- Monsanto the Greedy, Nature-Destroying Devil: "Great seed robbery," by Vandana Shiva | Deccan Chronicle #
- Libya: "You are the aggressors. We will negotiate with you. Come, France, Italy, U.K., America, come to negoti... (cont) #
- Golden Rule For the Rich, Hell For the Poor http://j.mp/kfItWR..... via @AddToAny #
- A 1612 edition of the King James Version of the Bible says, "printers have persecuted me." Oops, God has a sense of humor. #
- Hogwash: "Republican strategist Charlie Black...said Obama's decision to address the birther controversy perso... (cont) #
- US Senate's Deficit-Hawk Gang of Six: Gangster Sicks is more like it http://j.mp/kTuaYE..... via @AddToAny #
- Has the Iranian government condemned Assad & his Baath Party murdering over 500 protesters, or are they only worried about Barhraini Shia? #
- McDonald's "declined to disclose how many of the jobs were full- versus part-time." How many were minimum wage too? http://t.co/2HbtV2V..... #
- "Physical Silver Investors Are Being Hoodwinked by the Futures Market" http://t.co/SNugFjl..... #
- 9/11 Still Needs Investigating Regardless of Claims of Osama bin Laden's Assassination http://j.mp/iia8tL..... via @AddToAny #
- "After intense lobbying, banks won deregulation of commodities markets in the US in 2000, allowing them to dev... (cont) #
- of two minds: "The Housing Bubble Broke the Middle Class" http://bit.ly/i6o68B..... #
- "A US Department of Justice test of the CelleBrite UFED used by Michigan police found the device could grab al... (cont) #
- Known all along: "secret operation to run guns across the border to Mexican drug cartels — overseen by U.S. government" http://bit.ly/jMu5NR..... #
- I favorited a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/2GYlSsLafR0?a..... Chris Hedges speech Union Square NYC - April 15th 2011 #
- How many warmongering American super-patriots ever read Osama bin Laden's Fatwa against the US and considered the merits of his grievances? #
- Hillary Clinton's hypocrisy on Bahrain: "a one-size-fits-all approach...doesn't make sense in such a diverse region at such a fluid time." #
- Barack Obama & Hillary Clinton are hypocritical snakes attacking Qaddaffi for exactly the same things being done in Bahrain by the Saudis. #
- Haaretz's Cnaan Liphshiz (journalist) from Dutch Zionist group CIDI (Centre for Documentation and Information on Israel) http://t.co/EB5lLRx..... #
- I favorited a @YouTube video from @storyofstuff http://youtu.be/k5kHACjrdEY?a..... The Story of Citizens United v. FEC (2011) #
- We Are Wide Awake.org - Eye Witness Reporting on Israel Palestine http://j.mp/je2KgQ..... via @AddToAny #
- Links in the "We Are Wide Awake" version don't work. These do: http://bit.ly/j5i2NE..... #
- WARREN MOSLER is post-Keynesian, even a neo-chartalist (I am also, with a number of qualifications). You se... (cont) #
- What do you think historic Ashkenazi discrimination against Moroccan Jews has to do with Mordechai Vanunu? http://bit.ly/m2vPzg..... #
- Hezbollah Deputy Secretary General Sheikh Naim Qassem states some valid criticisms against UN Secretary Genera... (cont) #
- Palestine; Israel: "Consequently the struggle against censorship and disinformation — the struggle to raise pe... (cont) #
- If sins of fathers are visited on sons, Prince William (the German to be King of England) will lose more than his hair. http://bit.ly/lpT8ns..... #
- Turkey's "neo-Ottoman nostalgia"? http://bit.ly/l8siF8..... #
- Gaza, Palestine, Israel: "Goldstone's cringing retraction of his own conclusions came after an internationa... (cont) #
- Ban Ki-moon agreed to reject an investigation into war crimes by Israel in the 2008 Israeli invasion of Gaza. http://bit.ly/kgm3Gr..... #
- Sam, the split is over unbridled capitalism and you know it. "How Obama and Trump Imprison Voters," By SAM HUSSEINI. http://bit.ly/mEM12M..... #
- King of Bahrain and the Zionist entity: Kissy kissy http://bit.ly/kxqo4P..... #
- "According to one cable, Rice spoke with UN chief Ban Ki-moon three times on May 4, 2009 to urge him to remov... (cont) #
- Navy SEAL immigrant & bin Laden? "Give me your tired, your poor, your sons willing to blow people's heads off." Really? http://bit.ly/jI18wY..... #
- "60% of US Teens Believe Torture Is OK." In my late teens, 2% wouldn't have said that. Neocons, Zionists, & Rupert Murdoch are to blame. #
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/cy2NkJ8fsek?a..... Feinstein on torture info #
- Written the same: "How Wall Street and the Toxic Philosophy of Ayn Rand Are Destroying Our Retirements," by Les Leopold #
- You can be a militant patriot or a Christian but not both. Fools think otherwise. If you're choosing between the two, choose Christianity. #
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)