- Twitter Digest: March 27, 2011 http://j.mp/h7RFks..... via @AddToAny #
- NATO won't do a no-fly zone over the West Bank or Gaza. Israel has nuclear weapons, the stealthy means to deliver them, & a Masada complex. #
- Avigdor Lieberman wants Syria & Iran treated as Qaddaffi. That's easy for a nuclear-weapons state to say. http://bit.ly/dZn9JL..... #
- Sarkozy warns Arab [anti-democratic] rulers about Libya [RtoP] precedent http://bit.ly/gtmLdo..... He's more measured than Avigdor Lieberman. #
- Microsoft Shuts off [says it was a bug they've fixed] HTTPS in Hotmail for Over a Dozen Countries http://bit.ly/fXRINf..... #
- http://countercurrents.org/..... : Obama's War On Libya Unconstitutional By Michael Boldin http://ff.im/zRhEN..... #
- http://countercurrents.org/..... : Land Grabs: What's In The Contracts? And An Indian Land Grab In Ethiopia By Duncan Green http://ff.im/zRhEO..... #
- Qaddaffi to Chad's President, Idriss Deby, lie for me, bro. http://bit.ly/gXQZJU..... #
- US Jesuits will pay $166.1 million to 500 victims in 5 states for sexual, psychological abuse. Some were as young as 8 (probably younger). #
- Militant Libyans who knew Qaddaffi would be violent rode in on waves of much less violent (nearly non-violent) protesters in Tunisia & Egypt. #
- SWAT evil! Maricopa County, Arizona, Sheriff Joe Arpaio: 'If I have to use a SWAT team, I am going to use a SWAT team." http://bit.ly/hAn6oN..... #
- SWAT evil! Maricopa County, Arizona, Sheriff Joe Arpaio: "If I have to u... (YouTube # )
- Shady [if true, that's putting it mildly] Dealings Helped [kleptocrat] Qaddafi [family] Build Fortune and Regime http://nyti.ms/hVhQG6..... Libya #
- 2 [gangster] Qaddafis Fought Over Business [Coca-Cola bottling company], [@WikiLeaks] Cables Show http://nyti.ms/epo6Px..... # #WikiLeaks #
- Zionism, Anti-Semitism, Jewishness, and the Holocaust Industry: Report Says Assange Cited Jewish Conspiracy - NYTimes.com http://j.mp/gHgMQO..... #
- 99%? Hardly. Alex Jones is wrong on first-principles. How off-point/losing is that?: RT @HipHopCSS: "LOSER Alex is onpoint 99% of the time" #
- "Muatassim [Qaddaffi], ...demanded $1.2 billion in 2008 from...Libya's national oil corporation, reportedly to establish his own militia." #
- "Khamis [Qaddaffi], commander of a special-forces group that 'effectively serves as a regime protection unit.'" http://nyti.ms/hym1wa..... #
- The FDA is dishonest business: "money grab: replacing old tried and true drugs, with monopoly priced prescription[s]" http://bit.ly/evUt4X..... #
- RT @GreeGreece: Desperate Assad tries to blunt uprising with new promises of reform http://tinyurl.com/4h8afrb..... #
- Double-dip: Gas & food prices spike; real estate slumps; construction falls; & government doesn't hire, re-regulate, & soak the rich. #
- "How Is...Central...Planning...Federal Reserve Does Different From...Planning That Communist China Does?" The Chinese do it better? #
- A world safe for democracy and safe for laissez-faire capitalism can't exist as one. #
- Aren't pacifists, will shoot you if you take "their property," & never met a humanitarian military-mission they didn't hate. Who are they? #
- Al Jazeera showed Iraqi videos as Yemeni, wasn't at Parliamentary vote, & issued false reports re/ numerous defections? #
- Mercenaries 'loot, rape, kill' in Ivory Coast http://bit.ly/gZATd2..... #
- Crisis caused by most reckless avaricious bankers private sector ever produced, not teachers, nurses, & firefighters http://bit.ly/eGAt50..... #
- "Saving not necessary prior to investment" is one of the hardest things to get through thick skulls! http://bit.ly/gFvJaC..... #
- "...left can look at Germany and note the interventionist approach...state owned development bank whilst the right...." http://bit.ly/gxtB0n..... #
- "...given such large losses and red faces we really should now be living in a post-neoclassical world. Yet we are not." http://bit.ly/iiv9pf..... #
- "...over-exposed to...minor US congressmen...under-exposed to...the people who actually control Europe." http://bbc.in/gkAReQ..... #
- Taibbi was out of his depth: "The Ultimate 9/11 'Truth' Showdown: David Ray Griffin vs. Matt Taibbi" http://bit.ly/fQJ2XR..... #
- All those people hanging around those blown-up tanks, etc., should be warned ... (YouTube http://youtu.be/OIZOlISsfFU?a.....) #
- Most important words: "Rather than stand down, his forces continued their advance...." Obama Speech on Libya (full text) #
- Some people say religion is dying. Some say the world is going to Hell. Is there a positive correlation, like smoking tobacco & lung cancer? #
- Hey, Tea Party, let's get rid of Obamacare & kill Violet. You know you hate her:... http://ff.im/zZJ66..... #
- "Facebook Linked to Narcissism?" Well, of course it is but not for everyone. Some are there solely to network for goodness' sake. #
- US Supreme Court cowardly not to hear Troy Davis case: "Davis' new evidence casts...doubt on his conviction" http://bit.ly/evivlD..... #
- If Obama doesn't give Miranda Rights to domestic-terrorism suspects, he should lose cases on technical grounds. http://on.wsj.com/enyv2x..... #
- Global-warming denial isn't so much anti-science as it is anti-leftist. Money winks. #
- The largest lender to the US gov. is Americans. We own 42.1% of the national debt in the form of Treasury bills. #
- Quick read: "Urgent leak investigation needed." Glenn Greenwald can say gotcha to the US government. http://bit.ly/gjsoP0..... #
- The "richest 20 percent hold 84 percent of the wealth" in the US. http://bit.ly/f5fUOt..... There really shouldn't be a "richest" percentage. #
- Why don't Democratic politicians out do FDR on the economy & unemployment? Ans: The love of money before, during, & after their elections! #
- Generally, cutting the deficit, taxes on the rich & corporations, wages & benefits, & regulations will not create jobs. http://bit.ly/h8z4xD..... #
- Apparently, the only thing that will cure the people of laissez-faire capitalism is a double-dip severely exacerbated by deficit-hawk cuts. #
- GE made $14.2 billion, paid no taxes, got $3.2 billion in tax credits, & wants 15,000 unionized employees to take cuts. http://bit.ly/fodXJU..... #
- Is there a Society for the Protection of Union Members? They're an endangered species. Maybe we should just go for full-blown socialism. #
- $38 billion from Qaddaffi-asset freezing? RT @BlackListedNews: "Libyan Rebels Have Already Established A New Central Bank Of Libya" #
- RT @PomedWire: Syria: President Assad's Cabinet Resigns — #
- RT @freegazaorg: "Swiss President announces plans to break Gaza siege | Window Into Palestine" http://twitthis.com/2nm482..... #
- RT @PomedWire: Bahrain: Parliament Accepts Resignation of Shiite Opposition Members #
Powered by Twitter Tools
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)