- Twitter Digest: April 22, 2011 http://j.mp/f7PJsO..... via @AddToAny #
- @ thewaterwillcome
- @WordGuru It's a truly dull mind yours that argues Jesus didn't mean his message is for the world & that thos... (cont) #
- Syria's Assad lifts the Emergency Laws & vows to allow protests but has his security forces kill more than ever during the current uprising. #
- Dictator, Bashar Assad of Syria, turns out to be a Mass-Murdering Monster http://j.mp/hkznM5..... via @AddToAny #
- Anti-Zionism litmus test: Zionist candidates don't get your vote. US House: Israel Impunity for War Crimes: http://j.mp/hG2TNP..... Zionism=evil #
- Egypt: If ElBaradei is a tool of the Empire, why did he buck Bush-43 and is now suggesting a war-crimes probe of the Bush team's Iraq War? #
- "Many Pakistanis view Afghan Taliban as legitimate" & "do not agree...their gov...should be allowing America to attack them on their soil." #
- Libyan rebels are hypocrite US Sen. John McCain's heroes, but Palestinian freedom-fighters against Zionist land-theft are as dirt to him. #
- Terry Jones was blocked from demonstrating in front of the Dearborn Islamic Center. Dawud Walid of CAIR said Jones should have been allowed. #
- Offshore oil drilling isn't dead in spite of the BP disaster in the Gulf of Mexico because the oil industry is paying for false propaganda. #
- The BP disaster in the Gulf of Mexico is still much worse then you are being told. There was & is a cover-up about the damage & toxicity. #
- I favorited a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/lpdPJZMCWY4?a..... Mordechai Vanunu: The SPY for We the People #
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/lpdPJZMCWY4?a..... Mordechai Vanunu: The SPY for We the People #
- I'm still waiting for a Gaza Freedom Flotilla ship to be named the Mordecha (@YouTube http://youtu.be/lpdPJZMCWY4?a.....) #
- Some falsely allege supposed points are lost on me, though they've not said (@YouTube http://youtu.be/UIeLgzWDekI?a.....) #
- The FTC wants comments on its proposed agreement with Google, and EPIC wants your voice to be heard! http://t.co/UwGVVNL..... I did it. #
- Gaza Freedom Flotilla Renames Voyage "STAY HUMAN" in Honor of Vittorio Arrigoni #
- "Vittorio Arrigoni (4 February 1975 – 15 April 2011) was an Italian reporter, writer, pacifist and activist.[1... (cont) #
- "On 11 April 2011, a Gazan terrorist group named Tawhid wal-Jihad or Tawhid and Jihad (literally "monotheis... (cont) #
- RT @GreeGreece: RT @TomUsher: "The BP disaster in the Gulf of Mexico is still much worse then you are being told." Oops, not then but than.. #
- I liked a @YouTube video from @ http://youtu.be/4ITrXVJMKeQ?a..... Dr Helen Caldicott - Fukushima Nuclear Disaster- #
- I favorited a @YouTube video from @ http://youtu.be/4ITrXVJMKeQ?a..... Dr Helen Caldicott - Fukushima Nuclear Disas #
- Reuters is reporting that Yemen's Saleh allegedly has agreed to leave power for "immunity from prosecution for himself, family and aides." #
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/GipH-eZOz-o?a..... Heroes Villainized: FBI to investigate 9/11 first responders fo #
- Non-violent, Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) Movement Subjected to Zionist Disinformation-Campaign http://j.mp/gYUfqV..... #
- Eye Witness Reporting on Israel Palestine http://j.mp/hmmXoQ..... http://wearewideawake.org/imag.....an_map.jpg #
- The Global-Left: Libya: Revolution, Intervention and Crisis | Solidarity http://j.mp/gOWi71..... via @AddToAny #
- Right-wingers falsely think the UN Charter & UNSC RtoP are not the secular "supreme Law of the Land" per Article VI of the US Constitution. #
- Contrary to Zionist false-propaganda by Caroline Glick # RtoP is the supreme Law of the Land: Art. VI, US Constitution.
- Zionist Caroline Glick http://t.co/DLUxyPk..... is against RtoP because the UNSC should now block the Zionists from slaughtering Palestinians. #
- "The anti-anti-Qaddafi left seems to have a difficult time figuring out whether the outside agitators makin... (cont) #
- RT @GreeGreece: RT @EstherHawdon: Reading: "Charles Dickens and His Influence On Social Activists" http://twitthis.com/p7rif4..... Love him! #
- People Build a Movement Against Geoengineering. They screw up with offshore drilling, nuclear energy, GMO's... (cont) #
- University of Delaware Creates a Jesus Who Has "No Issue" with Killing Unborn Children http://t.co/C9OEA8J..... via @LiveActionFilms #
- "Your signature will send a message to the Obama administration that the public is still paying attention an... (cont) #
- RT @rjocean: "Saif Qaddafi and Me by Dani Rodrik - Project Syndicate http://t.co/3YdRLJ0..... via @ProSyn" Just tell them the right way to be. #
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/un1YeyZ4nkI?a..... Behind the Story: The White House Logs #
- "Palestinian officials & Israeli peace groups protest Israeli 'ad' of Subaru running over Palestinian teens" #
- "Israel currently has 124 Jewish-only settlements, 100 'outposts,' and 12 'neighborhoods' annexed to Jerusale... (cont) #
- "...a Monsanto executive admitted, 'If you put a label on genetically engineered food you might as well put ... (cont) #
- "Deer Hunting with Jesus: Dispatches from America's Class War" http://j.mp/gLakYW..... #
- Syria: "After Friday's carnage, it is no longer enough to condemn the violence," said Joe Stork, deputy Middl... (cont) #
- Sathya Sai Baba is dead. He pulled Rolex watches from his hair. Many thought it was a miracle when he'd do that. Check the serial numbers. #
- Why don't people learn to stop killing? #
- Last week, over 100 reportedly died in fighting between the government and rebels in Southern Sudan. Where's love? Where's peace? #
- RT @EconPop: "Great Recession...considerable decline in entrepreneurial activity in the United States." http://bit.ly/hjKD11..... #
- Is Nigeria going to break apart into a Muslim state and a Christian state? They're mass-killing each other. Will they stop or separate? #
Powered by Twitter Tools
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)