- On going thru Osama bin Laden's documents/videos: "We haven't won till we can go through airport security with our shoes on." — Tenth Man May 8, 2011 @ 10:52
- Pakistan says it has 3 wives and 8 children of Osama bin Laden. Don't believe those are fake people created by the CIA. May 8, 2011 @ 11:03
- "A Muslim woman is not allowed to marry a Christian man, according to state law." — AFP. Is Egypt going to have freedom of religion? May 8, 2011 @ 11:30
- Concerning killings between Copts and Salafis and the burning of Coptic Churches in Egypt: "Egypt's mufti -... (cont) May 8, 2011 @ 11:39
- Osama bin Laden did it? Ha! "Active Thermitic Material Discovered in Dust from the 9/11 World Trade Center Catastrophe" http://bit.ly/lH11RJ..... May 9, 2011 @ 16:16
- I don't want the Koch brothers to "free" me from "Big Government." I want God to show the way to freedom from the banksters & Kochs. May 9, 2011 @ 17:36
- It's worth reading the whole article. He's too easy on Obama though. Obama was a fake progressive from the sta... (cont) May 9, 2011 @ 17:41
- You see, the Tea Partiers call Obama a socialist when, in fact, he was put up by rabid-bankster Wall Streeters who financed him & will yet. May 9, 2011 @ 18:11
- "The more privatization, the more classism." — Tom Usher May 9, 2011 @ 18:14
- I'd rather kill the GOP than Social Security. May 9, 2011 @ 18:54
- For crying out loud, Ralph Reed is an unrepentant, lying anti-Christ. Who doesn't know that? http://bit.ly/jf6uhd..... May 9, 2011 @ 19:11
- I favorited a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/sNXLWm5FQ74?a..... With $42 billion and seven homes, why are the Kochs buying May 9, 2011 @ 19:33
- Wall Street Journal: "median...salaries, bonuses and long-term incentive awards for CEOs of 350 major companies surged 11% to $9.3 million" May 9, 2011 @ 19:45
- "United States is now about as economically unequal as Uganda...more unequal than...Pakistan...the Ivory Coast" http://bit.ly/kWZEVT..... May 9, 2011 @ 19:49
- "57% Favor Repeal of Health Care Law [Obamacare]" — Rasmussen. What they don't tell you is how many of the 57% want single-payer. May 9, 2011 @ 20:00
- "GOD: Frank, you know all about gardens and nature. What in the world is going on...." http://bit.ly/m7pE9o..... May 9, 2011 @ 20:09
- I know next to nothing about major league American sports, but I've read that Rashard Mendenhall (never hear... (cont) May 9, 2011 @ 20:20
- I don't know anything more about Chris Douglas-Roberts at all, but I sure like what I just learned about him... (cont) May 9, 2011 @ 20:29
- Because he took heat over his truth-telling about Osama bin Laden's assassination, I decided to learn a tad ab... (cont) May 9, 2011 @ 22:08
- Rashard Mendenhall: "We'll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time believing a plane could ta... (cont) May 9, 2011 @ 22:54
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)