- Correct: "Israel fears Palestinian nonviolence" and more than violence. THE DAILY STAR May 20, 2011 @ 23:42
- IMF chief Strauss-Kahn caught in "Honey Trap" http://t.co/0jSeSq7..... May 21, 2011 @ 01:01
- "The Establishment Eliminates A Threat" [Dominique Strauss-Kahn] by Paul Craig Roberts http://www.opednews.com........ (cont)
- "The Establishment Eliminates A Threat" [Dominique Strauss-Kahn] by Paul Craig Roberts http://bit.ly/iygjZU..... May 21, 2011 @ 01:10
- On Obama's Disastrous Foreign Policy Speech Given at the US State Department, May 19, 2011 http://nblo.gs/i9OOG..... May 21, 2011 @ 23:58
- If Obama were to have the guts to then stand up to these fascists, I'd change my opinion of him. "Morton Klein... (cont) May 22, 2011 @ 01:01
- Papandreou's privatization program for Greece is a scam. Goldman Sachs owes the money, not the Greek people. May 22, 2011 @ 01:17
- Barack Obama says Iran sponsors terrorism. Have you seen any proof of this? I haven't. Where's the evidence, Mr. Obama? Show us. May 22, 2011 @ 01:39
- Obama has set himself up for failure yet again vis-a-vis Netanyahu. It should never be said the US will unconditionally protect Israel. May 22, 2011 @ 01:54
- Pakistan has many people living in unemployment & poverty but ordered 50 Chinese fighter jets. What bad governing. Wake up, Pakistanis. May 22, 2011 @ 02:28
- "Assad...must be held...criminally responsible before the ICC or national courts...exercising universal jurisdiction." Amnesty International May 22, 2011 @ 03:03
- Medvedev is critical of the UNSC RtoP resolution on Libya. Syria's Assad has killed unarmed hundreds. So, what is Medvedev prepared to do? May 22, 2011 @ 03:23
- To Netanyahu, Hamas has to be Israel's peace partner or there won't be peace. You negotiate for peace with your enemies, not your friends. May 22, 2011 @ 03:45
- To Netanyahu, You can't simply ignore Hamas just because it hasn't bowed down to you and said Zionist Israel has a right to exist as such. May 22, 2011 @ 03:47
- The title sounds like a call for censorship, but it's not about that. "We will rue our failure to govern th... (cont) May 22, 2011 @ 20:46
- I largely agree: "There is Much More to Say," Noam Chomsky's follow-up on his first post about the assassinati... (cont) May 22, 2011 @ 23:00
- Democrats "Phony Anti-War Movement" http://t.co/esVikzy..... May 22, 2011 @ 23:51
- This article is one-sided. Qaddaffi & Assad were/are murderous against unarmed protesters. "Syria and US Imperialism" http://t.co/Jok4pQe..... May 23, 2011 @ 00:43
- The President is breaking American law for sure. "U.S. tries to assassinate U.S. citizen Anwar al-Awlaki" http://bit.ly/kjmU8X..... May 23, 2011 @ 01:16
- Elephant: "Chris Christie: GOP White Knight or White Elephant?" http://bit.ly/jejbhy..... May 23, 2011 @ 01:43
- Brazil: Not 100% neoliberal but still way too much: "Brick by BRIC: How Global Sport Has Declared War on Brazil's Poor" http://bit.ly/kMxlQO..... May 23, 2011 @ 01:59
- What oil industry $ millions can do with fake-think tanks: 51% US Adults think recent weather caused by long-term planetary trends, not AGW. May 23, 2011 @ 02:26
- Neoliberalism: Usury and the taxes to pay it are death. "Ireland's future depends on breaking free from bailout" May 23, 2011 @ 02:55
- You Cannot Kill An Ideology With A Gun http://t.co/aGW5Esq..... via @AddThis May 23, 2011 @ 04:06
- So when we see your people whooping and cheering and shouting "USA, USA", we remember the girls you raped, th... (cont) May 23, 2011 @ 04:29
- Here comes your non-violent resistance http://t.co/URVKCjD..... via @AddThis May 23, 2011 @ 04:47
- BDS: "Deutsche Bahn pulls out of Israel project" http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0.....abdc0.html May 23, 2011 @ 04:55
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)