- Twitter Digest: May 25, 2011 http://nblo.gs/ikenz..... May 26, 2011 @ 06:29
- Just because you're pro-abortion doesn't mean you "know" fetal cells or fetuses 20 weeks or younger feel no pain. Get real. May 26, 2011 @ 23:56
- The Libyan revolutionaries haven't outright won because the West has been holding out for deals for more support. May 27, 2011 @ 01:21
- Rather than not allow prison inmates to read anything but the Bible, discuss with them what they are reading and why. May 27, 2011 @ 01:27
- How can an honest democratic-republic US support an ethnocratic Israel over a one-state democratic-republic for Palestinian Arabs & Jews? May 27, 2011 @ 01:52
- Sold a load of greedy-capitalist real-estate nonsense, Spain's youth unemployment is nearly 45%, a record for industrialized countries. May 27, 2011 @ 02:38
- It's deeply diabolical of people to want cuts in gov. benefits & services for those who were working before the crash & want to work again. May 27, 2011 @ 03:22
- Full of Hot/Toxic Air: Coal-Fired Power Plants/Polluters Block Stronger Mercury Standards @NRDC http://t.co/RUGD8Az..... May 27, 2011 @ 03:41
- "74% Favor Banning Regulators From Working For Those They Regulate For At Least Five Years" — Rasmussen May 27, 2011 @ 03:59
- Yes or no: Physiologically and anatomically, homosexual intercourse is an obvious error? "Joakim Noah, the NB... (cont) May 27, 2011 @ 04:52
- Means testing Social Security & Medicare is evil temptation to get the wealthy to support them even less. May 27, 2011 @ 05:00
- US Treasury lie: "United States notes serve no function that is not already adequately served by Federal Reserve notes." http://t.co/2hPa2y5..... May 27, 2011 @ 05:17
- The US Treasury lies about United States Notes (USN) v. Federal Reserve Notes. USN are interest free. May 27, 2011 @ 05:20
- I'm so tired of economic morons saying austerity is the only way to deal with the problems we face. May 27, 2011 @ 05:31
- Selfishness is anti-Christ, and House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan's plan is of, by, & for the hyper-selfish. May 27, 2011 @ 05:52
- Cut Medicare & taxes on the ultra-rich. The American center may be quite stupid at times, but it doesn't appear stupid enough for that. May 27, 2011 @ 06:34
- I tweeted links on the Dominique Strauss-Kahn story by two who strongly promoted that it was a set up. Nevertheless, I reserve judgment. May 27, 2011 @ 06:42
- Atheists don't know what's missing, though they speak as if there's nothing to miss. It's better to say one's not sure than there's no God. May 27, 2011 @ 07:13
- Why does the GOP fight to enable capitalists to be as crooked as possible? Why do they do everything against protecting citizen-customers? May 27, 2011 @ 07:49
- The New Jersey Sup. Court reversed $500 mil. of Gov. Chris Christie's pub. ed. cuts. Maybe he won't finish the white elephant shopping mall. May 27, 2011 @ 07:59
- Secularly, this sounds right relative to banksters rule: "Why Obama Should Appoint Elizabeth Warren to Head the CFPB" http://bit.ly/izTQwJ..... May 27, 2011 @ 08:50
- I hope they source their magnets from clean suppliers: RT @truthdig Google Bets on California Wind Power - Truthdig http://bit.ly/iV6srt..... May 27, 2011 @ 09:14
- Per capita, the US has the Fourth-Highest Income Inequality in the World. May 27, 2011 @ 09:58
- I don't care what the Patriot Act or anyone says. So called National Security Letters are unconstitutional. No one should abide by them. May 27, 2011 @ 10:04
- Dam Removal: Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe: Who wants sick GMO-salmon when real, healthy Chinook salmon reach 100 lbs? http://t.co/O0Wc6pe..... May 28, 2011 @ 22:25
- Anti-environmentalist Barack Obama pledged to help Poland develop shale gas & nuclear, poisoning itself, its neighbors, and the planet. May 28, 2011 @ 22:39
- Rafah Crossing is now supposedly permanently open. Here's the latest on the Gaza Freedom Flotilla "Spirit o... (cont) May 28, 2011 @ 23:10
- RT @billyjack_1951: "@GreeGreece @TomUsher Well, the key word there is "honest"." Correct. That's why I used the word. May 28, 2011 @ 23:36
- RT @Arabs4Palestine: "@TomUsher One state with # and # living in peace like they did for thousand... (cont) May 28, 2011 @ 23:40
