- Anthrax Attacks Cover-Up: FBI Lab Reports on Anthrax Attacks Suggest Another Miscue http://t.co/ltoSpkp..... June 27, 2011 @ 00:10
- "Crisis is Not Behind Us" Publicly Funded, Federal Full-Employment Plan | TheRealNews http://nblo.gs/jGCQe..... June 27, 2011 @ 02:06
- The Superrich are Waging Class Warfare Against Everyone Else: "Austerity in Greece Meant to Break Workers' Resistanc... http://nblo.gs/jGCQd..... June 27, 2011 @ 02:06
- High Deficits were the Objective of Right Economics (Part 2 of 2) | TheRealNews http://nblo.gs/jGCQf..... June 27, 2011 @ 02:06
- Keynes, Crisis and Monopoly Capitalism | TheRealNews http://t.co/GCcdg5E..... via @AddToAny June 27, 2011 @ 02:18
- Austerity Hawks Want a Return to 1920's Capitalism | TheRealNews http://t.co/teiSGjX..... via @AddToAny June 27, 2011 @ 02:19
- Investigative Update: Congressional Backed Corporate Killers & Time Release Genocide | presstorm.com http://nblo.gs/jIOrM..... June 27, 2011 @ 22:09
- "...according to Simon Baron Cohen- evil is not the issue." Of course evil is the issue. A lack of empathy is evil. Why play word games? June 27, 2011 @ 22:24
- These Fake Chinese Microchips Were Made To Disarm U.S. Missiles http://t.co/mdEK55R..... June 28, 2011 @ 00:19
- People said, "Drill baby, drill." I said there'll be a disaster. People said, "We need nuclear plants." I said there'll be another sign. June 28, 2011 @ 01:00
- Republicans yell, "States' Rights." Republican governors strip locals of theirs. June 28, 2011 @ 01:40
- UPDATED: On "The Romance of Birthright Israel | The Nation" and more, much more http://t.co/IYK3KiQ..... via @AddToAny June 28, 2011 @ 02:23
- Good article: "Why Are Conservatives Scared of Cameron Diaz?: 'White Hispanics' are white people...." http://t.co/Qrr7x3J..... June 28, 2011 @ 02:33
- Stop the unchecked fracking of our water. Tell your Senator co-sponsor the FRAC Act: CREDOMobile June 28, 2011 @ 02:50 @
- Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan lost the moral high-ground by blocking the Mavi Marmara from sailing to Gaza. June 28, 2011 @ 03:12
- "Pride Parade"? "Pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall." They really do. Mark my words. I'll stand by them. June 28, 2011 @ 03:22
- "TSA Forces 95-Year-Old Woman to Remove Adult Diaper in Patdown" No! You have to be kidding. OMG (and I don't say that in vain). Stupid!!!!! June 28, 2011 @ 03:28
- What do you think? "...requiring a parental oversight to purchase an adult product has been undermined by the court." http://t.co/Gpk7BcG..... June 28, 2011 @ 04:34
- "...second-largest agricultural producer in the U.S.... ...many of those who produce those goods are on food stamps." http://t.co/rmh67th..... June 28, 2011 @ 14:18
- Fascist Israeli For. Min. Avigdor Lieberman liar. Gaza Freedom Flotilla not seeking "confrontation and blood" - pledged non-violence. June 28, 2011 @ 15:56
- The International Criminal Court's secular problem is inconsistency. How can you rightfully arrest Qaddaffi but ignore Dick Cheney's crimes? June 28, 2011 @ 16:12
- The International Criminal Court has an arrest warrant out for Sudan's President Bashir. The Chinese dictatorship just had him for a visit. June 28, 2011 @ 16:18
- Toward the end of his term, Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao calls for open democratic-socialism for China rather than dictatorial capitalism. June 28, 2011 @ 16:30
- The majority of Israeli political-Zionists are secular, but God gave them the land. Is there anything dumber or less legitimate? June 28, 2011 @ 16:46
- AFP reported today that Israel is arresting Hamas MP's in the West Bank. It doesn't state the charges or authority. Such bad reporting. June 28, 2011 @ 16:54
- Settlement rabbi Yosef Elitzur says enemy babies may be killed, non-Jews "uncompassionate by nature," attacks "curb their evil inclination." June 28, 2011 @ 17:19
- Gaza Freedom Flotilla ship propeller shaft cut by illegal-Zionist saboteurs violating International Law. Will be fixed — sail for Gaza. June 28, 2011 @ 17:23
- Israeli Lt. Col. Avital Leibovich (professional-Zionist liar) lying that the Gaza Freedom Flotilla has sulfuric acid to use on the IDF. June 28, 2011 @ 17:36
- Total-Garbage Reporting: "Greece faces general strike, more cuts planned" - AP http://nblo.gs/jL6Jx..... June 28, 2011 @ 18:25
- Short Post on China's Fearful Dictatorship, Qaddaffi, and the ICC http://nblo.gs/jLaZL..... June 28, 2011 @ 18:51
- Obama's stimulus program failed to create enough jobs because it was way too small and wasn't targeted to jobs but banks. It's not too late. June 28, 2011 @ 18:53
- "Gunmen burst into the office of the police chief of a northern Mexico city and shot him to death Monday" with US ATF supplied guns? June 28, 2011 @ 18:57
- Some flawed reasoning but otherwise worth reading: "AP IMPACT: NRC and industry rewrite nuke history" http://nblo.gs/jLhf0..... June 28, 2011 @ 19:34
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)