Due to computer problems since about June 3, 2011 until now, there are large time-gaps in this digest.
- Twitter Digest: May 29, 2011 http://nblo.gs/isGso..... May 29, 2011 @ 10:01
- UTV News - [darkside] Historian writes of 'pleasure' at murder of pro-Palestinian activist http://t.co/G97abzo..... May 29, 2011 @ 10:44
- Universal Health Care in Vermont? Only If Obama Administration Allows. http://bit.ly/mT655c..... May 30, 2011 @ 00:00
- "Demand Accountability for the Selective Prosecution of NSA Whistleblower Tom Drake" The Trailblazer softwar... (cont) May 30, 2011 @ 00:36
- "European coalition rejects UN chief's call to stop siege-busting flotilla to Gaza" http://bit.ly/mIEd4R..... May 30, 2011 @ 01:25
- "Mavi Marmara readies for its new voyage" Gaza Freedom Flotilla II: May 30, 2011 @ 01:44
- "Gun Toting IDF Terrorists Dressing up as Palestinian Women" http://bit.ly/lfBVgJ..... May 30, 2011 @ 02:23
- Socialists in Spain didn't cause the global economic crisis. Highly under-regulated, fraudulent American/Engli... (cont) May 30, 2011 @ 03:07
- http://bit.ly/mA1hYc..... http://bit.ly/mQDfEQ..... "our short-term interests don't align perfectly with our long-term vision of the region." Hypoc... May 30, 2011 @ 03:27
- "Official: TweetDeck Has Been Acquired By Twitter" http://bit.ly/jSH6OE..... May 30, 2011 @ 03:31
- Democracy v. corporate-capitalism: The Republican Party wants you to vote for corporatism & capitalism against democracy for the workers. May 30, 2011 @ 04:04
- Until you stop imagining private banks are even necessary, you will never be free. Nationalize the Fed. Issue only United States Notes. May 30, 2011 @ 04:46
- "End the United States' sanctions against Venezuela."
"The Chavez government has used Venezuela's oil we... (cont) May 30, 2011 @ 05:36
- Britain is going to use bunker-busting bombs in Libya. Qaddaffi's a fool. May 31, 2011 @ 00:43
- "Several hundred al Qaeda and Islamist militants took over... [Zinjibar, Yemen] a few days ago...." How do they know which is which? May 31, 2011 @ 01:12
- Why don't they drop the terms "al Qaeda" and "Islamist militants"? Who's a Muslim who isn't an Islamist? Mohammed was an Islamist. May 31, 2011 @ 01:15
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel said she wants all nuclear power plants in Germany shut down by 2022. She's better late than never. May 31, 2011 @ 01:30
- I am NOT in solidarity with members of the US military. I am adamantly anti-military & anti-war. The "Universal Solider" really is to blame. May 31, 2011 @ 01:34
- How many of the 120-some military officers who defected from Qaddaffi will end up in Eastern Libya training & leading revolutionary forces? May 31, 2011 @ 01:38
- RT @http://pulsene.ws/1MkuN..... May 31, 2011 @ 04:35 : AL Mayor: No FEMA Trailers Allowed For Tornado Victims -
- RT @EconPop: Removing Jobs as Job # http://bit.ly/k0ywqx..... "...as consumers' ability to spend erodes, so wil... (cont) May 31, 2011 @ 04:59
- Econ grade school econ profs don't get: RT @yvessmith: Stephanie Kelton: What Happens When the Gov. Tightens its Belt? http://bit.ly/lRwWxt..... May 31, 2011 @ 05:14
- "metal heads," yep: RT @WilliamHogeland: # metal heads don't get the framers' purpose in Article I, Section 10. http://t.co/lpKQcbT..... May 31, 2011 @ 05:38
- Right on, though we could be debt free: RT @ellenhbrown: INVITING CHAOS: THE PERILS OF TOYING WITH THE DEBT CEILING http://goo.gl/fb/Gy124..... May 31, 2011 @ 06:01
- Stinking, rotten, no good US Supreme Court: http://rt.com/news/us-torture-.....rt-denial/ It's a piece of crap fit only for the dung heap! May 31, 2011 @ 06:26
- That's biblical. May 31, 2011 @ 06:26
- "We've Gone from a Nation of Laws to a Nation of Powerful Men Making Laws in Secret" May 31, 2011 @ 06:50 Don't fight for lies.
