I may not agree 100% with Joseph Nicolosi, but he is so unfairly heavily censored and his research and work so mischaracterized and deliberately distorted by pro-homosexuality false propagandists that I thought I'd give him a tiny additional bit of exposure via this blog site.
Before any homosexuals become unglued, let me state emphatically that as a Christian, I am opposed to coercion. I do not vote for the government to make homosexual behavior a punishable offense. That is not to say I condone homosexuality. I do not.
By the way, no one has a "right" to have his comment(s) remain public on this site. Comments are a privilege that may be retracted. Immaturity in comments will not be tolerated for long if at all.
The following is from Dr. Joseph Nicolosi on his YouTube channel:
Exodus International - Freedom Conference - Part 1
From: josephnicolosi | Jan 10, 2011
Please visit http://josephnicolosi.com/ for articles and more videos by Dr. Joseph Nicolosi.
My name is Dr. Joseph Nicolosi. For many years, I have been assisting men and women —mostly, persons who are still at a crossroads about their sexual identity— to reduce their same-sex attractions and explore their heterosexual potential.
Perhaps you experience same-sex attractions, but you believe you were not destined to be gay. You believe that these feelings do not represent "who you really are."
If this is your belief, then you may be interested in my posted videos and my website, josephnicolosi.com. I am a licensed clinical psychologist who shares your vision of humanity. I believe that our bodies tell us who we are, and that our bodies have made us for heterosexuality, gender complementarity, and opposite-sex parenting.
I have helped many men reduce their unwanted same-sex attractions, so that they lose their compelling, life-disrupting power, and assisted them in exploring and developing their heterosexual potential.
In 1992, I and two psychiatrists organized a professional association called NARTH— the National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality (see www.narth.com). Today, NARTH has over 1000 members around the world.
On the NARTH website, see "What Research Shows: NARTH's Response to the American Psychological Association's Claims on Homosexuality." This paper examines over 100 years of professional and scientific literature on the subject of unwanted homosexuality, offering a strong case that for at least some people, sexual orientation and sexual identity can be modified.
Exodus International - Freedom Conference - Part 2
From: josephnicolosi | Jan 10, 2011
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)