- Twitter Digest: April 11, 2011 http://j.mp/g5gyeX..... via @AddToAny #
- My take on takes on: "Great Soul," by Joseph Lelyveld: "Gandhi left his wife for a Jewish bodybuilder" http://j.mp/euA9nQ..... #
- If you understand Arabic, watch this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....99d7SVgyQU #
- There is no way a stalmate can occur in Libya if Qaddaffi's forces keep losing tank after tank & "rebels" keep getting more weapons, etc. #
- Either you enforce the "Responsibility to Protect," including on the ground, or you don't do anything anywhere internal to any nation-state. #
- You can't pick & choose when to use the RtoP. If the UNSC is the world cop, then protect regardless of wealth, power, control, & ethnicity. #
- If the UNSC isn't the world cop, stop firing on Qaddaffi's forces. In other words, make up your minds. Be consistent one way or the other. #
- The French have turned over a leaf. Is it new? They've stepped into CÃ´te d'Ivoire on the ground. They want to do that in Libya. To what end? #
- Now that the Gulf Cooperation Council has said Saleh must go, he can't possibly survive in power against that and the US/UN. Wake up, Saleh! #
- No-fly Gaza is proper, but Hamas must be willing to take hits without retaliating. It will then gain the undeniable moral upper-hand. #
- RT @edwardvirtually: "@TomUsher they've tried that repeatedly, sometimes for a year at a time. just makes thei... (cont) #
- RT @edwardvirtually: "@TomUsher you're more of an optimist than i. people knowing about it and being able t... (cont) #
- RT @edwardvirtually: "@TomUsher those in power in the us universally support israel. thus we are never goin... (cont) #
- RT @edwardvirtually: "@TomUsher may you be right." I am, if enough people will believe it. You need to get o... (cont) #
- RT @edwardvirtually: "@TomUsher i forward info about the situation and i will continue to. i'm a cynic from ex... (cont) #
- The deeper the governmental spending cuts during this L-shaped depression, the worse things will get. The Tea Party will be to blame. #
- RT @edwardvirtually: "@TomUsher if you think the Zionist love me, you obviously haven't seen some of their twe... (cont) #
- If Barack Obama had enough brains, he'd change to debate to raising taxes on the ultra-rich. He loves bein... (cont) #
- "Ryan's plan has been praised for its boldness. Even some who vehemently disagree with the specifics have cred... (cont) #
- Deregulation of the banking sector coupled with tax cuts for the rich exactly correlate with the crash. Reverse both, and things improve. #
- "Hillary...says...arrest of...Gbagbo sends a strong signal to dictators...about...consequences of ignoring the people's will." Not the UNSC? #
- Richard Fineberg, a pipeline analyst with Ester, Alaska-based Research Associates: "With the cost, energy an... (cont) #
- RT @edwardvirtually: "@TomUsher the difference is in our level of optimism. which as i said doesn't matter. sp... (cont) #
- RT @GreeGreece: "Hey, birthers, this looks pretty convincing I put that on my blog back when. I buy it. Drag Trump in. #
- Donald, You're Fired! Trump repeats false claims about Obama's birthplace. http://factcheck.org/2011/04/d.....ure-fired/ He wasn't hired. #
- Birther Donald Trump, You're Not Hired! President Barack Obama, You're Still Fired! http://j.mp/hY3ifm..... via @AddToAny #
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/PNbzM9BeqYc?a..... US States creating their own banks-On the Edge with Max Keiser- #
- Stacy Herbert did a particularly effective job in this segment. Unionists and l (@YouTube http://youtu.be/KLdwzcA9ZdM?a.....) #
- I favorited a YouTube video — Keiser Report: Food Stamp Army (E134) http://youtu.be/KLdwzcA9ZdM?a..... #
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/1zMv4Offm_8?a..... Keiser Report: Virtual Pigs Eat Dirty Cash (E135 ft. Alex Jones #
- I favorited a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/3cD5LjKlG-o?a..... Saudi sacrilege-News Analysis-04-10-2011-(Part1) #
- Terror Attack: Deadly metro blast shocks Belarus capital Minsk http://t.co/UKN887q..... via @youtube #
- I truly hope NATO isn't lying. "Silent Killer: NATO denies depleted uranium bombs blasted Libya" http://t.co/n8hT2LD..... via @youtube #
- I truly hope NATO isn't lying. Journalists in Libya should be given proper (@YouTube http://youtu.be/WDrBh-qMOGY?a.....) #
- The Egyptian military is being stupid. "Arrest of Egyptian bloggers provokes doubt" http://t.co/HL8HswD..... via @youtube #
- Obama is right. Bush's tax cuts for the rich = stupid. You don't hear him give solutions: Nationalize the Fed, & issue United States Notes. #
- Nationalize the Federal Reserve, issue interest-and-tax free United States Notes, and pay off the National Debt right now. #
- Barack Obama said, "Nobody is an environmentalist until you get sick." Then he's not sick. Either way, he's wrong. #