- 14 dead as Nato strikes civilians / World / Home - Morning Star http://j.mp/ilYu6F..... Who thinks this is excusabl... (cont) May 31, 2011 @ 08:47
- For many in America and the rest of the world, "Your Vitamins Are Genetically Engineered and Are Made In China." http://bit.ly/kSQSfw..... May 31, 2011 @ 23:31
- Hack Us and We'll Bomb You "Pentagon...to treat Internet-borne attacks...as acts of war." http://j.mp/kSimlq..... June 1, 2011 @ 00:42
- Gold won't save anyone either. "RT @nomiprins: If You Think the Meltdown Was the Fault of Homeowners, Think Again..." http://t.co/YgZkH7n..... June 1, 2011 @ 01:37
- The Bush tax-cut for the rich was moronic! "RT @NewDeal20: Uwe Reinhardt makes a case for raising taxes http://nyti.ms/mk6g4m..... June 1, 2011 @ 02:01
- When is so-called President Ali Abdullah Saleh going to be cut off? How much longer can the world tolerate suc... (cont) June 1, 2011 @ 03:45
- Which is Babylon, FOX or Rolling Stone? Both! "How Roger Ailes Built the Fox News Fear Factory." This is a boo... (cont) June 1, 2011 @ 04:53
- Compared to when & what %? "Bob Dylan...is now virtually unknown to more than one-in-three adults in...[ the U.S.]." — Rasmussen. June 1, 2011 @ 05:20
- Mercury, lead, & arsenic come out of coal-fired power-plant smokestacks. Take deep breaths, get sick, & die prematurely say greedy pigs. June 1, 2011 @ 05:24
- Does it get any dumber? Caving to sweatshops gutted US employment. "Immigrants, Sweatshops, and Standards of Living" http://t.co/8W0Ix1Q..... June 1, 2011 @ 05:53
- RT @Jinjirrie: August Burns Red, a...Christian metalcore band, has just cancelled their June 9 concert in Israel. http://is.gd/iPjrly..... # June 1, 2011 @ 06:29
- Good News! RT @perthtones: Europeans line up to reject nuclear power http://wp.me/pmBEv-Yn..... June 1, 2011 @ 06:38
- They're psyching out unknown enemies. RT @birgittaj: NATO defined line when cyber attack is war,...secret for the sake of security. June 1, 2011 @ 06:50
- People want to see photos. "Hidden no more: Pyramid findings rock the Web" | The Upshot Yahoo! News June 1, 2011 @ 07:02
- "68% Say Bank Bailout Money Went To Those Who Caused Meltdown" — Rasmussen. ...think billions went to those who caused meltdown. Trillions! June 1, 2011 @ 21:37
- "There's class warfare alright; but it's my class, the rich class, that's making war. And we're winning." -... (cont) June 1, 2011 @ 22:23
- Free-Market Heroine Ayn Rand, Hypocrite; Republicans Side With Billionaires Against You! http://bit.ly/iPlPx8..... June 1, 2011 @ 23:07
- Free-Market Heroine Ayn Rand, Hypocrite; Republicans Side With Billionaires Against You! http://nblo.gs/iBz2B..... June 1, 2011 @ 23:19
- Babies from "baby farms" in Nigeria are sold for, among other reasons, black-magic rituals (Satanic-ritual abuse). Do they kill them? Yes. June 1, 2011 @ 23:28
- "Nigerian 'baby factory' raided and 32... - Google News" http://bit.ly/lcPtTv..... I hope the "hospital" owner is telling the truth, but.... June 1, 2011 @ 23:35
- What are the "Irish Two Step" & "Dutch Sandwich"? Chuck Collins says they're tax-dodging schemes used by Apple, etc. http://bit.ly/iILhgW..... June 1, 2011 @ 23:43
- U.S. Reps: anything but the solution: interest/tax-free United States Notes. "House Rejects Debt Ceiling Increase" http://bit.ly/jiz6py..... June 1, 2011 @ 23:53
- Tax cuts for Plutocrats (bought the people's gov.): "New Mexico ending food stamp supplement for elderly, disabled" June 2, 2011 @ 00:06
- Understanding the Term "Liberal" From a Theological / Biblical Perspective http://nblo.gs/iEYUc..... June 3, 2011 @ 05:13
- Before and after: Devastation of the Joplin, MO tornado, photo: http://bit.ly/k4F2yX..... June 3, 2011 @ 12:22
- With the information that's public, it's clear Goldman Sachs committed huge fraud and should be out of business. June 3, 2011 @ 12:24
- Will Mexico's business elite defeat the drug gangs? "Special report: If Monterrey falls, Mexico falls." http://reut.rs/iS18If..... June 3, 2011 @ 13:00
