- If "Crony Capitalism Is NOT Capitalism," then is crony Socialism, Socialism? August 10, 2011 @ 04:24
- Obama said, "The greatest long-term threat to America's national security is America's debt." Then switch to United States Notes, duh. August 10, 2011 @ 04:55
- Wall Street banksters funded Obama because they knew he would not even be another FDR. We need to do much more than what FDR did. August 10, 2011 @ 05:03
- When the economy tanks even further due directly to deficit-hawk actions, watch them blame everyone else. They already have it planned. August 10, 2011 @ 05:07
- The biggest problem the progressives have is Barack Obama. August 10, 2011 @ 05:13
- Barack Obama will never fall on his sword for progressivism. He was bought off before he even started running for President. August 10, 2011 @ 05:15
- Single-payer was polling well over 50%. Barack Obama never even allowed it to be considered. It never got a real hearing because of him. August 10, 2011 @ 05:18
- US U6 unemployment is 18%+. That's not a majority. Therefore, no one else gives a damn. "It ain't me." Is that it? If so, shame on you! August 10, 2011 @ 05:47
- "69% Say Likely Some Scientists Falsified Global Warming" There was no falsification. Tree-ring data verged in the early-to-mid 1960's. August 10, 2011 @ 05:54
- Are Tea Partiers for or against labeling "food" with artificially genetically modified/engineered poison in it? They don't want to know? August 10, 2011 @ 06:09
- Twitter Digest: August 9, 2011 http://nblo.gs/ltDky..... August 10, 2011 @ 06:11
- British Riots: Elites "Shocked" The Poor Are Rising Up Against Brutal Austerity Measures | AlterNet http://nblo.gs/ltETg..... August 10, 2011 @ 06:37
- When the economy is in a deep hole, you aren't out of a depression just because you mound a little dirt at the bottom & stand on it. August 10, 2011 @ 06:41
- "if government spending...works to grow the economy, why hasn't...government spending already worked to grow the economy?" Placement! August 10, 2011 @ 06:47
- "91% Think Emergency Rooms Should Treat Those Without Health Insurance" Wow, one in ten Americans might just let them die? Evil! August 10, 2011 @ 06:56
- @stacyherbert "On! On! JP State: Kentucky's new state bank" JPMorgan Chase http://t.co/UCsbTKr..... August 10, 2011 @ 07:07
- "New Low: 17% Say U.S. Government Has Consent of the Governed" Stop consenting. Start voting for those who supposedly "can't win." August 10, 2011 @ 07:23
- "What Double Dip? Americans Say the Recession Never Ended." The "growth" has been mostly Wall Street manipulation. August 10, 2011 @ 07:29
- I favorited a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/dW00OqtQyqw?a..... RAWESOME RAID by FDA Aug. 3, 2011 August 11, 2011 @ 03:59
- "Raw-foods club raided by FDA for the second time" SarahBEtvs Channel - YouTube http://nblo.gs/lwtPD..... August 11, 2011 @ 04:28
- 30 years ago, August 5, 1981, Ronald Reagan murdered the US middle class for the sake of his pals, the superrich. http://t.co/HUg3kK6..... August 11, 2011 @ 04:41
- James K. Galbraith correctly says Obama is a fake progressive delivering "conservative" results | Deutsche Welle http://t.co/aWpOHkg..... August 11, 2011 @ 05:52
- Passionately fake: "What Happened to Obama's Passion?" - NYTimes.com http://t.co/ULT6EBK..... via @AddToAny August 11, 2011 @ 05:53
- My comments on the commentary: "Civilization, Barbarism and the Burning Streets of London" Â« Commentary Magazine http://nblo.gs/lwBQp..... August 11, 2011 @ 07:03
- Settlers a familiar source of conflict in Israel's summer of discontent | McClatchy http://nblo.gs/lwCIc..... August 11, 2011 @ 07:17
