- Twitter Digest: June 15, 2011 http://nblo.gs/jcX6E..... June 16, 2011 @ 04:10
- "Little Churches Everywhere: California's Evangelical Conservatism | The Nation" "I don't want the rich standi... (cont) June 16, 2011 @ 04:28
- "As the first Palestinian-American elected to Congress, I am fortunate to have a job where I can bring my lov... (cont) June 16, 2011 @ 06:54
- http://bit.ly/jBFeoC..... "We must help Vanunu live in peace: Nuclear whistleblower Mordechai Vanunu wants to obe... (cont) June 16, 2011 @ 07:09
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/FCK0MTS4mvI?a..... Organic Spies Find Lies June 17, 2011 @ 10:17
- Get Food, Inc. Out of the Organic Trade Association!: June 17, 2011 @ 10:53
- American-Jew harassed, beaten, arrested in Jerusalem for being democratic: http://ff.im/FYrsp..... June 17, 2011 @ 11:08
- Abolish the Death Penalty: GROWING LIST OF SPONSORS: http://bit.ly/j02oTC..... June 17, 2011 @ 12:59
- "Roundup and birth defects: Is the public being kept in the dark?" Yes! http://t.co/rpJd22D..... June 18, 2011 @ 07:30
- Egypt haunts Saudi Arabia again: Propping up Arab monarchies, Saudi Arabia reverting to old anti-revolutionary role http://t.co/yVpN4e2..... June 18, 2011 @ 09:19
- Wisconsin: "Starting in 2012, voters will have to present a valid driver's license or approved photo ID befor... (cont) June 18, 2011 @ 10:08
- U.S. "Liberals" are conditioned (brainwashed) against conspiratorial-thinking: Deregulate, crash the economy... (cont) June 18, 2011 @ 10:33
- US foreign policy toward Haiti: Dumbest & racist? http://nblo.gs/jiuxf..... June 18, 2011 @ 11:13
- Some (not all) valid points: "They Stumble Who Run Fast: Roubini and Mihm's 'Crisis Economics'": Independent Institute http://t.co/JXbzHad..... June 18, 2011 @ 12:06
- Look for the red OMRI (Organic Materials Review Institute) seal of approval for organically certified products. June 18, 2011 @ 12:42
- "...with AARP being so wavering in its support of elders, hopefully, two outstanding organizations — the Allia... (cont) June 18, 2011 @ 13:06
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/p_yp-pMjuvc?a..... NCPSSM Medicare/Social Security Radio Ad Campaign June 18, 2011 @ 13:14
- Look, you can be against homosexuality and violence against homosexuals at the same time. June 18, 2011 @ 13:25
- Wants some stem cell moisturizer? 1oz will set you back $190. Woosh! http://t.co/NEhFA7S..... June 18, 2011 @ 13:48
- Laissez-faire? No way! "9 Countries That Do It Better: Why Does Europe Take Better Care of Its People Than America?" June 18, 2011 @ 14:03
- "Fukushima: It's much worse than you think." This is sickening, and it's selfishness/greed that's caused it! http://t.co/8GAG8Rv..... June 18, 2011 @ 14:14
- Assad-Erdogan Bromance on the Rocks? http://t.co/0OdwHPO..... June 18, 2011 @ 14:27
- What the world really thinks about Avigdor Lieberman (According to the WikiLeaks cables) By Nurit Gertz http://t.co/GCc74V1..... June 18, 2011 @ 15:12
- Bahraini Rights Activist Reveals Al-Khalifa Regime's Close Ties with Israel June 18, 2011 @ 15:27
- The Secret Wars of the Saudi-Israeli Alliance http://t.co/KoTqzxr..... June 19, 2011 @ 03:00
- Stupid (regardless of what side you're on): "Gay Girl in Damascus": Tom MacMaster, American, fictional lesbian blogger http://t.co/6Ri5MG9..... June 19, 2011 @ 03:32
- The chief of the Saudi Tribe (Saudi king Abdullah) hates Shiite Islam more than he hates political Zionism. June 19, 2011 @ 04:28
- Gordon Duff, pro- or anti-WikiLeaks regarding Israel? "False Flag Anti-Semite Spammers Tied to Spy/Terror Groups" http://nblo.gs/jjZ36..... June 19, 2011 @ 06:18
- "World economy slides deeper into slump": What's the quick answer? http://nblo.gs/jk2Rp..... June 19, 2011 @ 07:28
- Putting People Directly to Work Is "Too Radical" For Congress - COLORLINES http://nblo.gs/jkala..... June 19, 2011 @ 08:39
- After about 2 weeks of fighting computer problems, it appears I've finally whipped them. Everything seems to be working better than new... June 19, 2011 @ 09:36
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/kEPob3kQ-6g?a..... Global financial crisis-On the Edge with Max Keiser-05-20-2011- June 19, 2011 @ 10:21
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/sX7M3w02Bfw?a..... Global financial crisis-On the Edge with Max Keiser-05-20-2011- June 19, 2011 @ 10:53
- Interesting Bitcoin discussion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....age#t=780s June 20, 2011 @ 07:29
- Bitcoin Prices Plummet on Hacked Exchange | Threat Level | Wired.com http://t.co/E4FBvb3..... June 20, 2011 @ 09:12
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/AuGDGgmB64I?a..... Buddy Roemer slams corporate influence June 20, 2011 @ 14:34
- It's time for you to go, Clarence. "Justice Thomas Caught Up In Yet Another Ethical Tangle" http://t.co/fafuuea..... June 20, 2011 @ 14:44
- Dr. Abu Sitta, new atlas, 1917-1966, 700 pages, detailed information, British Mandate, Palestine, the Nakba... http://t.co/GZDlazm..... June 21, 2011 @ 07:36
- Talk about favoring the super-rich corporations over everyone else, this is actually offense: "It will cost ... (cont) June 21, 2011 @ 08:44
- Sheila Bair's Legacy: Bailouts, Secrecy And Power Grabs: Newsroom: The Independent Institute: http://t.co/zsdBaCR..... via @AddThis June 21, 2011 @ 09:18
- Facebook Gets Multicultural About China and Censorship http://t.co/SRESmbn..... June 21, 2011 @ 09:26
- This is not an argument for new nuclear-power plants but no nuclear-power plants: "Tritium, which is a radioac... (cont) June 21, 2011 @ 17:52
- Mapping Palestine: For its Survival and Destruction: Why the Zionist Project is a racist pack of lies http://nblo.gs/jua16..... June 21, 2011 @ 19:17
- On "The Romance of Birthright Israel | The Nation" and more, much more http://nblo.gs/jvtwx..... June 22, 2011 @ 08:50
- Saudis, since Mubarak's ouster, have given the Egyptian military billions to buy them, to keep them from becoming anti-absolute-monarchical. June 22, 2011 @ 09:44
- "After Mubarak, Fighting For Press Freedom in Egypt" http://www.thenation.com/artic.....edom-egypt June 22, 2011 @ 09:46
- "...the "libertarian" right moves to take the risks of unemployment, disease, and, yes, accidents of birth, an... (cont) June 22, 2011 @ 12:36
- "The difference between civil libertarians and selfish jerks," by digby http://t.co/9lpJqAG..... June 22, 2011 @ 12:47
- Bill Gross, co-founder of investment-management giant PIMCO, says we need public-spending for employment now! I agree. http://t.co/FRIljKt..... June 22, 2011 @ 12:53
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)