- Twitter Digest: August 12, 2011 http://t.co/CeR1oNc..... August 13, 2011 @ 04:05
- Is it official Cuban policy to encourage employee ownership and democracy in the workplace, or are they just pushing raw capitalism? August 13, 2011 @ 04:49
- Former NY Police Commissioner, William Bratton, is going to advise PM David Cameron. Community policing and racial diversity are smarter. August 13, 2011 @ 04:56
- The "individual mandate" part of Obama's healthcare plan will face Supreme Court scrutiny. Single-payer was the way to go and still is. August 13, 2011 @ 05:02
- U.S. bank sent message to sell French-investment firm shares "because it is French," 6 times. Oh brother, not "frog" sayers again! Fascists. August 13, 2011 @ 05:15
- Of all the articles I've seen about the London riots, not one has talked about the root economic cause, which is the greed of the superrich. August 13, 2011 @ 05:21
- There was a time when all Assad had to do was order some very reasonable reforms. Now the people want him executed. That's his fault. August 13, 2011 @ 05:26
- Oh right, David Cameron, go after youthful rioters with a vengeance but assure the banksters bigger bonuses. The banksters are rich, right? August 13, 2011 @ 05:32
- "New envisionâ„¢ Rating System Responds to Sustainable Infrastructure Market Needs" http://t.co/h8a91bP..... August 13, 2011 @ 06:01
- Mighty edgy video for the Robin Hood Tax http://t.co/GDfYq7i..... August 13, 2011 @ 10:11
- "Conservatives" can claim the London riots were just hooliganism, but it's bad government. Austerity & favoring banksters caused the riots. August 13, 2011 @ 11:09
- London's young need to stop resorting to violence and destruction & rather collectively channel all their energies into constructive change. August 13, 2011 @ 11:14
- I favorited a @YouTube video http://t.co/BtAq6By..... Understanding the UK riots August 13, 2011 @ 11:49
- Has David Cameron ever missed even one meal for lack of a silver spoon? August 13, 2011 @ 12:03
- If you want to know why there were riots in London, follow the money. Who has it? Whose taxing the poor to remain rich and get even richer? August 13, 2011 @ 12:05
- The Banksters take bigger and bigger bonuses while "Aid only trickles to Somali children" http://t.co/IAoCvt1..... August 13, 2011 @ 12:36
- I have yet to hear him use the word "homosexual." He appears to me to be steeri (@YouTube http://t.co/c9zeois.....) August 13, 2011 @ 13:01
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/pMrjjNl..... SR 21 Debt Limit Debate 3 - July 29, 2011 August 13, 2011 @ 13:22
- Bill Still on Monetary Reform: "SR 23: Baby Birds" http://t.co/4SFk0xA..... August 13, 2011 @ 14:41
- @ tacticalmastermind
- @GreeGreece Europe can do without Britain: experts (but not vice versa) http://t.co/uKLglca..... I'd like to see Britain straighten out, but.... August 14, 2011 @ 09:53
- "An Unemployment Report That Screams Spectacular Failure," by Charles Kadlec - Forbes. Wrong! It screams for more: f... http://t.co/97eyVoQ..... August 14, 2011 @ 10:55
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/NKLKg9N..... Burying the Darfur Genocide Myth & Bernard Levy August 14, 2011 @ 12:12
- (Debate) Would Sharia Help the West? David Wood vs. Anjem Choudary http://t.co/v33FbJW..... August 14, 2011 @ 13:13
- "Israel's J14 movement: Can it break out of the Zionist box? Palestinians fight for equality in J14," by Jeff Halper... http://t.co/ck54wXN..... August 15, 2011 @ 07:50
- Law & order isn't real unless it is applied with at least equal gusto against banksters & their corporatist / kleptocratic underlings. August 15, 2011 @ 08:28
- "Rick Perry: A Record to Run on — or Run From?" http://t.co/CM6ROEw..... From! August 15, 2011 @ 08:57
- The best thing about Ron Paul is he's anti-war. On the social safety net, he'll let them fall even if they're forced to walk the tightrope. August 15, 2011 @ 09:20
- Good Move: "College Organic, Sustainability Programs Growing" http://t.co/XzDEtC2..... August 15, 2011 @ 09:46
- "Brain Dead Obama," by Joel S. Hirschhorn http://t.co/760Fg1b..... August 15, 2011 @ 10:03
- Arrested For a Crime, Get DNA Profiled — Even More States Now Collect Samples at Booking | Singularity Hub http://t.co/miSHACV..... August 15, 2011 @ 10:54
- Farmers Defend Right to Protect Themselves From Monsanto Patents | OSGATA http://t.co/9AK31R6..... August 15, 2011 @ 10:54
- FBI wants businesses watching for customers paying with cash http://t.co/NYd63J0..... August 15, 2011 @ 11:45
- Nouriel 'Dr. Doom' Roubini: 'Karl Marx Was Right' - International Business Times http://t.co/bxphEcT..... August 15, 2011 @ 12:48
- Unusual Police Activity Before London Riot? http://t.co/hZzYP4C..... August 15, 2011 @ 13:27
- Feds want to block farmers from driving tractors on farms unless farmers buy commercial driver's licenses? August 15, 2011 @ 13:53
- I'm not a Ron Paul supporter, but this article is correct: "Establishment Media Admits Conspiracy To Ignore Ron Paul" http://t.co/dEfFITB..... August 15, 2011 @ 14:31
- @thefreedomguy "Saying something doesn't exist isn't a proposition...." Wrong. August 15, 2011 @ 14:52
- This may give you a huge sinking feeling, even make you feel sick: Deeper than this: "Digital Deception" http://t.co/Id43ZUj..... August 15, 2011 @ 15:33
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)