- Twitter Digest: August 16, 2011 http://t.co/HrFXuaA..... August 17, 2011 @ 07:29
- The EU isn't going to issue bonds not because governments don't need to borrow but because the EU isn't ready yet. Do the people understand? August 17, 2011 @ 09:10
- The EU doesn't need to borrow from anyone to aid various members, but you won't hear the talking heads dig into that truth any time soon. August 17, 2011 @ 09:16
- Chancellor Angela Merkel, President Nicolas Sarkozy, you don't need to borrow to aid EU members. Make the Euro like United States Notes. August 17, 2011 @ 09:19
- The World Bank says the famine in Somalia is artificial. Of course it is, but neoliberal economics hugely contributed to making it that way. August 17, 2011 @ 09:35
- Yak, yak, yak: US, Russia, EU, UN "alarmed," "greatly concerned," "deeply troubled," Israel building hundreds of West Bank illegal homes. August 17, 2011 @ 09:41
- Concerning Israel building 277 more illegal homes in the West Bank, Israel tells US, Russia, EU, UN: "Go to Hell, punks. We rule the world." August 17, 2011 @ 09:45
- What do Assad supporters in the US say about Palestinian-refugee claims that Assad is doing crimes against humanity to those refugees? August 17, 2011 @ 09:48
- "Most visitors leave saying 'Cuban life isn't as bad as I thought.'" — John McAuliff. It's past time the US normalizes relations with Cuba. August 17, 2011 @ 09:54
- Rick Perry was right to criticize the Federal Reserve but for the wrong reasons. The stimulus was way too little & went to the wrong people. August 17, 2011 @ 10:01
- Do you want to be rich & die of pollution, or do you want to be richer & not polluted? That's a real choice. Stop being anti-environmental. August 17, 2011 @ 10:10
- Jon Stewart on Ron Paul: Where's the Love? | TheWrap TV http://t.co/7I8WSzJ..... August 17, 2011 @ 10:27
- RE: I will not make war on all the women in the world who make bad choices. I've made bad choices and am glad God wor... August 17, 2011 @ 13:27
- "The Tedious, Tweeting Atheist" (xc: @thefreedomguy, you wrote: @TomUsher Saying something does... (cont) August 18, 2011 @ 03:17 ) @
- The Tedious, Tweeting Atheist http://t.co/T5ATNNL..... August 18, 2011 @ 03:17
- RE: I stand by what I wrote. In order to make "people accountable and to face the consequences of t... August 18, 2011 @ 06:33
- RE: I didn't condone abortion. I also didn't say or suggest or imply that "Rape, incest or pedophilia are" "among the... August 18, 2011 @ 06:35
- This is excellent food for thought for the whole world, Morris. You've posed qu (@YouTube http://t.co/57G3dhW.....) August 18, 2011 @ 06:58
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/57G3dhW..... NATOs War Aims include Gay Rights! August 18, 2011 @ 06:59
- I favorited a @YouTube video http://t.co/57G3dhW..... NATOs War Aims include Gay Rights! August 18, 2011 @ 06:59
- NATO's War Aims include Gay [Homosexual] Rights! - YouTube, 108Morris108 http://t.co/0FhmULY..... August 18, 2011 @ 07:47
- RE: You don't read carefully yet you're nervy enough to tell me to grow up. You should grow up enough to know what "i... August 18, 2011 @ 14:17
- @ stimpysyrian
- New Federal Reserve policy: If we're attacked, talk too much. August 18, 2011 @ 16:30
- Who's the anti-Christ who came up with the idea of calling an EU member-states' balanced-budget requirement the "Golden Rule"? August 18, 2011 @ 16:48
- German bankers complain a Robin Hood Tax (small tax on each financial transaction) would be ineffective. Robin Hood took the whole purse. August 18, 2011 @ 16:54
- "Association Between Type 2 Diabetes and Exposure to Persistent Organic Pollutants" & just when the Tea Party is revving up to kill the EPA. August 18, 2011 @ 17:25
