- Twitter Digest: July 22, 2011 http://nblo.gs/kIZJc..... July 22, 2011 @ 12:41
- @GreeGreece @afcoory @Todzilla Darwinian evolution concerns speciation. Morphing flu isn't there. Anyway, I have to get to work. Peace. July 22, 2011 @ 12:49
- Cenk Uygur Press Conference: I Left MSNBC So I Could Tell the Truth http://nblo.gs/kL0mB..... July 23, 2011 @ 06:05
- Frankly, at the very least, the veto should go. "UNSC reform: an "adamant" India was biggest irritant for US: Wikileaks" http://t.co/NdKlI9b..... July 23, 2011 @ 06:41
- AJE - Al Jazeera English is down (for me anyway). http://t.co/d4iT4YK..... July 23, 2011 @ 07:31
- I had wanted to go read this: "Drugs and money: Obama puts myth over science" http://t.co/mGjWond..... July 23, 2011 @ 07:35
- Oh, here's former KKK member, David Duke, being "anti-Semitic" exposing past & present Zionist/Jewish organized crime. http://t.co/3wq3Fwm..... July 23, 2011 @ 08:40
- I favorited a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/tZOfDE2Y4lE?a..... Israel: The Promised Land for Organized Crime - 2 July 23, 2011 @ 08:57
- No, I don't agree with everything David Duke says, but I don't disagree with everything either. Try it. It's better than all or nothing. July 23, 2011 @ 09:24
- RT @GreeGreece: Tony Thomas: "News International was paying people to interfere with police officers and wer... (cont) July 23, 2011 @ 09:38
- "...corporate tax receipts accounted for 30 percent of US federal revenues in the mid-1950s. In 2009, they made up just 6.6 percent...." July 23, 2011 @ 11:27
- Banning Corporate Personhood: How Communities Are Taking the Law Back from Big Companies http://nblo.gs/kLm0C..... July 23, 2011 @ 11:36
- Glenn Greenwald: In Zionist circles, an act of terrorism isn't called terrorism unless a Muslim is the suspect. http://t.co/emHi2FG..... July 23, 2011 @ 13:17
- "...until the blockade on Gaza is lifted, relations between our countries will not normalize," Erdogan said. http://t.co/vzDiCr0..... July 23, 2011 @ 14:07
- New Report Exposes Wall Street Lobby Against CEO Pay Reform | Common Dreams http://nblo.gs/kLDJm..... July 23, 2011 @ 14:53
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/vqK07V3PfCc?a..... FIGHTING Father Dave Smith and Candidate for U.S. House of Repr July 24, 2011 @ 01:59
- "Walid Shoebat: Church Propagandist [& faker] for Evangelical Zionism, Homeland Security Anti-Terrorist Trainer" http://t.co/tssnAjo..... July 24, 2011 @ 02:07
- "Dysfunctional" Too Polite to Describe Tea Party Congress - Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢ http://nblo.gs/kMMd1..... July 24, 2011 @ 03:40
- Hogwash: "We keep hearing...what the government should do to create jobs. ...the reality is that it can do precious little." — John Mauldin July 24, 2011 @ 03:42
- Obama's Finance Chair [literally] Broils Striking Hotel Workers http://t.co/w1DpIwM..... from @firedoglake BDS Hyatt Hotels? July 24, 2011 @ 06:26
- #http://nblo.gs/kN1FX..... July 24, 2011 @ 09:12 #AntiSec Arizona Hacks Reveal US Marines Being Used As Contract Killers
- The elites have not been trying to re-inflate the housing market. Bernanke has (@YouTube http://youtu.be/WvUJpvxJvxE?a.....) July 24, 2011 @ 11:06
- Max Keiser talks with economist Michael Hudson, Keiser Report: Europe's Neo Feudalism (E162)" - YouTube http://nblo.gs/kNgOM..... July 24, 2011 @ 12:32
- Actually, the melting permafrost and ice is going to be a major problem for tho (@YouTube http://youtu.be/WwxzwnpqE4I?a.....) July 24, 2011 @ 12:47
- The elites have not been trying to re-inflate the housing market. Bernanke has (@YouTube http://youtu.be/WvUJpvxJvxE?a.....) July 25, 2011 @ 08:22
- This is good! "Shareable: Pay-What-You-Can CafÃ©s Share the Bounty with Those in Need" http://t.co/T2nb08I..... July 25, 2011 @ 12:50
- Plutocracy: If Corporations and the Rich Paid 1960s-Level Taxes, the Debt Would Vanish | | AlterNet http://nblo.gs/kPlo2..... July 25, 2011 @ 13:23
- Concerning Dominique Strauss-Kahn & Nafissatou Diallo, I keep seeing "forced her to perform fellatio." How? Gun, knife, fists, threats...? July 26, 2011 @ 09:35
- "400 Richest Americans Pay An 18% Tax Rate": 40% until the George W. Bush tax-cuts-for-the-rich of 2003. http://t.co/sX9exDn..... July 26, 2011 @ 10:31
- Nigeria exports huge quantities of oil. Nigeria's poor can't afford cooking fuel. That's partly due to bad, corrupt, bought-off leadership. July 26, 2011 @ 11:17
- AFP reports that persistent organic pollutants (POPs) are being released from melting arctic snow & ice due to Anthropogenic Global Warming. July 26, 2011 @ 12:47
- The background sound is obnoxious, and I'm leaving on account of it for one. (@YouTube July 26, 2011 @ 13:04 )
- Message to Max Keiser: "Protests halt gold mining in El Salvador" - YouTube" http://nblo.gs/kSams..... July 26, 2011 @ 13:30
- Libya's lawyers build case against Gaddafi" - YouTube http://nblo.gs/kSeit..... July 26, 2011 @ 13:58
- I favorited a @YouTube video "The Poor Get Poorer! The Rich Get Richer! That's Where We' July 26, 2011 @ 14:26
- Paul Roberts point about the power of the purse shifting hands is extremely imp (@YouTube http://youtu.be/CBGQD-GrXTE?a.....) July 26, 2011 @ 15:36
- Alex Jones just repeated a hoax by Leo Taxil about the writings of Albert Pike. (@YouTube http://youtu.be/t94gpoOgIOQ?a.....) July 26, 2011 @ 15:54
- Great interview with a refreshing Israeli Jew: "Paranoid Israel sees Gaza flotilla as another attack" http://nblo.gs/kSwbi..... July 26, 2011 @ 16:20
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/g0HiOZDv5VE?a..... 'Germany's rebel cash flow to keep Libyan oil in pipeline' July 26, 2011 @ 16:41
- @CineversityTV 'Radiation turns up in all kinds of food products in Japan' http://t.co/NcMnCRp..... July 26, 2011 @ 16:51
- Michel Warschawski: Netanyahu's "4,000-year" connection with the land is "so childish." I agree. http://nblo.gs/kSETt..... July 26, 2011 @ 17:35
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/557KHBBMPUY?a..... Pt3 Age of Greed: The 90's and "Finance is Always Good" July 26, 2011 @ 19:35
- Paul Jay interviews Jeff Madrick, author of "Age Of Greed, the Triumph of Finance and the Decline of America, 1970 t... http://nblo.gs/kSXwY..... July 26, 2011 @ 19:52
- Presidential politics places NARTH (National Association for Research & Therapy of Homosexuality) issues on front page http://nblo.gs/kUbC4..... July 27, 2011 @ 08:17
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)