- Twitter Digest: April 25, 2011 http://j.mp/h9aFBY..... #
- A Little News of WikiLeaks http://j.mp/e07FPQ..... via @AddToAny #
- Secular Political-Economic Platform Planks http://j.mp/erDwsf..... via @AddToAny #
- I'd rather have a President who takes a principled stand against the superrich and sees it through to the end rather than caves in. #
- April 27, 1805, in the First Barbary War, American Marines and mercenaries captured Derna, "the shores of Tripoli." #
- Is the government of Mexico going to declare total war on the Zetas? Should drugs be legalized & regulated in the US to cut off the Zetas? #
- Obama just changed the sanctions on Libya so rebels can sell oil for weapons and ammo, etc. Little-by-little, the Qaddaffi-regime is dying. #
- Is there any doubt that Syria's Assad is following in Qaddaffi's footsteps? Is RtoP only selective? Assad is a universally illegal dictator. #
- Either apply RtoP always or never. #
- Certain negative critics of NATO v. Qaddaffi may back illegal-dictator impunity. World Peace will be great, but it'll take a global village. #
- Putin and Chavez are speaking stupidly about Qaddaffi. There is zero doubt Qaddaffi started it by illegally attacking unarmed civilians. #
- Let me give you the "new world rules" for "safety at nuclear plants." Shut them all down forever. Go 100% clean, sustainable alternatives. #
- Rebels can use oil money for weapons, Western military-trainers are on the ground, & experienced soldiers are at the rebel front...ticktock. #
- US Defense Secretary Gates is full of it. The US fought Germany & Japan at the same time. It can handle Afghanistan, Libya, & Syria. Geesh! #
- I'm not advocating attacking every illegal dictator who starts killing civilians. Just don't lie that it's beyond US-military capability. #
- There's zero doubt the US could park an aircraft carrier task force off Syria & hit Assad's tanks & such — even destroy Syria's military. #
- Why do we need Defense Secretary Bob Gates lying that the US couldn't make it all but impossible for Assad to cling to power? #
- Defense Secretary Bob Gates is against universal application of the RtoP. He knows that the US would have to apply it against the Zionists. #
- Syrian human-rights organization Sawasiah says that Assad has murdered at least 400 civilians since the recent protests began. #
- Brit. For. Sec. Hague & US Def. Sec. Gates spin Russia & China on Arab uprisings. Can Russia & China back the slaughter of civilians? No! #
- RT @GreeGreece: "I think Britain and Russia had something to do with defeating Hitler which the casualty figur... (cont) #
- RT @jawnita: "Still highlight of my day. Tirade against me on Xtian website, how I have 'hard heart toward th... (cont) #
- My Take: "President Obamas Long Form Birth Certificate | The White House" http://j.mp/mpBfCq..... via @AddToAny #
- Reasons to move Gen. David Petraeus to the CIA include bringing more military capabilities to the CIA & increasing DIA/CIA integration. #
1) I want to add a column: "My tweets retweeted." They don't all show up in the Mentions column... (cont) #
- @CineversityTV: Thanks for retweeting me. I'm not seeing them in TweetDeck Chrome because there's no "@TomUshe... (cont) #
- "RT @GreeGreece: RT @cdashiell: We need one of the five corporatist Republican Supreme Court justices to be ra... (cont) #
- The worst thing about taxes other than they exist is that the rich don't pay enough. #
- Donald Trump said about Obama's "long-form" birth certificate: "I hope that it's true so we can get on to muc... (cont) #
- Once in a blue moon, World Net Daily has some right things to say. The moon isn't blue. "Trump Adviser: Eve... (cont) #
- Joseph Farah: "...regarding Obama's eligibility.... It would be a big mistake for everyone to jump to a conclu... (cont) #
- If the rich are not ashamed of what they are saying, why are they afraid to disclose how much they spend on political ads and lobbying? #
- http://youtu.be/_8GJMKiXl8A..... Wow, tough on Trump, but Trump did the risk analysis going in, didn't he? No. He'd be a dangerous President. #
- General Electric made $14.2 billion in 2010 & paid zero US corporate income taxes for 2010. It actually got $3.2 billion from the treasury. #
- I stand by true-Christian morality and the heterosexual, monogamous, faithful concept of family. At the sam... (cont) #
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/s7zwO88nRH8?a..... The Truth About GOP Hero Ayn Rand #
- I favorited a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/s7zwO88nRH8?a..... The Truth About GOP Hero Ayn Rand #
- The person Ayn Rand hated most is Jesus, the best person who ever lived I know (@YouTube http://youtu.be/s7zwO88nRH8?a.....) #
- Thank you, Jesus! #
- My Answer: "AlterNet: One More Reason Religion Is So Messed Up: Respected Theologian Defends Genocide and Infanticide" http://j.mp/kVSW8L..... #
- "What is the Chernobyl death toll?" by Jim Green. Chernobyl estimated deaths: George Monbiot v. Dr Helen Caldicott. http://bit.ly/kgS4PD..... #
- "Did You Fall for It? America's Outrage Over TSA Naked Body Scanners Was Right-Wing PR to Prevent Workers fro... (cont) #
- David Barton doesn't know anything about Jesus's message. His comprehension of the Gospel message is nonexistent. #
- CDC (US Center for Disease Control) predicts smoking bans in every state by 2020. #
- "Smoking States and Tobacco Producing States" "Smoking has been on a long term decline in the U.S." http://bit.ly/lEtYDu..... #
- This being the last Friday in April: Happy Arbor Day USA. #
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/jCnIcvgFe1Y?a..... The GOP Meets the Main Street Movement #
- The RLCC can't endorse candidates for secular political office, but it can supp (@YouTube http://youtu.be/kRAifoqt9g8?a.....) #
Powered by Twitter Tools
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)