- Twitter Digest: April 5, 2011 http://j.mp/fvRS38..... #
- It is calculating: "How France won the hearts of the Arab Street" http://t.co/M5e6AKm..... #
- I like the clever ending. RT @AnnieMachon "If you've done nothing wrong, you have nothing to hide...." http://bit.ly/hsx8Zs..... #
- Let's make the US wake up. It can benefit more by allowing the people of Libya & elsewhere to have a real say. http://bit.ly/fVo5ME..... #
- Palestine: How strong is the correlation between support for Apartheid South Africa and support for the Zionist Project? #
- Goldstone didn't judge whether Israel attacked to stop rockets. There was a 5-month lull & no rockets for a month before Israel invaded. #
- Wikipedia/Zionist claims: "List of Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel, 2008" There was no proof about the "tunnel." http://bit.ly/fnITBM..... #
- Cuba? Cuba has been under economic and trade sanctions for decades. If those ha (@YouTube http://youtu.be/UIeLgzWDekI?a.....) #
- Wayne Root says the US has been the greatest nation for 200 years. Military Key (@YouTube http://youtu.be/UIeLgzWDekI?a.....) #
- A very solid critique: "Holder, Obama and the Cowardly Shame of GuantÃ¡namo and the 9/11 Trial" | Andy Worthington http://bit.ly/g4ipDQ..... #
- Right On! "Holder, Obama and the Cowardly Shame of GuantÃ¡namo and the 9/11 Trial" | Andy Worthington http://j.mp/i8EpBC..... #
- I'm not seeing anyone's Tweets on Friendfeed (since Monday?). Is Twitter blocking Friendfeed, or is it just a... http://ff.im/Aw7RP..... #
- Wayne Root says the US has been the greatest nation for 200 years. Military K... (YouTube http://youtu.be/UIeLgzWDekI?a.....) #
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/1hgX6w4U-2o?a..... Zeitgeist Refuted Final Cut (Full Movie) #
That's a very interesting way of putting it.
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/gYVH_SuOec4?a..... Mordechai Vanunu Addresses Israel's Intent RE: Solitary Confine #
- I liked a YouTube video — Zeitgeist Refuted Final Cut (Full Movie) http://youtu.be/1hgX6w4U-2o?a..... #
- I favorited a YouTube video — Zeitgeist Refuted Final Cut (Full Movie) http://youtu.be/1hgX6w4U-2o?a..... #
That's a very interesting way of putting it.
- I liked a YouTube video — Mordechai Vanunu Addresses Israel's Intent RE: Solitary Conf... http://youtu.be/gYVH_SuOec4?a..... #
- Jesus-Myth: Ananda Marga, PROUT, Zeitgeist, Shiva v. Christian Commons http://j.mp/eayTpE..... #
- The private firms buy the "state." Is that the fault of the principle (@YouTube http://youtu.be/UIeLgzWDekI?a.....) #
- Why do people need capitalism in a non-capitalist-free society? That's the (@YouTube http://youtu.be/UIeLgzWDekI?a.....) #
- Has Donald Trump lost more marbles? "I'm only interested in Libya if we get the oil," he said. He's an honest Dick Cheney & twice as dumb. #
- "insurgent groups like al Qaeda were evident...when gunmen...[killed] close to 60 people." Does that mean al Qaeda or like al Qaeda? Tricky! #
- John Avlon at The Daily Beast actually said Keith Olbermann & Glenn Beck were ideological extremes of left and right. Wow, is he sheltered. #
- The private firms buy the "state." Is that the fault of the princip... (YouTube http://youtu.be/UIeLgzWDekI?a.....) #
- 10 children murdered, 18 wounded in Brazil by 24-yr-old allegedly w/ AIDS who committed suicide. Why murder children & make things worse? #
- Highway fossil-fuel & particulate pollution damages mice brains — memory loss.... Where are the electric & hydrogen cars, trucks, & busses? #
- Radioactive seafood is Hell for Japan. It's insane the world hasn't declared war on nuclear, oil, gas, & coal. They're killing the world. #
- 35,000 murdered in Mexico's drug violence in 4 years, but FBI Director Mueller says he "would not call it a full-scale war." Should it be? #
- Should drugs be legalized & controlled? Would it increase or decrease use? It would reduce the murders & defund the pathological killers. #
- Serpent drug cartels are murdering about 1,000 people a month in Mexico. Who's laundering the drug cartels' money? Where are they banking? #
- Don't tell me the drug cartel's money isn't traceable. Don't tell me you don't know who they are or can't break into their wire transfers. #
- Greece, Ireland, & Portugal have ignored Iceland's demonstration that a total cave in to neoliberal predators is not necessary. Kickbacks? #
- On political prisoners (Ai Weiwei, et al.), the US gave China America's jobs. Shut up about multi-party democracy, etc., & buy their stuff. #
- Chinese activist Zhao Lianhai: "As to how we will be handled after we have voiced these criticisms, this is something we can't consider." #
- English transcript of Chinese activist Zhao Lianhai's video: "We will not be silent." http://t.co/6tlQuOL..... #
- "Hamas...violence against media...will only erode its own legitimacy—both domestically and internationally." http://bit.ly/feUBGL..... #
- "it is not world socialism to be feared. It is...world fascism that we must recognize and confront" CHINA SYNDROME http://t.co/ARSCT37..... #
- "... the Democratic Party itself is, at its heart, a business party. That's why the White House is so standoff... (cont) #
- RT @wearewideawake: "@TomUsher ...please HELP me understand how to utilize TWITTER most effectively" If you... (cont) #
- House bill bans EPA greenhouse-gas regulating. "Dirty Air Act"? No, Hot Air Act! You know: Global Warming & Republicans are full of.... #
