- Twitter Digest: July 15, 2011 http://nblo.gs/krYyW..... July 15, 2011 @ 13:57
- Where are the "Human-Caused Loss Of Big Predators Disrupts Earth Ecosystem" deniers? No oil-money in it? http://t.co/NcNxggE..... July 16, 2011 @ 06:00
- Zionists bulldoze Palestinian homes in the West Bank for not being properly zoned & having no permits. Where do these Israeli-Nazis get off? July 16, 2011 @ 06:41
- How can the Zionists tell Palestinians the Palestinians can't build homes in the West Bank? Who gave the West Bank to the fascist Zionists? July 16, 2011 @ 06:43
- "Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions (ICAHD) launched its ninth Summer Rebuilding Camp" http://t.co/tVouuku..... July 16, 2011 @ 06:45
- Tom Drake (NSA whistle-blower) gets year of probation. If anyone should have been slapped, it should have been the NSA. http://t.co/MBbxqPD..... July 16, 2011 @ 06:56
- Farmers need to check seeds before they buy or plant them. "Hungary destroys all GMO maize fields" - BlackListedNews http://shar.es/HkHkf..... July 16, 2011 @ 07:31
- First Demonstration of Time Cloaking - Technology Review: AddThis July 16, 2011 @ 07:58 via @
- Intell Analyst Sacked For Calling 9/11, 7/7/ Monstrous Lie http://shar.es/HkHOo..... "Your beliefs are very sincere and you may be right, but..." July 16, 2011 @ 08:15
- If humans can't add too much greenhouse gas to the air, they can't exterminate species or pollute oceans, land, ground water, or anything. July 16, 2011 @ 08:44
- Bleier's Blog: "Taibbi closes in on Obama" It was clear before the election that Obama would cave and cave and cave... http://t.co/GCVIYxJ..... July 16, 2011 @ 09:01
- You're either with NATO or you're with Qaddaffi. Wrong! I'm not with either. July 16, 2011 @ 09:27
- @GreeGreece United States Notes would be better. July 16, 2011 @ 09:28
- The US is not a family that must live within its means. Austerity is a sham of privatizers. United States Notes Now! July 16, 2011 @ 09:33
- True, but don't caved. "Debt Political Theater Diverts Attention While Americans' Wealth Is Stolen," Dennis Kucinich. http://t.co/PUtt1ir..... July 16, 2011 @ 09:53
- Alan Greenspan is asinine. His selfishness and utter stupidity helped in a major way to bring on de-regulation-caused economic depression. July 16, 2011 @ 10:51
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/3pZzPOQ-Rxw?a..... Oil Baron Al Gore Exposed As Carbon Scammer! July 16, 2011 @ 21:29
- Gore never had a Controlling interest that I can find. $250K hardly controlled. (@YouTube http://youtu.be/3pZzPOQ-Rxw?a.....) July 16, 2011 @ 21:57
- It's not OK for a mayor, but it's OK for the Feds. "Former NM mayor admits to gun smuggling" KRQE News 13 July 16, 2011 @ 22:12
- Campaigners seek arrest of former CIA legal chief over Pakistan drone attacks | World news | The Guardian http://nblo.gs/kvdyp..... July 16, 2011 @ 22:33
- Rich Siegel is getting tired of debating Obamabots http://nblo.gs/kvggL..... July 16, 2011 @ 23:08
- The bailout/stimulus should still go to Main Street, not Wall Street. "American People Are Starting To Freak Out" http://t.co/Q0TImkJ..... July 16, 2011 @ 23:47
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/vtwhC3dYQwo?a..... CIA Paid Warlord Heroin Smuggler Ahmed Wali Karzai Killed By CI July 17, 2011 @ 00:28
- Why didn't Former Sen. Bob Graham mention the FBI connection? "Saudi Arabia: Friend or Foe? Asks Senator Bob Graham" http://t.co/4mqJIhA..... July 17, 2011 @ 00:45
- Nakba before '48 & Arab armies were weaker than Zionists': "Picking Apart the NYT/Zionist Narrative on the Nakba" http://t.co/nb7URzq..... July 17, 2011 @ 01:35
- @PalestineCenter http://t.co/ceUXLqD..... needs to point to an updated Facebook page. July 17, 2011 @ 01:41
- The "Palestinian Gandhi Project" http://t.co/WELxifp..... July 17, 2011 @ 02:10
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/6P5PN_JVpL8?a..... Stop The Machine! July 17, 2011 @ 02:31
- "Study: Internet makes us remember less." Not "makes" but can "allow" in narrowed scopes. July 17, 2011 @ 04:53
- One wanting a psychologist's or psychiatrist's assistance in overcoming or lessening same-sex attraction has that personal right, fascists. July 17, 2011 @ 07:56
