- Twitter Digest: March 29, 2011 http://j.mp/i64JVv..... via @AddToAny #
- Must Read: Greed Syndrome Must Be Cured, Special Report: Japan Knew Tsunami / Nuclear http://j.mp/g17tXC..... #
- Don't be stupid. Be smart. Fund geothermal, solar, wind, & tidal & decommission oil, gas, coal, and nuclear. #
- Oh, there's no doubt the US and its allies are going to arm the Libyan revolutionaries because stupidly the Qaddaffis have failed to heed. #
- "rebels deny...al Qaeda links...promised free and fair elections if Qaddaffi is forced from power." Multi-party democracy is anti-al Qaeda. #
- "Transitional National Council of the Libyan Republic" is not al Qaeda. Sketchy but: "A vision of a democratic Libya" http://bit.ly/ieCGh2..... #
- So many political commentators complain that Obama is vague, but they don't do much to pin him down. #
- So many political commentators complain that Obama is vague, but they don't ask the right questions and they give up too easily. #
- Ask him until he answers: Mr. Obama, where's the line drawn on the who, what, where, why, & when of the UN's "Responsibility to Protect"? #
- Indiana's Republican school-voucher plan is a stealthy tax-cuts-for-the-rich/privatization-scheme to end in worse education for the poor. #
- Wal-Mart v. Dukes, Scalia: Store managers on their own or told what to do? Ans: They're told they're on their own except for unionization... #
- The Facebook page "Third Palestinian Intifada," w/ 350,000 fans, was taken down. The page's creators/commentators had called for violence. #
- 56 dead, 98 wounded, 15 executed (shot in the head), Tikrit, Iraq. Ended w/ the 8 or 9 attackers blowing themselves up as suicide bombers. #
- The Daily Beast says Harry Reid was wrong: "I don't know how anyone of Hispanic heritage could be a Republican." That was no gaffe. #
- Donald Trump, Barack Obama has had a Passport. The US State Department should still have his "certified" birth certificate for it. #
- In Connick v. Thompson, the "conservative" US Supreme Court justices protected the corrupt government against the innocent Black man. #
- "Court: Exonerated inmate doesn't get $14 million" #
- RT @intifada2 MEMO to the Brave Nations Uniting to Defend Civilians in Libya... http://bit.ly/eC7Dl9..... Gaza Freedom Flotilla, Palestine #
- I oppose both the Zionists' ethnic cleansing of Palestine & ethnic bigotry against Jews. @TimBurt: "Stop anti-Semitism and support Israel." #
- I liked a YouTube video — Inside Story: UK march for an alternative #
- I liked a YouTube video — Tensions rise over Bahrain 'land grab' #
- There was a regime loaded with powerful families Qaddaffi helped overthrow. Th... (YouTube # )
- Yemen's Saleh has retracted all of his allegedly proposed concessions and now vows to stay in office until his term is up in 2013. #
- Qaddaffi fights on; the US mishandles Bahrain, Yemen, & Palestine; so, Syria's Assad reconsiders & goes mum on reforms. Global leadership? #
- Israel amends Citizenship Act against Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness... http://ff.im/A66D9..... #
- I liked a YouTube video — 500,000 March in London Protesting Public Spending Cuts and ... http://youtu.be/uiABOKrSltA?a..... #
- Death-Row prisoner Troy Davis' sister, Martina Correia, appalled by US Supreme Court ruling... http://ff.im/A6G4M..... #
- I liked a YouTube video — Florida Governor Orders MANDATORY Drug Testing By Executive ... #
- I liked a YouTube video — Japanese Govt Admits To Meltdown At Nuclear Power Plant #
- I liked a YouTube video — It's Time For Millionaires & Billionaires To Pay Their Fair ... #
- Libya: Qaddaffi-Backing, Right-Wing Socialism Versus the Christian Commons http://j.mp/iguf52..... via @AddToAny #
- @TimBurt: "There is NO ethnic cleansing..." Zionists have conducted ethnic cleansing. Do you also allege there aren't illegal "settlements"? #
- Libya: TIME Magazine journalist missed the point regarding Qaddaffi's confusion: "Bany did, however, tie himsel... (cont) #
- @avinunu Ali, check out what Tim Burt tweeted to me: @TimBurt: "@TomUsher There is NO ethnic cleansing of Pal... (cont) #
- "New technology makes hydrogen more viable car fuel" http://reut.rs/ftox6U..... Charging electric cars from home solar/wind is great though. #
- The US is well aware of all of this and is working NOT TO arm, fund, train, or (@YouTube http://youtu.be/1AubBU12uu0?a.....) #
- It's also wrong to claim that everyone who went to Iraq to fight the US was (@YouTube http://youtu.be/1AubBU12uu0?a.....) #
- The litigious (not recommended) would sue Google & might prevail. Using leg (@YouTube http://youtu.be/sieMkGRcxuU?a.....) #
- Updated due to Google / YouTube censorship: "Holocaust, Hate Speech & Were the Germans so Stupid?" http://j.mp/hoemh1..... #
- "Soldier, 92, breaks silence over Auschwitz" I felt dÃ©jÃ vu. Would he take independent lie-detector tests? http://reut.rs/f8F1yo..... #
- Brain scans of conduct disorder show behavior beyond imitation. Wrong. Exposure/abuse/imitation also change the brain. http://reut.rs/fDwokr..... #
- Offshore-oil leaks, nuclear meltdowns, toxic coal-slurry-pond breaks, mining disasters, etc., scream: Geothermal, wind, solar, hydrogen...! #
- Obama's New Energy Policy: Complete cave-in; utter failure of imagination & can-do. Cutting oil imports by only 1/3 in 10 yrs is pathetic. #
- Factor in the cost of converting all spent nuclear fuel to dry-cask storage and how would the total cost of nuclear compare to solar then? #
- Tea Party: Why do you falsely believe the US has to run the economy as a household that can't create its own money? United States Notes! #
- "Australia school bans homosexuality cure seminar." I'm confused. I thought Roman Catholicism is anti-homosexuality. Why the ban? #
- Censored-video embed restored via Vimeo (see end of post): "Holocaust, Hate Speech & Were the Germans so Stupid?" http://j.mp/hoemh1..... #
- Republicans want a Balanced-Budget Amendment (again). That's a waste of time & energy. Nationalize the Fed, and Issue United States Notes! #
- Tea Partiers are ignorant. Not the poor or unions but bank deregulation & tax cuts for the rich caused the crash & fiscal pressures. #
- Oh, please! Warren Buffett is one of the three (known) riches men. Did you really think he's ethical? Ethical by whose standard? #
- Libya & the US action: Rice then Clinton were definitely about Rwanda, not oil. Gates wanted nothing to do with it — old-school/Bush I. #
- Sarkozy isn't being Napoleon IV, that authoritarian, or striving for French Empire. He wants Europe on the right side of the Arab uprisings. #
- From a purely crass standpoint, Sarkozy is in error. Turkey in the EU makes huge political, military, & economic sense for Europe. #
Powered by Twitter Tools
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)