- Iceland's loud 'No!': Can't pay, won't pay | Links International Journal of Socialist Renewal http://nblo.gs/lwFb6..... August 11, 2011 @ 07:56
- Â» Police Were Ordered To Stand Down As London Burned Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind! http://nblo.gs/lwHlr..... August 11, 2011 @ 08:20
- What is GM "food" that doesn't have to be labeled as such in the US? Fascist food! August 11, 2011 @ 08:33
- I don't agree with his diagnosis and hence his prescription, but I do agree 100 (@YouTube August 11, 2011 @ 09:14 )
- Dylan Ratigan goes after Republicans and Democrats in true progressive fashion, a la Teddy Roosevelt http://nblo.gs/lwMMp..... August 11, 2011 @ 09:22
- The BBC does a disgusting job interviewing Darcus Howe about the global insurrection. http://t.co/QKGykQP..... August 11, 2011 @ 09:41
- Welcome to the global fiefdom. Welcome to Hell on Earth: "Audit: Fed gave $16 trillion in emergency loans" | The Raw... http://nblo.gs/lwUsd..... August 11, 2011 @ 10:19
- Now there are violent flash mobs. We used to say "peace & love." We could get 1/2 million together with no violence for days, weeks.... August 11, 2011 @ 10:48
- Bank Of America's Backdoor Bailout - Dumping Mortgage Trash Onto Taxpayers Via Fannie Mae - Home - The Daily Bail http://nblo.gs/lx3Ff..... August 11, 2011 @ 11:46
- NARTH: Contrary to deliberate distortion of facts, "Sexual Orientation [Homosexual] Change Efforts Do Not Lead to In... http://nblo.gs/lyxpw..... August 11, 2011 @ 21:05
- Anyone who "knows" he or she has empirical evidence that God is a delusion is illogical. @thefreedomguy August 11, 2011 @ 21:17
He needs to get at the root cause. To me, his diagnosis is superfi (@YouTube August 11, 2011 @ 21:34)
- To FORD Motor Company: You don't take State Park land and use it to dump toxic waste. http://t.co/vAZduB2..... August 11, 2011 @ 21:51
- "The number of Americans who believe...government should assume financial responsibility for the long-term unemployed has increased...." August 11, 2011 @ 21:53
- Goodbye Religion? [Hello Illogic] How Godlessness Is Increasing With Each New Generation | | AlterNet http://nblo.gs/lyPzT..... August 11, 2011 @ 22:50
- We need 20+ followers before NetworkedBlogs will generate certain stats about our blog. Please follow. Thank you. http://t.co/m7K1i6Q..... August 11, 2011 @ 22:54
- We need 25+ Facebook users to "like" our page before Facebook will shorten our URL. Please like it. Thank you. http://t.co/gb6AIqm..... August 11, 2011 @ 22:57
- We need 23 more members to reach the next sized group on Causes. Please join and share. http://t.co/VGa1Tj9..... August 11, 2011 @ 23:08
- @thefreedomguy You agreed without realizing it (missed my point) while saying it doesn't make sense. Look again but very carefully. Peace. August 12, 2011 @ 04:09
- There is gigantic ignorance and disinterest. The US does not have to borrow more or tax more to spend more even while avoiding inflation. August 12, 2011 @ 05:00
- @thefreedomguy You say there is no God. You say prove there is. You don't prove there's no God. You admit it can't be done. You don't know. August 12, 2011 @ 05:14
- I could increase Social Security, Medicare, & Medicaid while cutting taxes. It would be easy. August 12, 2011 @ 05:17
- I could institute single-payer healthcare for all while completely eliminating taxes. It would be easy. August 12, 2011 @ 05:18
- The Associated Press shouldn't write articles about 9/11 Truth unless the AP is going to dig rather than just buy government propaganda. August 12, 2011 @ 05:36
- The AP said the NIST "found that fire caused the collapse of 7 World Trade Center." It did not. Their tests absolutely failed to show it. August 12, 2011 @ 05:38
