- Twitter Digest: May 22, 2011 http://nblo.gs/ibSzH..... May 23, 2011 @ 05:07
- I could have written this myself: "Obama to Israel: Take whatever you want" - Opinion - Al Jazeera English http://t.co/XiqwG1D..... @ajenglish May 24, 2011 @ 05:05
- Egypt to open Gaza border permanently. Gaza Freedom Flotilla, Spirit of Rachel Corrie cargo to go thru Rafah Crossing? http://t.co/YdPe9Da..... May 25, 2011 @ 19:42
- Restoring a safety net that offers actual support | OregonLive.com. "If I didn't have the resources then, I wouldn't..." http://t.co/UJoWjUb..... May 25, 2011 @ 20:55
- China's capitalism is looking mighty poisonous: neodymium. Real green sources real green, not super greed. http://bit.ly/h1ey44..... May 25, 2011 @ 20:58
- Rae Abileah disrupted Benjamin Netanyahu's address to Congress: A powerful argument for not lumping "all Jews" together. http://t.co/gFzNmTo..... May 25, 2011 @ 21:33
- I don't know about anyone else, but my "Twitter" Home page isn't showing anyone's tweets today. I tried the "Old Version" too. May 25, 2011 @ 22:44
- Twitter Support: "Some users may see empty timelines (no tweets). We're aware of the issue and working quickly to fix it." 4 hours ago May 25, 2011 @ 22:47
- The Gaza Freedom Flotilla / Free Gaza Movement needs runner boats to run back and forth to shore for supplies, etc. May 25, 2011 @ 22:55
- Hezbollah's leader, Nasrallah, backs Syrian President Bashar Assad. Does he care about the unarmed protester... (cont) May 25, 2011 @ 23:53
- Facebook Group doc: http://www.facebook.com/home.p.....6023021984 May 26, 2011 @ 00:07
- @cherylbenson You wrote: "hello there Namaste! Keep spreading the word left u a message on FB." I didn't find that message. Peace. May 26, 2011 @ 00:32
- RT @GreeGreece: Factory Farms Produce 100X the Waste Than All People In US Combined. It's Killing Our Drinking Water. http://bit.ly/irx04m..... May 26, 2011 @ 00:39
- RT @foe_us: Government pushed to do full review of 'Frankenfish' - 05/25/2011 For Immediate Release ... (cont) May 26, 2011 @ 00:56
- @cherylbenson Okay. I did see your comment. Thank you. I was look for a message in the FB messaging system is all. May 26, 2011 @ 01:00
- A "terrorist" manual is damning evidence when someone with an Arab-sounding name has it, even if he has it fo... (cont) May 26, 2011 @ 01:51
- Typical GOP-snake mentality: Unemployment and homelessness are up, so let's cut food stamps. How about increasing public employment instead. May 26, 2011 @ 02:20
- Of course: "China losing competitiveness" http://t.co/SfsrXlo..... via @edwardnh May 26, 2011 @ 03:21
- American mainstream media censors news on Israeli atrocities because actual deeds of the Zionists are an embarrassment and indefensible. May 26, 2011 @ 03:40
- When Obama said that the US would protect Israel no matter what evil the Zionists do, Obama threw truth and righteousness under the bus. May 26, 2011 @ 03:51
- When Obama said that he supports a "Jewish" democratic state, he threw anti-supremacism under the bus. May 26, 2011 @ 03:55
- This is only the tip of the iceberg: "Damascus grants enough concessions to each Middle Eastern power to convi... (cont) May 26, 2011 @ 04:33
- My previous tweet said about Syria, "This is only the tip of the iceberg." Here's more tip: "Calls for the rem... (cont) May 26, 2011 @ 04:56
- "It's time for the United States to recognize that the future of the Middle East is not in the hands of agin... (cont) May 26, 2011 @ 05:06
- In case you missed it: "Shooting on Israel Syria border": http://bit.ly/kutbkl..... "civilian demonstrators were ma... (cont) May 26, 2011 @ 05:18
- France & Britain to send attack helicopters to Libya. It was only a matter of time. May 26, 2011 @ 05:27
- Has Putin denied this? It fits with reneging on missile defense. "WikiLeaks: Russia sabotaged Iran nuclear program" http://t.co/klHOLeA..... May 26, 2011 @ 05:40
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)