- RT @GreeGreece: Osama bin Laden sought 'new 9/11' to force US out of Middle East (all unverified statements ... (cont) May 12, 2011 @ 18:54
- To support Presbyterian homosexuality, Rev. Dr. Janet Edwards quoted Paul (an anti-homosexual). http://huff.to/mojQpr..... May 12, 2011 @ 20:05
- I liked a @YouTube video Inside Story: Bahrain - the black hole of Arab uprisings? May 12, 2011 @ 22:15
- euronews terra viva: Safe as houses: building with straw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....R1AwL1Vg_k http://ff.im/DfThF..... May 12, 2011 @ 22:32
- I liked a @YouTube video Bernie Sanders "We Have To Move Beyond Healthcare Reform To Med May 12, 2011 @ 23:46
- More Info On Giant Military Radar Parked In Port Of Seattle http://ff.im/Dga25..... May 12, 2011 @ 23:57
- Congress grills big oil on subsidies http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....age#t=174s http://ff.im/DgcGv..... May 13, 2011 @ 00:12
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/J7m9wfFnH6o?a..... 23 Things They Don't Tell You About Capitalism May 13, 2011 @ 00:44
- Posted: October 25, 2008; Updated: May 13, 2011: "TROY DAVIS: THEY CAN'T KILL HIM NOW" http://j.mp/ltveYI..... May 13, 2011 @ 13:03
- Some genius: Palestine/Israel BDS: Bob Dylan Neighborhood Bully: [Christian]-Zionist at Heart http://souciant.com/2011/05/zi.....-at-heart/ May 13, 2011 @ 14:19
- I favorited a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/E4_RQc9NLxQ?a..... "Let Me Waterboard Donald Rumsfeld and Then We'll See if He May 13, 2011 @ 14:46
- Those people are not Christians; they don't know anything; and mark my words, their prophecies will not come true. http://j.mp/js9VFG..... May 13, 2011 @ 15:25
- I favorited a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/IqM2EXFdOnM?a..... AIPAC 101 — What Every American Should Know May 14, 2011 @ 00:50
- They killed Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden, but Qaddaffi can't just stop attacking civilians and shut his mouth. May 14, 2011 @ 02:30
- The only problems with Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security are greedy Plutocrats. May 14, 2011 @ 02:34
- It's stupid not to pick which industries to support over others to reduce energy costs and create jobs while not poisoning the environment. May 14, 2011 @ 17:16
- Right now, choosing oil, gas, coal, & nuclear rather than solar, wind, geothermal, tidal, etc., will cost much more in the mid- & long-term. May 14, 2011 @ 17:18
- Anti-environmentalists have dung for brains and stones for hearts. May 14, 2011 @ 17:19
- A fast way to create lasting, healthy, environmentally sound jobs is via direct public-employment bringing public alternative-energy online. May 14, 2011 @ 17:23
- Overcome. Use brains. Be logical: "I think it's very difficult to trace the intellectual and logical behaviour behind everyone's sexuality." May 14, 2011 @ 17:39
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)