- For every deficit-dollar, raise 2 in taxes on the superrich using the surplus to pay off the National Debt. Maybe they'll cut the military. #
- 78 percent oppose cutting spending on Medicare. #
- 72 percent support raising taxes on family incomes over $250,000. #
- @WordGuru There was nothing sick about the Christians who when to the lions rather than killing others. They were good and brave and true. #
- @WordGuru Jesus Christ went to the cross without fighting back. He didn't kill anyone for killing. His way is better then yours. #
- Don't listen to privatizers about Medicare and Social Security. They're the ones who started screwing up pensions back in the 1980's. #
- There's no doubt Donald Trump isn't an anarcho-capitalist. He once wisely said we should tax the ultra-rich to pay off the National Debt. #
- Mainstream news says US plurality approve same-sex marriage. It may only mean "doesn't block civil unions," not "approve" or "marriage." #
- They brought the gray wolf back to kill it. #
- http://j.mp/eqcn0u..... "Then and now: The Gulf a year after the oil spill." It still looks very unhealthy. #
- "Big Brothers: Thought Control at Koch" http://j.mp/ieUXSO..... People will be fired over political views and sue and win. #
- Libya: Why was Benghazi worth saving but Misurata is not? Concerning Misurata, how can the UN arbitrarily not enforce the UNSC resolutions? #
- Qaddaffi violates UNSC resolutions. Police tell neighbors to stop beating each other. If they don't, the polic... (cont) #
- "Is 10 years old too young for a sex change?" http://j.mp/gtHnQN..... That article doesn't ask the question: Has he been sexually abused? #
- I favorited a @YouTube video Tour de FORCE #
- http://j.mp/gu43RQ..... The rich have their think-tank minions commenting on Citizens United v. Federal Election Co... (cont) #
- @WordGuru The Christian men went to the lions with their wives and children. They did not fight and kill the Romans. Didn't you know that? #
- Hogwash: "Reason.tv: 3 Reasons Not to Sweat Citizens United - Big Government" http://j.mp/gb2kAZ..... via @AddToAny #
- @WordGuru You're wrong, of course. Jesus's teaching is to the whole world. Those who reject it will suffer whether secular or not. #
- The US has ID'd Qaddafi's supply lines to Misrata. Obama doesn't have an aversion to killing, but he hasn't blocked those supply lines. #
- Qaddaffi broke the UNSC resolution by attacking civilians. No-drive enforcement became a requirement; otherwise, the UNSC is unreliable. #
- "Huckabee criticizes Beck for 'progressive' claim" Mike Huckabee's a Zionist, not a Bircher, but less insane than Beck. #
- Will some multi-billionaire short gold at just the right time to double his money? Will he have had inside inf... (cont) #
- "Gary Nolan, director of a smokers' rights group, said he wouldn't be surprised if the CDC's prediction cam... (cont) #
- Robert "Redford describes Pebble as a disaster-in-the making. But the mining companies maintain they can devel... (cont) #
- "We are not happy about the latest events in Libya, which are pulling the international community into a confl... (cont) #
- Hand it to Syria's President Bashar al-Assad, he's vastly wiser than Qaddaffi. Will he though allow multi-party democracy & run or neither? #
- If Syria's Assad can keep peace, he'll have set the bar very high for other leaders throughout the Middle East, North Africa, & the world. #
- "The United States and other Western countries have expressed muted criticism [of Bahrain, but not Saudi Arabi... (cont) #
- "More than 100 nations have said they recognize Palestine as a state. But full U.N. membership would also requ... (cont) #
- @Angieforliberty I'm not an Obama fan; but still, have you read the following? http://factcheck.org/2011/04/d.....ure-fired/ #
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/4HJ54RRB7OU?a..... Mike Norman: 'US debt is a myth!' #
- I favorited a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/4HJ54RRB7OU?a..... Mike Norman: 'US debt is a myth!' #
- RT @GreeGreece: Mike Norman: 'US debt is a myth!' http://youtu.be/4HJ54RRB7OU..... Hey Tony, I "Liked" & "Favorited" it & subscribed to him. #
- @USABroke Who are you?
- There're tons of economic know-nothings running around like Chicken Little hoping little gold investments will save them rather than crash. #
- Don't make me laugh. "WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Muammar Gaddafi has consolidated his position in central and west... (cont) #
- Twitter accounts without a link to a real name or site or without a real bio & pop up to make idiotic comments will be immediately blocked. #
Powered by Twitter Tools
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)