- When the population of the Earth hits 10.5 billion, watch out. June 3, 2011 @ 13:12
- Two words not on the USDA's MyPlate - Home page are "natural" and "organic." http://bit.ly/laletu..... Also, you don't need meat or dairy. June 3, 2011 @ 13:24
- Some Zionists are less insane than others. Meir Dagan, Ex-Israeli spymaster, takes swipe at Netanyahu: ""He [M... (cont) June 3, 2011 @ 13:32
- How long will it be before all the rich people getting tattoos start having them removed for small fortunes? What happened to real? June 3, 2011 @ 13:41
- Don't people realize that tattoos & piercings are just that much more contrived/fake? My thumbnail image is 12? I've not shaved since 2002. June 3, 2011 @ 13:47
- Yemen's President/Dictator, Saleh, was wounded a bit when revolutionaries hit his "palace" with rockets. Will that help wake him up? June 3, 2011 @ 13:50
- 12 Corporations Pay Effective Tax Rate of Negative 1.5% on $171 Billion in Profits; Reap $62.4 Billion in Tax Subsidies http://t.co/KnY1tIf..... June 3, 2011 @ 22:33
- Highlights: "The combination of high unemployment and high home foreclosures assures a deeply depressed econom... (cont) June 3, 2011 @ 23:50
- "Ominous House Bill would effectively ban US Christian adoption agencies." http://bit.ly/m9NmP4..... The free exerc... (cont) June 4, 2011 @ 01:18
- How many more sociopaths does Satan have to create before you realize that God (@YouTube http://youtu.be/hXpOA3jPC04?a.....) June 4, 2011 @ 02:56
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/lv3W_YlDnOs?a..... Leaders must make brave choices to save world's forests June 4, 2011 @ 03:31
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/yDrkUmxrxpQ?a..... Kate & Anna McGarrigle and Linda Ronstadt : Heart Like A Wheel June 4, 2011 @ 06:37
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/0spoiaZLYs0?a..... March to Jerusalem # June 4, 2011 @ 07:19
- "Report: U.S. to offer Turkey major role in Mideast talks if it stops Gaza flotilla" http://bit.ly/m7SOwY..... Zionism was stillborn! June 4, 2011 @ 07:42
- I'm back, not that you missed me. Computer repairs took 4 days. Glary Utilities' shredded the boot sector (& then some). June 8, 2011 @ 12:12
- Children of Palestine - in pictures: http://t.co/6ZgM8UF..... The Zionists can do this while calling the Palestinians the "Nazis." June 8, 2011 @ 15:07
- Have you figured out that the West has deliberately dragged its feet toppling Qaddaffi? It prevents: "Who's next?" & "What about him & him?" June 8, 2011 @ 16:54
- What's wrong with this photo? http://yhoo.it/jhG11M..... Where are the billions of stars? June 8, 2011 @ 17:05
- If China were to dump the dollar, it would drop during the process. That might cost China more than holding them or even buying more. June 8, 2011 @ 17:13
- "al Qaeda and other Islamist militants...al Qaeda and other Islamist militants...al Qaeda and other Islamist militants" broken record.... June 8, 2011 @ 17:14
- Hardly a word in the mainstream media about Israel murdering Palestinians from Syria commemorating the Nakba until Israel blamed Assad. June 8, 2011 @ 17:26
- "Rick Santorum launched a long-shot Republican bid for president." That's an under statement, I hope. June 8, 2011 @ 17:30
- "U.S. missile strikes "kill 17 militants" in Pakistan." Were they defending their homeland from American-imperialist invaders? June 8, 2011 @ 17:33
- With No Middle Class Left, Ad Age Says Top 10% Dominates Purchasing POwer | AlterNet http://bit.ly/lctrLm..... June 8, 2011 @ 18:44
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/_5VT5sb3Ros?a..... E.coli Outbreak - Go to BrasscheckTV.com June 9, 2011 @ 00:04
- 'Transgender' Widow Actually Intersex, Court Decision Ignores Nuance Of Sex, Gender, And Identity: http://t.co/iscSI2y..... June 9, 2011 @ 03:42
- Reasons given by those who argue against minimum-wage laws are also arguments FOR many other liberal devices. June 9, 2011 @ 04:19
- If Osama bin Laden was killed years ago, who got all of his relatives (wives, children, etc.) to pretend the US just killed him? June 9, 2011 @ 04:57