- "Marcus Bachmann Responds to Claims of 'Curing' Gays" "The truth of the matter is he specifically asked [lied... (cont) July 17, 2011 @ 08:10
- @Nakkiran "I've had direct, personal confirmation of God's existence. <- letter/phone/fax/email?" Guess. July 17, 2011 @ 08:22
- BEYOND FED TRANSFERS AND DEBT: 95% Of Americans Are Getting Poorer Every Year http://t.co/mBEpfUZ..... July 17, 2011 @ 11:07
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/dWeUNoR30_0?a..... SHOCKING DOCUMENTARY 3- False spirits invade the church - KUNDA July 18, 2011 @ 02:57
- Cliff Schecter quoted Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Why write, Cliff? July 18, 2011 @ 03:46
- "Israel's boycott law: The quiet sound of going fascist." To me, it's not quiet but rather screaming. http://t.co/ujdAy4C..... July 18, 2011 @ 04:14
- After the BP oil disaster & knowing that fracking is from Hell, most Americans moronically think we don't do enough to develop US oil & gas. July 18, 2011 @ 04:32
- "Voters say overwhelmingly...they would not vote for or against a...candidate solely because of the religion he or she practices." Satanism? July 18, 2011 @ 04:34
- "51% Say Gov't Should Force Oil Companies To Use Profits To Develop Alternative Energy." There's hope, although "force" is problematic. July 18, 2011 @ 04:36
- "Most Americans Give Constitution High Marks, Say Don't Change It." Most Americans have never read it & don't know it isn't being followed. July 18, 2011 @ 04:38
- "53% Favor Repeal of" Obamacare. Before it entered Senate hearings, a majority of Americans favored single-payer. Obama blew it / sold out! July 18, 2011 @ 04:44
- Actually, US unemployment is not @ 9 % but 18%+. "The People [Americans] Want Higher Taxes" http://t.co/QnDR29z..... July 18, 2011 @ 04:55
- The National Education Association has already endorsed Obama for 2012. How stupid. Obama has been extremely weak for unions & teachers. July 18, 2011 @ 05:01
- I was surprised to learn from Julian Assange that Tim Geithner said the corporate financial-blockade on WikiLeaks is illegal. Good for Tim. July 18, 2011 @ 05:04
- "23% Confident Policymakers Know What They're Doing About The Economy." I'm confident they know they're doing the Plutocrats' bidding.
- "72% Favor Free Market Economy Over One Managed by the Government." A so-called Free-Market Economy will mean toll sidewalks. Do ya want it? July 18, 2011 @ 05:22
- "55% Say Decreased Government Spending Good for the Economy." Government spending, per se, isn't bad. Giving the money to banksters was bad. July 18, 2011 @ 05:27
- "Most Voters Think President Obama is More Liberal Than They Are." Liberal? He sounds like a Zionist, neocon, & neoliberal rolled into one. July 18, 2011 @ 05:31
- "67% Oppose Upcoming Ban on Traditional Light Bulbs." One good place for "Traditional Light Bulbs" is where the light goes on & off a lot. July 18, 2011 @ 06:02
- Are they making energy-efficient light bulbs that don't burn out early if they are flicked on & off, on & off? July 18, 2011 @ 06:05
- Tell Paul Ryan championing tax breaks for Big Oil while profiting from the oil industry is wrong. But I'm not a voter. http://t.co/mXCRnXq..... July 18, 2011 @ 06:18
- Protect the Social Safety Net: Say NO to Cutting Medicare / SS. I don't vote for, or donate to, secular politicians. http://t.co/93pq5tO..... July 18, 2011 @ 06:23
- "The question put to me was: "Why do you think President Obama should raise MPG standards?" My answer is tha... (cont) July 18, 2011 @ 06:33
- "The People Have Spoken: Drop the Plan to End Medicare." http://t.co/4SGi0nW..... July 18, 2011 @ 06:52
- Amnesty & HRW don't find evidence of rape, mercenaries, heavy weapons against civilians on Yemeni/Syrian scale in Libya. http://t.co/7fQC9hY..... July 18, 2011 @ 07:08
- Drone Wars: "Metal Allies: The new face of a faceless global war: drones and the CIA." http://t.co/yTCyzlz..... July 18, 2011 @ 07:26
- Gaza: "...living on just over 1 dollar a day, has tripled to 300,000...." http://t.co/eSWUprE..... July 18, 2011 @ 07:37
- How did the Greeks obtain the right to deny non-Greeks to leave Greece to sail to Gaza? They don't really have it. July 18, 2011 @ 07:58
- Why Does Hillary Clinton Want to See a Holocaust Jew Killed? http://t.co/nyI2Rne..... July 18, 2011 @ 08:07
