who have zero right to have done what they have vis-a-vis Palestine, but the world is slow. #
- Putin called SC Libyan action "medieval...crusade." Russia could lose $10 billion in arms deals & a navy port in Syria. #
- I liked a YouTube video — Inside Story - Syria's 40-year rule challenged #
- I liked a YouTube video — Empire - The Brotherhood #
- Gaza: Vengeance is NOT the answer. Vengeance is sinful. Don't do it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....XYfBCamkks http://ff.im/zH7r0..... #
- ## #Palestine # #Tunisia # #Jordan # #Algeria # #Bahrain # #Kuwait # Arabi... (cont)
- Does it get any dumber than this? I hope not. This is really lame-brained. Monbiot doesn't even mention geothermal. http://bit.ly/evRX2U..... #
- The World Just Got Back 13 Terawatt Hours of Spam-Wasted Electricity!: http://t.co/LyaLSV9..... #
- Defamation: New Anti-Semitism http://j.mp/gaJ28f..... Anti-Defamation League, Abe Foxman, Norman Finkelstein, Holocaust Industry, Nazis, Gaza #
- Budget Technopocalypse: Proposed Congressional Budgets Slash Funding for Data Transparency http://t.co/5YbjkKn..... via @sunfoundation #
- First death in Jordan since protests began http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....rUJZO0Eazo http://ff.im/zLACa..... #
- More reported killed as Syrian protests spread, Mar 25, 2011 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....rt5mHXR9qU http://ff.im/zLAXx..... #
- Libyan rebels retake Ajdabiya http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....PzKg1mGpBU http://ff.im/zLBN2..... #
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....aLfDo45WrA Donald Trump is a Birther because Obama's relatives might disagree on... http://ff.im/zLGbV..... #
- Do the Syrian protesters really know Assad? http://ff.im/zLL9N..... #
- Syrian protesters call for end of Assad regime.... http://ff.im/zLNQz..... #
- I liked a YouTube video — Maine Governor Orders Removal of Labor History Mural From De... #
- What's with anti-worker governors?
Middle-and-lower class workers are ... (YouTube #)
- I've never heard Chossudovsky make less sense. Libya is not much like Yug... (YouTube http://youtu.be/rLQ0wL8hXCY?a.....) #
- I liked a YouTube video — 23 Things They Don't Tell You About Capitalism http://youtu.be/620CipI1m3I?a..... #
- I liked a YouTube video — Qatar, Al Jazeera and the Middle East http://youtu.be/nGc9gvXpGM8?a..... #
- I liked a YouTube video — Nuclear reactors safety-On the Edge with Max Keiser-03-25-20... http://youtu.be/nHrpCEpvo0o?a..... #
- I liked a YouTube video — Nuclear reactors safety-On the Edge with Max Keiser-03-25-20... http://youtu.be/yXCN8sY1OKQ?a..... #
- I favorited a YouTube video — Gaza in Plain Language—Revisited. Honoring the March t... http://youtu.be/TxdaHM7rgag?a..... #
- I liked a YouTube video — Obama Executive Order On Miranda Rights http://youtu.be/HDN05Z67lbA?a..... #
- "Natural Flow of History: Hamas Should Rethink Charter," by Ramzy Baroud http://bit.ly/eJ0UJ6..... "'ErdoÃ°an's mode... (cont) #
- "Japan...adoption-averse..., with extended families usually stepping in as surrogate parents when there is need." http://bit.ly/hzvvvv..... #
- "China: Japan crisis won't deter its nuclear growth" That's mighty stupid. #
- Do you buy a car with no airbags or seat belts since it's cheaper? Why fight geothermal, wind, & solar if they're safer than nuclear? #
- So far, Mubarak has appeared the smartest Middle East Dictator. Will any of the remaining ones prove wise: completely reform & then get out? #
- Assad released 260 political prisoners in Syria. Will he stay that course or be stupid, revert, and lash out at unarmed protesters? #
- Hamas must stop the tit for tat with the Zionists. It must stop and point to it repeatedly. When Israel does strike, Gazans will have proof. #
- "WikiLeaks cable shows US at odds with ElBaradei" It confirms the obvious. ElBaradei is not, and never has been, a stooge of the Empire. #
- ElBaradei called the US-led Palestinian/Israeli peace process a "ridiculous joke." I agree. #
- Khalifa, send the Saudis home, institute sweeping reforms, create a new & fair constitution, redistribute the wealth, & do land reform. #
- Iran's theocracy will not be benefited in its sharia-authoritarianism by multi-party secular democracies springing up throughout the region. #
- ## #Palestine # #Tunisia # #Jordan # #Algeria # #Bahrain # #Kuwait # Arabi... (cont)
- The UN Security Council resolutions concerning Libya are not "no-fly zone" only. Critics could bother to read them first. They aren't long. #
- Mainstream media are not pinning down Obama. Is the US obligated under the Constitution to abide by the treaty of treaties, the UN Charter? #
- Mainstream media, pin down Obama. Does the US have a responsibility to avert bloodbaths world wide or not? If not, where's the line drawn? #
- Washington Post: Yemen al Qaeda could be close to launching attack, according to US spy agencies. They could be closer to falling apart too. #
- Zionist-US spies are spreading bull about Yemen to prop up the dictator, Saleh. The sooner he's gone, the sooner al Qaeda crashes. #
- RT @avinunu: Jordan regime has decided to raise stakes so that any call for real change is considered an act of treason. Sad and foolish. #
- Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is dreaming if he thinks he can turn the Arab uprisings into an Islamic-authoritarian movement. #
- Say no to Muslim-cleric coercion. Arab uprisings, Islamic-authoritarianism runs contrary to government by the consent of the governed. #
- "What's left of Egypt's Left" http://bit.ly/hyJuX2..... It appears they should anticipate a parliamentary-coalition government. #
- The US is reckless. DU is heavy, so they use it to attack heavy armor; but it's highly toxic for thousands o... (cont) #
- Short attention-spans kill. Deregulating, privatizing bankster-corporatists crashed the economy. They're richer. You paid. Soak the rich. #
- If there are any taxes at all for anything, soak the rich. #
- Alex Jones says execute those responsible for Japan's nuclear disaster. He's wrong about oil, coal, & Global Warming. Should we execute him? #
- It won't be long now before Qaddaffi realizes the jig is up. #
- Rapidly & heavily attacking unarmed, peaceful protesters against authoritarianism, Qaddaffi's losing evilly reinforces violence as solution. #
- BDS in Australia : Fear And Loathing In Marrickville By Samah Sabawi & Sonja Karkar http://t.co/wcWWDkq..... Israel is sick in the head & heart. #
- Ripping Obama for: "our deepest condolences for the deaths of Palestinian civilians in Gaza" but not for the hypocrisy? http://bit.ly/ika3oa..... #
- The UN Security Council needs immediately to ban depleted uranium in all UN "Responsibility to Protect" operations! #
- Do the Libyan revolutionaries have the ability to obtain and use Geiger counters? They need to measure all around destroyed tanks, etc.! #
- If the US & other forces have used radiological weapons, such as depleted uranium, in Libya, they'll need to get in there & clean it up! #
- Disgusting: Indian, Chinese, Saudi... Land Grabbing In Ethiopia. http://t.co/XXxGQWV..... Also see my comment http://t.co/W3aeNTL..... #
Powered by Twitter Tools
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)