- Fracking: Toxic spills, site explosions, carcinogenic water, huge CO2 releases, unknown seismic risks, distractions from clean sustainables. #
- Jonathan Tasini, if bloggers knew HuffPo wouldn't pay but you force them to pay, then I want money from everywhere I've written. Fair? #
- UNSC members have the legal duty by any means necessary unilaterally to enforce UNSC resolutions. UK/France, is Qaddaffi violating? Peace. #
- UK/France, is Qaddaffi violating the UNSC resolutions? Why pick and choose which laws to enforce and against whom? #
- Too little, too late: "California utilities and other electricity providers have until the end of 2020 to dra... (cont) #
- People who think oil, coal, & gas are cheaper don't factor in the "externalities." I factor in all the cost... (cont) #
- BrightSource is Zionist. The company should have been 100% Californian. "On Monday, Chu announced a $1.6 billi... (cont) #
- Hillary Clinton didn't tell the Egyptian Military that by cracking down, it can quickly lose its handout from strapped American taxpayers. #
- Barack Obama & Hillary Clinton haven't told dictator Ali Abdullah Saleh to leave Yemen. Their failure helps al Qaeda to recruit. #
- Obama & Clinton haven't even called on Syria's dictator Bashar Assad to allow multi-party, "free-and-fair" democracy or step down now. #
- W/o nationalizing the Fed or issuing United States Notes, the historically low marginal tax-rates for the rich will cause greater problems. #
- AP article doesn't say North Dakota style state bank for 5 most populated US states. # Research: "Bank of North Dakota"
- Overview this whole site. I did. Each US state should implement its own State Bank modeled on the "Bank of North Dakota": http://j.mp/da1nxJ..... #
- It's not the end-all-be-all, but it's a far cry better than the current mess where the Fed completely ignore... (cont) #
- "The Pentagon says the president's goal to slash another $400 billion from defense spending over the next 12 years...." That's slashing? Ha! #
- "According to Obama administration figures, just over $3 trillion of the $14.27 trillion debt can be attribute... (cont) #
- If I were doing to neighbors what Qaddaffi is doing to civilians, King County Sheriff Deputies would be called to stop me under their RtoP. #
- AZ Senate passed bill requiring presidential candidates prove born US citizens — claim no proof Obama born citizen, but: http://j.mp/hfLy29..... #
- Crime is caused by hardening hearts, lessened by softening hearts. The US & its prison industry harden — not designed to rehabilitate. #
- Anti-litigious? Republican Medicare/tort reform is the poor can't sue the malpracticing rich for full pain & suffering & punitive damages. #
- Syria: "Assad blames the violence on a foreign conspiracy and armed gangs rather than true reform-seekers." His forces are the armed gangs. #
- This video is generating tough commentary. The world doesn't need scanning & frisking. It needs the truth: #
- "Martin Macpherson, the director of the London-based Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers, said he i... (cont) #
- AP propaganda: "Somalia has been mired in violence since 1991." The Islamic Courts Union had brought much of Somalia to relative peace. #
- RT @GreeGreece: Stagnant Wages, Rising Inequality
By: Ethan Pollack http://is.gd/OrC3ub..... (It's the capitalis... (cont) #
- Re: http://www.tweetdeck.com/twitt.....ece/~QMVhP http://ff.im/B6aoz..... #
- "Nonviolence is dangerous for the occupation. How do I know? Between April 2010 and now, I have been arreste... (cont) #
- Tweeted and shared on Facebook and my blog. (@YouTube http://youtu.be/0I-wFyQg32Y?a.....) #
- Apartheid Israel: http://youtu.be/0I-wFyQg32Y..... #
- It doesn't take months to learn to fire an anti-tank weapon. The learning curve is not why Libyan revolutionaries haven't been thusly armed. #
- "Qaddafi forces are shelling the port and sniping innocent people in the city of Misrata," Libya http://j.mp/gkDZgT..... #
- "Qaddafi forces are shelling the port and sniping innocent people in the city of Misrata," Libya. Either th... (cont) #
- I favorited a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/vPvwj6t_B_Q?a..... road map to Isreali apartheid #
- @edwardvirtually http://youtu.be/vPvwj6t_B_Q..... One of these is gone. Mark my words. Both will be. Peace! #
- I like this comment: "Okay I'm anti-war and everything, but for most of human history, we had war without tel... (cont) #
- Pro-war "liberals" aren't talking about consistency in the RtoP. Recognition of the importance of consistency comes before consistent peace. #
- Pro-war "liberals" aren't talking about consistency in the RtoP. (@YouTube http://youtu.be/D5wW49M_kyw?a.....) #
- "There is nothing in international law that supports Israel's four-year-long blockade of Gaza or its attack... (cont) #
- Where did the current round of violence between the Zionist-Israelis and Gazans begin?