- Just because Syrian guards have been killed doesn't mean the official Syrian government's statements have been truthful all along. July 18, 2011 @ 08:46
- Just because there are lies about Qaddaffi doesn't negate that his forces killed the unarmed and he threatened a house-to-house bloodbath. July 18, 2011 @ 08:49
- ICC instrument of war. US, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Yemen, Iraq, guilty of crimes court alleges Gaddafi committed. http://t.co/7dZSBKy..... July 18, 2011 @ 09:43
- The US austerity plan is a long-term scam (planned years ago) to raid (privatize) taxpayer-owned assets (gov.) for pennies on the dollar. July 18, 2011 @ 09:53
- U.S. sparks global, drone arms-race http://t.co/UDd63uS..... July 18, 2011 @ 10:17
- I didn't come away thinking Chomsky had bashed Hugo. "Extreme Dishonesty": The Guardian, Noam Chomsky, and Venezuela http://t.co/QZqvxWE..... July 18, 2011 @ 10:40
- I gain more Twitter followers when I don't tweet. Ha! July 19, 2011 @ 05:36
- BRITAIN: Conscientious objector Michael Lyons sentenced to 7 months' detention http://t.co/5pcDOcq..... July 19, 2011 @ 05:37
- No nation has the right to tell anyone to fight and perhaps kill or go to prison or face a firing squad or any other punishment. July 19, 2011 @ 05:39
- Responses to Humberto Leal Execution: Texas v. US treaty obligation (Supreme Law of the Land, per the US Constitution): http://t.co/KudR2bt..... July 19, 2011 @ 05:52
- Zionist pirates, by force of arms and in international waters, seized a French yacht traveling toward Gazan waters to land in Gaza. July 20, 2011 @ 07:28
- On August 9th, 6 union-busting, Republican, state senators in Wisconsin will face recall elections. That will be an interesting day. July 20, 2011 @ 07:35
- "...any mortgage assignments made later than specified in the agreements would be void." Of course. July 20, 2011 @ 07:49
- "Men who pay for sex are more likely than non-buyers to commit a variety of offenses, including violent crimes against women." Of course. July 20, 2011 @ 07:56
- I'd rather raise taxes on Plutocrat ripoff-artists than cut Social Security, Medicare, or Medicaid. How anyone could disagree is beyond me. July 20, 2011 @ 08:13
- I'm not a Bachmann fan, but she doesn't have to run from the issue of sexual anarchy. There is such a thing, & it's not good. July 20, 2011 @ 08:27
- Republican Herman Cain says American communities can block mosques. They cannot. The free-exercise clause guarantees mosques. July 20, 2011 @ 08:31
- "Syrian security forces open fire on a funeral procession, killing up to 10." Reports claim the CIA has been funding shooters too. July 20, 2011 @ 08:59
- The sooner the better that the Egyptian military gets out of running that country. Hurry up! July 20, 2011 @ 09:04
- Why is it that when the mainstream media write of Yemen they use the expression "radical Islamists" rather than rebels? They aren't sure. July 20, 2011 @ 09:11
- Syria: If people (Syrian gov. agents or CIA assets) have been sniping from rooftops, why hasn't the opposition been guarding roof accesses? July 20, 2011 @ 09:26
- Is a "de-Baathification" a good idea for Egypt? It would seems that high-ranking Mubarak ministers should not still be in high positions. July 20, 2011 @ 09:40
- @CineversityTV People on both the left and right play the name-game. Many lefties hate the Libyan "rebels" but don't believe in AQAP. July 20, 2011 @ 09:44
- Turkish PM Erdogan says he wants to visit Gaza. He should do it by sailing directly there and on the Mavi Marmara. July 20, 2011 @ 09:50
- David Arnold, of Robb Report, says the wealthy aren't embarrassed about flaunting their wealth. I say, they're dead from the heart up. July 20, 2011 @ 11:56
- "Gold at $1,600: So What?" http://yhoo.it/oWEGN2..... July 20, 2011 @ 12:01
- "Google began delivering warning notices along with search results to computers that appear infected with [a] virus." Good idea. July 20, 2011 @ 12:04
- Facebook has removed all ads for Google+. Maybe Google will remove all things Facebook from Google search results. That's about FB's level. July 20, 2011 @ 12:11
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)