- Richard Clarke suggests the CIA tried to recruit 9/11 hijackers—then covered it up. http://t.co/NEdhcQE..... See this too: http://t.co/XS7J1lF..... August 12, 2011 @ 05:57
- "protest...was the latest of thousands of brief, local riots and demonstrations that happen in China every year" August 12, 2011 @ 05:59
- "China saw almost 90,000 such "mass incidents" of riots, protests, mass petitions and other acts of unrest in 2009...." August 12, 2011 @ 06:01
- "In fact, China has riots more serious than England's every week,' said one Weibo comment." August 12, 2011 @ 06:02
- If London's police were ordered to stand & observe riots, it was a criminal order to allow things to get worse so draconian laws may follow. August 12, 2011 @ 07:03
- RE: You lost me at the following:
A fee should be attached that is equivalent to all Government expenditures, with th... http://t.co/cotxlms..... August 12, 2011 @ 22:27
- Girl-Baby Home and Destitute's Charitable Trust founder's father "went to Jesus." http://t.co/z9BFGWO..... August 12, 2011 @ 23:26
- RE: We don't need "taxes to treasury money through a fee." We don't need taxes, period. Also, ... August 12, 2011 @ 23:56
- @thefreedomguy You say you know there aren't leprechauns, so you know God doesn't exist. I'm sorry for you, but that's unreasoned. August 13, 2011 @ 00:07
- @ ytgv3fc7
- Economic porn by the obscenely rich: "Meet the Global Financial Elites Controlling $46 Trillion In Wealth" | AlterNet: http://t.co/cBacylE..... August 13, 2011 @ 01:04
- It is unconstitutional to hire only those currently working. It is discrimination against those with no choice to be members of the class. August 13, 2011 @ 01:10
- If during this downturn, organizations advertise that they'll only hired the unemployed (as in not currently), I'll be favorably impressed. August 13, 2011 @ 01:16
- Shame on: Allstate, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Homebuilding Recruiters of America, U. of Arizona, U. of Phoenix, Oil and Gas Field Recruiters... August 13, 2011 @ 01:18
- "6 So-Called "Job Creators" Who Won't Hire The Unemployed" http://t.co/7isJj2I..... August 13, 2011 @ 01:18
- If you say that corporations are not persons, then you are really saying that money shouldn't have a greater say / a larger vote. Good. August 13, 2011 @ 01:23
- @thefreedomguy Your problem is that you assign to me what you cannot do. You insist on proof but can't provide it. I have faith. What's new? August 13, 2011 @ 01:26
- "Confidence among Americans in the stability of the nation's banking industry has hit rock bottom." 37%? Bottom is 0%, where it should be. August 13, 2011 @ 01:38
- Big story in Turkey: "Fallout from the spy scandal in the Turkish Navy": http://t.co/HjFT7Fr..... August 13, 2011 @ 01:51
- "So let us fight together with Israel, with our Zionist brothers against all anti-Zionists...." — Anders Behring Breivik the Zionist August 13, 2011 @ 02:02
- I'm no Freemason, but I love truth. Freemason Albert Pike did not write to Freemason Giuseppe Mazzini about three world wars. It's a hoax! August 13, 2011 @ 02:23
- There's much truth in this statement: "Israel's 'Real Estate Revolution' Is Not About Justice or Peace" http://t.co/ce1gWIq..... August 13, 2011 @ 02:44
- There's much truth in this statement: "Israel's 'Real Estate Revolution' Is Not About Justice or Peace" http://t.co/uQEL9OA..... August 13, 2011 @ 02:49
- RE: Well, I appreciate your patience and effort to reexplain your idea. Nevertheless, for the reasons I've already st... August 13, 2011 @ 03:07
- @thefreedomguy Ridiculous: You emphatically state there is no God but turn around, laugh, and write that you "set forth NO proposition." August 13, 2011 @ 03:30
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)