- Twitter Digest: June 28, 2011 http://nblo.gs/jLrRl..... June 28, 2011 @ 20:36
- War Powers Act Doesn't Apply to Obama's Libyan War, Eland Argues http://t.co/j5San7w..... via @AddThis June 28, 2011 @ 21:37
- "Public companies shouldn't have to compare CEO and worker pay" It's not just about "investors but also public policy. http://t.co/NTd19Rk..... June 28, 2011 @ 21:42
- Frontpage Magazine : Why Israel Needs to Get Serious about Treason http://ff.im/GPBG7..... June 28, 2011 @ 21:42
- Documents: Industry Privately Skeptical of Shale Gas http://t.co/kIawo0c..... June 28, 2011 @ 21:48
- Private/corporate capitalistic monopolies & democracies do not mix. Which do you want? Which is the real serfdom. The first is feudalism. June 28, 2011 @ 22:20
- Let me clue you in on something in case you don't know it. Progressivism is not, hasn't been, and won't be synonymous with homosexuality. June 28, 2011 @ 22:28
- "Sabotage of MV Saoirse in Turkey: 'An Act of International Terrorism'," by Irish Ship to Gaza. Zionists? Need you ask? http://t.co/VnOENV0..... July 1, 2011 @ 02:33
- My Christian friend, Eileen Fleming, wrote an article about Bob Dylan playing Israel. I left a comment: July 1, 2011 @ 04:21
- "India's health minister...outraged activists...calling homosexuality a 'disease'...'completely unnatural.'" How many Indians were thrilled? July 5, 2011 @ 06:34
- Everyone picks on FOX over its "Fair and Balanced" crap, but how many others are actually fair and balanced? July 5, 2011 @ 06:36
- I'm glad I held off on the Dominique Strauss-Kahn pile-on. In American football, people pile on a tackle crushing the tackled player. July 5, 2011 @ 06:43
- Noam Chomsky asked Hugo Chavez to release judge for releasing banker who was under Arbitrary Detention (per Human Rights Watch & UN). July 5, 2011 @ 06:57
- If my account reports Obama's been assassinated when he hasn't, my account's been hacked or maybe I've retweeted a hacked-FOX tweet. July 5, 2011 @ 07:02
- Egyptian people: Win the election followed by rewriting your Constitution and attaining Truth & Reconciliation. You will be Great Egypt. July 5, 2011 @ 07:09
- The UN, the Security Council, Syria, Iran, and secret nuclear-weapons programs.... What about Israel's hundreds of secret nuclear weapons? July 5, 2011 @ 07:13
- China's nasty sulfur-coal burning slowed Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW). They are now scrubbing out the sulfur emissions. Warming is up! July 5, 2011 @ 07:18
- If a homosexual makes unwanted sexual advances towards a heterosexual man, what are that heterosexual man's rights? What's his recourse? July 5, 2011 @ 07:26
- Kosovo was set up by the US against Russian aspirations — to further check Russia. Serbia & Kosovo should re-merge. Yugoslavia was better. July 5, 2011 @ 07:31
- Repeat after me: Interest-and-tax-free United States Notes. Also: Gold is elitist. The plutocrats have the most gold. Think about it. July 5, 2011 @ 07:47
- Austerity is for suckers. Buying into cutting spending and reducing taxes is for suckers. The superrich will imprison the masses in poverty. July 5, 2011 @ 07:51
- People want to risk their lives to break the illegal blockade of Gaza. It's not the cowardly Greek government's business to stop them. July 5, 2011 @ 07:57
- The people on the Gaza Freedom Flotilla II are sworn to non-violence. What would the Zionists do to them if they sailed toward Gaza? July 5, 2011 @ 07:58
- The Egyptians should build a large sea port at the Gazan border in defiance of the Zionist land thieves. It would benefit the world. July 5, 2011 @ 08:01
- If George H. W. Bush had had the "Vision Thing" in spades, the US and Russia actually could have merged. Imagine that. The window was open. July 5, 2011 @ 08:15
- Seif al-Islam Qaddaffi said Qaddaffi's ready for a ceasefire, new constitution, and elections. Well, cease firing. The other will happen. July 5, 2011 @ 08:21
- Are pedophiles born that way? Is there a pedophile gene? Should it be LGBTP? How many other possibilities are there, the whole alphabet? July 5, 2011 @ 08:33
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)