- "Insider trading bust: Trader-attorney duo made over $32 million" Bet they weren't socialists. #
- Energy Secretary Chu says use nuclear until alternatives are competitive. Shilling! The more we invest now, the sooner they'll be cheaper. #
- Don't be stupid. Don't fund new nuclear-energy plants. Fund clean, sustainable alternatives: No oil, gas, coal, or nuclear. #
- Self-fulfilling stupidity: Energy Secretary Chu says not too many clean alternatives will be competitive with fossil fuels within a decade. #
- Paul Ryan (R-WI), chairman, House Budget Committee, will you wake up? "...12% of Americans would...decrease...Medicare." Pew Research #
- Speaking as a moron, we need better teachers so pay them less and teach to the test. #
- "Hawaii appeals court rejects 'birther' appeal" Oh, for Pete's sake, Obama, will you just show the damn thing to shut these people up! #
- No military commission for self-admitted terrorist Luis Posada Carriles because he was a terrorist for the CIA & retracted his confession? #
- The right to collectively bargain is recognized through international human rights conventions. Article 23 o... (cont) #
- If free-trade agreements are helpful, why do free-trade capitalists say socialist countries inherently fail but put trade sanctions on them? #
- The Pentagon is afraid to let US Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) meet privately with Bradley Manning to determine if Manning is being abused. #
- RT @avinunu: Israel claiming "Iron Dome" shot down 5th Grad missile! lies to try to sell bogus system. http://... (cont) #
- Canada is being anti-civil liberties toward the Roman Catholic Church & people who freely choose to be members & adhere. http://t.co/Yo4UTHS..... #
- Stupid Neocons fund the Pentagon but starve the children and trash the kindergarten teachers. Do you want to eat? Kill for Empire. #
- Republicans whine about troops not being paid but want to gut unemployment for workers and families trashed by the bankster-caused crash. #
- Have you noticed that the "non-lethal weapons" of the police are sadistic rather than tranquilizing? Where's the vaunted science? #
- "The recurring theme is monsters, demons and aliens. A lot of them had suicidal thoughts." This is not your gr... (cont) #
- http://j.mp/f9cl2G..... America: Land Of Part-Time Job: Companies To Part-Time Only Policy #
- RT @edwardvirtually: nyt mentioning israeli attack incited bus bombing "Israel fought a three-week offensiv... (cont) #
- Wal-Mart — It's Alive! http://t.co/miobZm4..... via @theprospect Yes, but you might also realize you were a zygote & be reverent about it. #
- Pressure creditor nations to expand & lend rather than debtor nations to contract: "Who adjusts, debtors or creditors?" http://t.co/f6JSTzM..... #
- 46% Mississippi Republicans Want Interracial Marriage Ban # Correlation Palin & Apartheid Israel? Incest far behind?
- "Where now for the Goldstone report? Posted by "John Dugard - 06 April 2011 09:47" "In short, there are no ne... (cont) #
- http://j.mp/f2BsgZ..... LOL ending: "The President is a Muslim and I Have Proof" #
- RT @ThatGirlCA: Corporations = people. A woman's uterus is the state's. (via @blackmagpie69) Therefore, a corporation is a penis. #
- Birgitta Jonsdottir: Why I said NO to Icesave http://networkedblogs.com/gtyi.....y #
- "...undergraduate philosophy majors have the highest average scores on the standard tests used for admissio... (cont) #
- "There was simply no room in our household for both Jesus Christ and my father's one true love: Ayn Rand." Sh... (cont) #
- "...if you made them [nuclear-energy industry] bear those costs, if we didn't give them that free ride of limi... (cont) #
- "...there is one thing that money doesn't seem to have bought: an understanding that their fate is bound up wi... (cont) #
- Holy Spirit, please help David Brooks, who thinks Paul Ryan, the Ayn Rand/Koch Brothers-loving sociopath Repub... (cont) #
- I'm sick of the rich. They are taking more and more and leaving less and less. They take without conscience... (cont) #
- Hoovervilles, Obamavilles, same-same: With shelters full, homeless family sent to woods instead, Paducah KY http://t.co/jpBVngP..... #
- Oh, this is right on! I never understood why anyone thought Milton Friedman was smart. He always struck me a... (cont) #
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/65ubRX1hMVU?a..... Pleased with Draconian Cuts to Gov't, MN Billionaires Thank Leg #
- "Though innocent civilians were killed during the "Collateral Murder" incident, ... weapons were found on som... (cont) #
- "If Obama (A Democrat) Does 'it' we simply won't cover it?! And, what do 'you' say?" True. http://j.mp/hpXtRN..... But, Qaddaffi instigated it. #
- Gandhi had a German-Jewish bodybuilder lover? "Outrage over reviews of new Gandhi book - The Times of India.... (cont) #
- @GreeGreece You read a great deal of news. Did you ever see anything credible that the Iraqi's were armed during "Collateral Murder"? #
- @GreeGreece I was thinking the same thing, and just because it was a war zone doesn't mean all armed Iraqis were hunting Americans. Thanks. #
- @GreeGreece: "There is this... http://is.gd/1hCcs2"..... When digging three layers in, the underlying gif triggere... (cont) #
Powered by Twitter Tools
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)