- Russia: $9 billion worth of arms globally in 2011. Putin, it's your stinking merchants of death & destruction to satisfy Russian greed! August 18, 2011 @ 17:33
- I'm fed up with people appealing to "the lesser of evils." To Hell with that. I want the righteous to rule. Up righteousness. August 18, 2011 @ 17:40
- The US is whining that China is beating them via "state-owned" enterprises — that's market socialism beating whining, lying capitalists. August 18, 2011 @ 17:46
- Whining capitalists in the US are complaining that they can't out compete the socialists, yet capitalists always say socialism never works! August 18, 2011 @ 17:48
- If a capitalist US can't out compete a more socialist China, then why shouldn't the US become more socialistic to compete better? August 18, 2011 @ 17:51
- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez is going to nationalize the Venezuelan gold industry. Has he been watching Max Keiser on the Internet? August 18, 2011 @ 18:01
- Do you think Texas Global Warming deniers say Al Gore rigged the weather there to cause the record drought so he could raise carbon taxes? August 18, 2011 @ 18:07
- President Ollanta Humala of Peru used to be impressive before he sold out to private oil interests. How rich did they promise to make him? August 18, 2011 @ 18:17
- "outcome of being 'tough on crime' was some of the worst street disturbances seen in decades": Andrew Neilson, Howard League of Penal Reform August 18, 2011 @ 18:30
- If the US keeps increasing airport security a la the Zionists control freaks, flying will be for the birds and drones only. August 18, 2011 @ 18:35
- Want to fly out of Boston's airport? You may have to have a "nice" conversation with a special agent whether you feel like talking or not. August 18, 2011 @ 18:42
- The Zionists have said they won't apologize for murdering 9 on the Mavi Marmara. Is Erdogan sorry he blocked the Gaza Freedom Flotilla 2? August 18, 2011 @ 18:59
- "boycott political donations in response to Washington's poor handling of the debt ceiling" wars, banksterism, pollution, poverty...? August 18, 2011 @ 19:33
- "Last month saw Arctic sea ice drop to its lowest extent ... the smallest area for any July since satellite records began in 1979." August 18, 2011 @ 19:38
- When will you read that Qaddaffi is ill — that he says he is sick? August 18, 2011 @ 19:44
- With Qaddaffi's imminent fall, the US is mounting pressure on Assad, who's been foolish not to implement deep reforms but deadly violence. August 18, 2011 @ 19:57
- @thefreedomguy (xc: @ @DavidGBoo) You are an atheist who doesn't have what it takes to admit when he's wrong and to apologize. August 18, 2011 @ 20:11
- @thefreedomguy Weak. August 18, 2011 @ 20:14
- @thefreedomguy (xc: @JoWalker @DavidGBoo) You wrote: "@TomUsher Makes no difference if I was right or wron... (cont) August 18, 2011 @ 21:05
- RE: @liveactionfilms This is mostly a reply to "DrDisaster." Nesting/narrowing of comments moved me to start a new th... August 19, 2011 @ 08:58
- @ mooninquirer Good point. (@YouTube http://t.co/57G3dhW.....) August 19, 2011 @ 14:26
- Some self-styled Christians preaching anti-Christ messages: "Kenneth Cole's Ridiculous Pro-Choice Campaign Compares ... http://t.co/B16BS1x..... August 20, 2011 @ 09:31
- Once Qaddaffi's gone, Assad will get much more attention. Why has he been so stupid/selfish? He could have dealt with the Syrian opposition. August 20, 2011 @ 12:27
- The original concept of a stock market isn't working anymore. Are there enough regulations in your wildest imagination to fix it? Luddite? August 20, 2011 @ 12:41
- Does the Tea Party aid the banksters getting away with stealing tens of trillions, even hundreds of trillions? Via being distracted, yes. August 20, 2011 @ 12:56
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)