- May 29, 2011 @ 00:10 Reuters is reading more like the AP. Their coverage of the situation in Yemen is loade... (cont)
- "Cairo waived visa requirements for women, minors and men over 40" traveling to Egypt from Gaza. That's only semi-open. May 29, 2011 @ 00:23
- Even just semi-opening the Rafah Crossing as they have is some real progress on Egypt's part. It's a good thing Mubarak is gone from power. May 29, 2011 @ 00:28
- I don't like ruinous, greedy neoliberal strings attached to G8 / IMF "help" for Egypt & Tunisia & neither should you. May 29, 2011 @ 00:41
- Russia wants to mediate between Qaddaffi & the world because Russia has weapons deals with Qaddaffi & doesn't want more oil competition. May 29, 2011 @ 00:46
- G8, stop giving the Saudi & Bahraini dictators a pass. They've murdered unarmed, peaceful protesters just as have Libya, Yemen, & Syria. May 29, 2011 @ 00:58
- @GreeGreece There is no doubt Cold War rivalry is still there. Qaddaffi, Putin, Sarkozy, Obama, the banksters... are all responsible. May 29, 2011 @ 01:06
- "Afghan President Hamid Karzai has ordered the Defense Ministry to take control of night raids." Frankly, that's completely understandable. May 29, 2011 @ 01:19
- Even when not true, Zionists especially will call an act of militant-Islamic resistance "al Qaeda linked." May 29, 2011 @ 01:27
- When are the Canadian people going to wake up and throw off that fascist-Zionist loving Stephen Harper as their Prime Minister? May 29, 2011 @ 01:32
- Triumphal return of Honduran ex-leader Zelaya: ""He was the only president that remembered us, the poor," sai... (cont) May 29, 2011 @ 03:32
- @ausher8 GMO-free? May 29, 2011 @ 03:37
- @ausher8 Genetically Modified Organism May 29, 2011 @ 03:41
- @ausher8 It was the corn that caused me to ask. Most corn in the US is GM. May 29, 2011 @ 03:42
- @ausher8 On my last trip to the store, I think I bought GM soy by mistake. My glasses aren't good enough anymo... (cont) May 29, 2011 @ 03:44
- @ausher8 I believe I once read that too much soy milk can cause stones (kidney?). May 29, 2011 @ 04:21
- @ausher8 As for GM corn, you can't tell simply by looking at it. People opt for certified organic or grow it themselves to avoid GM. May 29, 2011 @ 04:26
- @ausher8 US food labels aren't required to reveal GMO's in non-organic foods. That's a crime. That's the FDA being an arm of Monsanto, etc. May 29, 2011 @ 04:28
- Rocket science: When the US prints a Federal Reserve Note, it goes deeper in debt. Every time it printed a United States Note, it didn't. May 29, 2011 @ 04:57
- If Federal Reserve Notes are debt while United States Notes (USN) are not, why aren't you calling for USN? May 29, 2011 @ 05:00
- Gaza, Palestine, Israel: "Bad News From The BBC - Part 2: The 'John Motson Approach To Analysing News'" http://t.co/mxdNwPF..... May 29, 2011 @ 05:19
- On Memorial Day, is honor for those who gave their lives for their country or to increase the personal wealth of plutocrats who own it? May 29, 2011 @ 05:31
- @Arabs4Palestine It is true that the history of Arabs & Jews is tarnished with war between them but no more than between French & English. May 29, 2011 @ 05:38
- RT @Arabs4Palestine: British PM Cameron removes his name from list of Jewish National Fund patrons - Haaretz http://bit.ly/mOwQg9..... May 29, 2011 @ 05:41
- @Arabs4Palestine It's too bad Cameron's people minced words on it though — "time constraints." He's not a Zionist. He should act like it. May 29, 2011 @ 05:43
- "A plurality of voters considers themselves pro-choice..., but most still consider abortion morally unjust most of the time." — Rasmussen. May 29, 2011 @ 05:45
- "BP oil spill partly blamed for Gulf dolphin deaths." Drill, baby, drill is still kill, baby, kill. May 29, 2011 @ 06:01
- "...he is a political loonie and madman, but he is also a writing genius. He is usually interesting to read... (cont) May 29, 2011 @ 07:26
- Bad government is the problem. Good government is the solution. May 29, 2011 @ 08:10
- Brad Friedman rips James O'Keefe, Hannah Giles, & Andrew Breitbart apart. He shows how they knowingly lied to America. http://bit.ly/kEWNGI..... May 29, 2011 @ 08:26
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)