- Twitter Digest: July 27, 2011 http://nblo.gs/kUc5o..... July 27, 2011 @ 08:24
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/7t_LxpCY2G8?a..... How To Kill Goyim And Influence People — Torat Ha'melech July 27, 2011 @ 09:54
- Budget surpluses: Raise taxes on the rich, slash the Pentagon, go to single-payer. Eliminate the National Debt via United States Notes. July 27, 2011 @ 10:10
- Tom Ferguson is absolutely right that the US needs a massive jobs program — bigger than the New Deal http://nblo.gs/kUqD8..... July 27, 2011 @ 10:49
- Mark Weisbrot: The Eurozone and ECB (European Central Bank) are neoliberal, regressive http://nblo.gs/kUvbz..... July 27, 2011 @ 11:30
- Rob Johnson nails the anti-democratic wing of the Democratic Party http://nblo.gs/kUxf1..... July 27, 2011 @ 11:48
- Richard Wolff explains: Europeans understand Big-Business evil better than do Americans http://nblo.gs/kUzPT..... July 27, 2011 @ 12:08
- I'm embedding it in a blog post, Bill.
- Bill Still understands with me that the US could pay off its national debt via interest-free United States Notes http://nblo.gs/kULla..... July 27, 2011 @ 13:31
- I favorited a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/MZVeXGf0fS4?a..... Kucinich: "Chained C.P.I Chains Seniors to Poverty" July 27, 2011 @ 13:35
- Very fine. Very fine. I'm embedding it in a blog post now with some comments fo (@YouTube http://youtu.be/tz8Ve6KE-Us?a.....) July 27, 2011 @ 14:20
- Listen Alex Jones. Climategate wasn't, isn't, and never shall be. Peter Sinclair (AKA greenman3610) exposes the truth. http://nblo.gs/kUUaU..... July 27, 2011 @ 14:24
- I favorited a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/8nrvrkVBt24?a..... The "Temp Leads Carbon" Crock: Updated July 27, 2011 @ 14:36
- Excellent. Very informative. Highly educational. (@YouTube http://youtu.be/8nrvrkVBt24?a.....) July 27, 2011 @ 14:37
- Energy Efficiency and Job Creation: Where are the leaders? http://nblo.gs/kV14p..... July 27, 2011 @ 15:03
- Ecological economics is needed, says William Rees in this INET interview. http://nblo.gs/kV8ML..... July 27, 2011 @ 15:51
- War Resisters' International: Join us. http://t.co/wDTENka..... via @causes July 28, 2011 @ 13:51
- Christian Commons Project: Save the World: Conflate the real Heaven with the New Earth. Join us. http://t.co/m7hZELg..... via @causes July 28, 2011 @ 13:53
- Consistently Pro-Life: Anti-war; Love women choosing no abortion. Planned Parenthood: 333 Abortions:1 Adoption Referral. July 28, 2011 @ 14:49
- Fundamentalist/Literalist "Scientific" Creationists, meet Ring Species http://nblo.gs/kY3GM..... July 28, 2011 @ 17:13
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/naKmwXpW8GE?a..... Paul Craig Roberts: The Political Theater and The Debt Ceiling July 28, 2011 @ 18:05
- Alex Jones lets Paul Craig Roberts speak: The US will completely crash unless .... http://nblo.gs/kYlP5..... July 28, 2011 @ 19:01
- "40% Favor Possible Sale of U.S. Postal Service to Lower the Deficit." The cost to consumers & businesses would go up due to profit taking! July 28, 2011 @ 19:09
- "53% Oppose Nutritional Information on Restaurant Menus" 53% don't care enough about people's health, including their own. July 28, 2011 @ 19:13
- The people have more right to video and audio tape police brutality and misconduct than the police have to privacy, and that's my ruling. July 28, 2011 @ 19:27
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/_AbozLXXnCY?a..... Clyburn Larson Call For 14th Amendment Option July 28, 2011 @ 19:59
- I'm now following: Stop the Machine! @July 29, 2011 @ 08:13
- People are saving whales, rhinos, tigers, orangutans, & dolphins while Utah's out to kill 100's of wolves to spare the overly self-centered? July 29, 2011 @ 10:38
- Choice: Stop a teacher from calling students "rude, disengaged, lazy whiners" or find out if they are & if so, correct them. July 29, 2011 @ 10:52
- Egypt media gains reversed by military rulers | Reuters http://nblo.gs/l0hND..... July 29, 2011 @ 13:09
- The "New Twitter" is a huge CPU hog! Believe me. Switch back and load a bunch of Twitter pages. Then try the same with the "New Version. July 30, 2011 @ 15:13
- @spfanstiel My US Postal Service clerk is every bit as nice as the UPS/FedEX clerks. It also applies to the delivery people. Maybe it's you. July 30, 2011 @ 15:18