- "Most of them were beaten on their bare feet with wooden clubs; the fleshy part of the legs and buttocks wer... (cont) June 9, 2011 @ 05:08
- Goshen College's decision that Mennonite roots & the warmongering "Star-Spangled Banner" don't mix is correct. http://fxn.ws/lPAm9r..... June 9, 2011 @ 05:42
- The economy isn't right because laissez-faire capitalists stand in the way. Spending's been too little, too late, & in the wrong places. June 9, 2011 @ 05:51
- The Double-Dip is really the same dip with the old covers being pulled back. It could have been solved via re-regulation & anti-fraud. June 9, 2011 @ 05:56
- Look airheads, it ain't a "Great Recession." It's a God-damned Depression that's still getting worse in real terms. http://bit.ly/l6NLVo..... June 9, 2011 @ 06:03
- "34% Say It's Good for the Economy If Government Hires More." — Rasmussen. If hired to do the right work, it would be great! June 9, 2011 @ 08:05
- Fascinating read and amazing that people don't jump on the wagon for interest-and-debt-free United States Note... (cont) June 9, 2011 @ 08:42
- You're out of work but have an interview on the other side of town. The way there is a toll road, but you don't have the jack. Tough "luck"? June 9, 2011 @ 10:29
- Ken Dumps Barbie Over Environmental Ethics? Okay. http://nblo.gs/iVrop..... June 9, 2011 @ 10:52
- NSA-Whistleblower Tom Drake Accepts U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder's Plea Bargain http://nblo.gs/j7g4K..... June 14, 2011 @ 06:23
- Jim Hightower: The US "does not face a deficit crisis—we face a multi-billion dollar annual tax dodge by the most elite of moneyed elites." June 14, 2011 @ 08:08
- Fukushima: It doesn't look good. One wonders. RT @CineversityTV http://youtu.be/2sE6050Vhh0..... June 14, 2011 @ 08:29
- "...multi-billion dollar drug laundering by American banks and the surprising lack of oversight by the Feds." Surprising? Ha! June 14, 2011 @ 08:33
- Look, George W. Bush's tax cuts for the rich were stupid, but the economy was headed for a downturn even without them. Don't soak the poor! June 14, 2011 @ 09:04
- Poll: Are You Worried That Facebook Recognizes Your Face? - Truthdig http://bit.ly/krle9U..... June 14, 2011 @ 09:24
- "The manual clarifies the definition of who qualifies for extra protection as a legitimate member of the new... (cont) June 14, 2011 @ 09:54
- "Syrian Troops Pursue "Scorched Earth" Policy; Videos Document Children Tortured to Death" http://bit.ly/mJ9wkv..... June 14, 2011 @ 10:20
- The Koch brothers are dictators of Koch Industries; and via privatization, they want Koch Industries to be the sole government. Get it? June 14, 2011 @ 10:40
- I don't care how many claim there are zero choices regarding sexual attraction. Stupidity is popular. Nevertheless, flesh is weak. June 14, 2011 @ 11:02
- "Most voters still believe President Obama is more liberal than they are." Define "liberal." June 14, 2011 @ 11:08
- "44% Say They're Conservative on Fiscal Issues." They think the US is like a household that can't create money: United States Notes Now! June 14, 2011 @ 11:12
- "42,000 Strong Against the Keystone XL Pipeline" http://bit.ly/mFNlkY..... June 14, 2011 @ 11:17
- "Ten Years Of Media Lens - Operation RheinÃ¼bung Or: Our Problem With Mainstream Dissidents" This fits my comme... (cont) June 14, 2011 @ 11:41
- "88% Are Paying More for Groceries Now Than A Year Ago." The other 12% are eating less or crummier food? June 14, 2011 @ 12:10
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/32t2bUzKmjE?a..... Rage against Israel rises in EU as activists urge export embarg June 14, 2011 @ 13:04
- You vote with a wallet and/or ballot. Contrary to the claims of "free-market" capitalists, neither kind has a lock on true discovery. June 14, 2011 @ 13:11
- Obama the Warmonger: Worse Than a Third Bush Term?: The Independent Institute: http://t.co/rDHPdad..... Read the 2nd to the last paragraph. June 16, 2011 @ 03:49
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)