"On 16 March the Israe... (cont) #
- On: "Libya intervention: A legitimate and necessary debate from an anti-imperialist perspective," by Gilbert Achcar http://j.mp/fmNbfN..... #
- "The Obama Disaster, at Home and Abroad: A Black Agenda Radio commentary," by Glen Ford http://j.mp/h89Wrc..... I too had said he was a phony. #
- @edwardvirtually @GreeGreece "South Africa: Victory for BDS campaign as university cuts Israel ties, Universit... (cont) #
- RT @edwardvirtually: "@TomUsher http://tinyurl.com/3obdeuj&quo.....t; They're a bunch of cowards. It's non-binding. They know it won't fly at the UN. #
- The US Senate is ZOG: Zionist Occupied Government.
The UN isn't going to revoke the Goldstone Report. Israe... (cont) #
- Has Evo Morales reconstituted neoliberalism in Bolivia? "...no reasonable response to the Morales regime's com... (cont) #
- @edwardvirtually "American support for Palestinian state
"The American people seem to be getting it. Accordin... (cont) #
- Egyptian Army Shooting Civilians, Must be Accountability, Joint Human Rights Report, April 9 Attack, Tahrir Square http://j.mp/hIjwKu..... #
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/a5HoUfrD_PE?a..... Sovereign Debt Crisis Excuse to Re-fight Thatcher-Reagan Wars #
- Now, that's a man concerning whom picking his brain is likely not a waste o (@YouTube http://youtu.be/a5HoUfrD_PE?a.....) #
- Bailout a 'flawed plan' forced on Irish people: the_irish_times # from @
- The more I tell the truth, the more the lie-lovers fall away. #
- "75% of Americans oppose taxpayer-backed loans for nuclear power and favor increasing emphasis on renewable energy." — Greenpeace #
- Fiscal transparency or fiscal ignorance: The Electronic Government Fund #http://t.co/okXN8mY..... via @sunfoundation #
- Iceland Independence from International Banks http://j.mp/dQiMoz..... Austerity is unnecessary. Nationalize the Fed. Issue United States Notes. #
- Who has your back? Tell companies to stand with you when the government comes knocking. https://eff.org/r.33e via @eff #
- "Fewer than 46% of Americans have jobs." Many of the jobs are low-paying and part-time. I believe things are far worse now than in 1983. #
- <46% of Americans have jobs. http://www.rawstory.com/rs/201.....obs/print/ #
- There is no 'safe' exposure to radiation http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/o.....s.html.csp #
- "Israel is only a democracy if you are a Jew." — Mordechai Vanunu @wearewideawake #
- Egyptian military leader, Mohamed Hussein Tantawi, repent. http://bit.ly/gnfJ8k..... Obama, Clinton, America, stop funding that abusive military. #
- The Depleted Uranium Scandal http://bit.ly/e0exGT..... Geiger counters definitely register battlefield DU contamination. #
- Well, Qaddaffi wouldn't quit under UNSC RtoP, so now it's regime change for that violation. #
- Libya: "Human Rights Watch said it had evidence that Gaddafi's forces were firing cluster munitions into resid... (cont) #
- Don't be a Tea Party sucker. History shows that cutting gov. spending & taxes on the rich during a depression does not lead to recovery. #
- "...antibiotic-resistant bacteria in meats.... why they're resistant is directly related to antibiotic use in food animal production." #
- Right when antibiotic-resistant bacteria in meats is being reported, Republican Tea Partiers want to cut meat-inspection funding. #
- Returning to the Gold Standard is a terrible idea. It's an environmental mining/processing nightmare. The ric... (cont) #
- Libya: "...the state of the opposition is so grave that it could take years to organize, arm and train...." I'... (cont) #
- Libya: "There are "indications" that Qatar has begun to supply some easy-to-use weapons, including shoulder-fi... (cont) #
- More gold investing and a Gold Standard would bring more of this, not less: http://j.mp/gEwOkS..... #
- US Senate Investigations Subcommittee Releases Levin-Coburn Report On the Financial Crisis http://j.mp/fuo6JB..... via @AddToAny #
- Composition of the SDR's (Special Drawing Rights) basket of currencies: US dollar, euro, yen, and pound. #
- "The president also made clear he is no fan of Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), the GOP's Budget Committee chairman.
... (cont) #
- RT @GreeGreece: RT @CynthiaY29: Restricted Reading: South Carolina Jail Bans All Books Except for the Bible ... (cont) #
Powered by Twitter Tools
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)