- Good idea!: "If you put a label on genetically engineered food you might as well put a skull and crossbone... (cont) July 30, 2011 @ 15:27
- "Airport body scanners raise alarm bells with German police." http://bit.ly/oGe42y..... False flag: "US stepped u... (cont) July 30, 2011 @ 15:47
- National Organic Coalition exposing US government food-safety corruption http://nblo.gs/l34aU..... July 30, 2011 @ 16:01
- Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ? (@YouTube http://youtu.be/4t0WP3Ue9I4?a.....) July 31, 2011 @ 15:10
- Don't look now, but the Germans just bought a controlling interest in the European Union. When German bankers say jump, nations will ask... August 2, 2011 @ 01:09
- If the US hadn't deregulated, cut taxes on the rich, and spent trillions on phony wars, we wouldn't be having a deficit-spending debate. August 2, 2011 @ 01:31
- Murdoch's Other Moral Crimes http://nblo.gs/l8Jgt..... August 2, 2011 @ 02:03
- "30% Say Obama Too Confrontational" If it's not 50%, he's too weak! August 2, 2011 @ 02:45
- Deep tax cuts for the super-rich have not helped the US in general but have rather hurt it. August 2, 2011 @ 02:53
- Rasmussen keeps harping that "55% Favor Repeal of Health Care Law" but in favor of what? How many are for single-payer? I am. August 2, 2011 @ 02:56
- Debunking the Big Lie Right-Wingers Use to Justify Black Poverty and Unemployment http://nblo.gs/l8QJg..... August 2, 2011 @ 03:53
- Did you know that "89 percent of Muslim Americans" agree "that violent attacks on civilians" are "never justified"? August 3, 2011 @ 20:34
- Video of Dr. Joseph Nicolosi at Exodus International on Reparative Therapy (in Two Parts) http://t.co/SXPfovP..... via @AddToAny August 3, 2011 @ 20:43
- An anti-justice judge ruled Monday the CIA didn't act in contempt when it destroyed videotapes of the CIA torturing people. August 3, 2011 @ 20:56
- Video of Dr. Joseph Nicolosi at Exodus International on Reparative Therapy (in Two Parts) http://nblo.gs/ldwUy..... August 3, 2011 @ 20:59
- I just watched an all-white chemtrail jet repeatedly turning it's chemtrail off & on & making crosses. It's not from altitude or humidity! August 3, 2011 @ 21:49
- Bashar Assad is being a monster. When protests first started, he could easily have turned them to everyone's advantage & without violence. August 3, 2011 @ 22:15
- Qaddaffi's foolish. He can't crush the rebels. He's leaking. However, global plutocrats are playing Empire games avoiding his quick demise. August 3, 2011 @ 22:21
- Israel enters West Bank to arrest "suspects" under what authority? West Bank isn't theirs. Murder 2 men. US MSM callously indifferent. August 3, 2011 @ 22:46
- How can the UNSC have a RtoP regarding Libya but not Syria or Yemen or Bahrain or Gaza...? Plutocratic Empire games is how! August 3, 2011 @ 22:52
- Common pattern? CIA's Anthony "Tony" Lake is now Executive Director of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF). http://t.co/98w1R10..... August 4, 2011 @ 02:16
- Christian Commons Project | causes.com http://t.co/m7hZELg..... via @causes August 4, 2011 @ 02:35
- United States Notes (@YouTube http://youtu.be/Z4WCenrVptg?a.....) August 4, 2011 @ 16:16
- TheRealNews: Paul Jay with Kevin Gallager: The tyranny of national-bond holders (and what to do about it), by Tom Usher http://t.co/aMmk3Uw..... August 4, 2011 @ 16:28
- If Obama & Hillary Clinton had stood for righteousness, this wouldn't have happened: Honduran Police Thugs Ruin Village http://t.co/8KpUOfp..... August 4, 2011 @ 16:47
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/eJ5bimCm0dM?a..... Debt Ceiling Deal All Cuts No Taxes August 4, 2011 @ 17:02
- Egypt should have already held elections. Delays help so-called Islamists against, among others, freedom of religion. It's obvious. August 4, 2011 @ 17:15
- Censored News in US: More than hope: Arab Spring is contagious even with Jews in the Zionist Project / Israel. http://youtu.be/MBTJaieg-Rs..... August 4, 2011 @ 17:30
- Truth, Justice, and the Un-American Way. August 4, 2011 @ 17:38
- I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/AhMxsu-54pY?a..... Austerity and the Destruction of Democracy August 4, 2011 @ 17:52
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)