- Twitter Digest: August 22b, 2011 http://t.co/lt3wzz5..... August 22, 2011 @ 21:32
- Capitalists: Socialism never works or Market Socialism out competes Capitalism, which is it? http://t.co/XSeqiTZ..... August 23, 2011 @ 09:10
- "China criticizes foreign pressure on Syria." Of course they do. China's one-party dictatorship fears a new Democracy Movement in China. August 23, 2011 @ 20:33
- Reading the US mainstream news, you'd get the idea that the whole of al Qaeda is in Yemen. Every fighter killed is supposedly "al Qaeda." August 23, 2011 @ 20:37
- Because the US won't force out Saleh, all you hear is "al Qaeda in Yemen." The US mainstream news was nearly silent on al Qaeda in Libya. August 23, 2011 @ 20:40
- "Assad is next." What about Abdullah? Does he get to remain Saudi dictator because he throws money around, like for putting down Bahrainis? August 23, 2011 @ 20:44
- Libya's National Transitional Council will move its headquarters to Tripoli in a few days. That's a little slow. August 23, 2011 @ 21:03
- Qaddaffi's compound in Tripoli has been taken over by the new government. August 23, 2011 @ 21:06
- China and Russia keep making big mistakes about Arab dictators. It's bad enough that the US is so fickle about it all. August 23, 2011 @ 21:12
- Right now would be a perfect time for the Chinese leadership to begin significant democratic reforms in China. August 23, 2011 @ 21:18
- Hugo Chavez knows Qaddaffi ordered the shooting of unarmed protesters and threatened a house-to-house bloodbath but still supports Qaddaffi? August 23, 2011 @ 21:28
- The PKK is being stupid antagonizing Turkey. It should be focused on building a nation in Northern Iraq and forget about fighting. August 23, 2011 @ 21:39
- I favorited a @YouTube video http://t.co/OMlBZ4d..... Lara Fabian - Je suis Malade August 24, 2011 @ 11:09
- @ ytgv3fc7
- Libya: Daily Kos vs. Russia Today (RT) TV http://t.co/hV2RW9C..... August 26, 2011 @ 02:19
- Help save the Global Habitat: Climate Reality Project. Authorize it on your Twitter and Facebook. http://t.co/LGTBBIE..... August 26, 2011 @ 13:13
- EGYPT: Imprisoned pacifist blogger Maikel Nabil Sanad on hunger strike moved to solitary confinement | War Resisters... http://t.co/A6UOSxW..... August 26, 2011 @ 13:52
- A wicked combination, not freedom: Brazil, age of consent, 14. Prostitution, legal. http://t.co/k72PqSM..... via @LaRaeQuy August 26, 2011 @ 14:03
- Solar Trees Powering Electric Vehicles http://t.co/zZvSgNZ..... August 26, 2011 @ 14:22
- "Not sure additional QE would be beneficial [Federal Reserve official] Plosser" It never should have been whether but where: Main Street! August 26, 2011 @ 15:30
- Mitt Romney says if elected, he won't restrict CO2 emissions. Then why seek the power of the US Presidency? He's shilling: AGW-denial. August 26, 2011 @ 15:41
- Airheads & liars: State Dept. suggests Canada-to-Texas pipeline would have limited impact on the environment. It's limited to disaster. August 26, 2011 @ 15:52
- Fed Reserve Chair, Ben Bernanke, flew a trial balloon for a tiny New-Deal-type jobs program? To protect banksters, he'll thinks small. August 26, 2011 @ 16:13
- Bull!: "Most of the economic policies that support robust economic growth...are outside the province of the central bank." — Bernanke. August 26, 2011 @ 16:18
- US Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) says he is "for clean air and clean water." The Tea Party though wants to abolish the EPA & are AGW-deniers. August 26, 2011 @ 16:26
- Regardless, why would Domscheit-Berg destroy any submissions? http://t.co/RKW0eRt..... August 26, 2011 @ 16:34
- Ripe for framing the innocent too: "Nokia-Siemens Spy Tools Aid Police Torture in Bahrain" http://t.co/xa7eWKa..... August 26, 2011 @ 16:38
- Are NYPD officers secretly on the CIA's payroll? "New York, commissioner Raymond Kelly acknowledged that the CIA trains NYPD officers." August 26, 2011 @ 16:59
- "NYPD confirms CIA officer works at department" August 26, 2011 @ 17:00
- What's new? Nothing: "Ownership...increasingly concentrated...transnational." Gerald Davis, UofM, Ann Arbor. http://t.co/rufusm1..... August 26, 2011 @ 17:20
- If this is true, could millions get cancer from Fukushima's fallout? "severely contaminated "hotspots" within" Tokyo. http://t.co/oztYdM0..... August 26, 2011 @ 17:29
- Ideas are plentiful. Getting the Money Masters to shell out is the hard part. They like their tribes. Savvy? August 26, 2011 @ 17:57
- Wikileaks: Homeland Security invokes Patriot Act on Assange; seeks server data http://t.co/Q9y8dCi..... August 26, 2011 @ 23:05
- Saving endangered trees from clear-cutting isn't crime. "modern environmental movement is nothing more than organized crime" — Alex Jones. August 26, 2011 @ 23:26
- Alex Jones gives a damn about "carbon tax shutdown of coal plants," not about the old mountains "King Coal" decapitates, polluting wildly. August 26, 2011 @ 23:29
- Aren't you sick of ignoramuses and shills worshiping at the oil, gas, and coal altar of greed and shortsightedness? August 26, 2011 @ 23:32
- Local Rights, States Rights? Be Careful. "Arkansas: Lawyers say Gould ordinances violate free speech Constitution...... http://t.co/BpZo1gO..... August 26, 2011 @ 23:56
- I disagree with Alex Jones on the environment but agree about this: "9/11 Heroes Not Welcome at Ground Zero" http://t.co/VsFT9sg..... Disgusting August 27, 2011 @ 00:10
- Ron Paul? Where is the one who isn't a laissez-faire capitalist or an anti-environmentalist, but would get the US out of all the wars? August 27, 2011 @ 00:33
- Feminization of boys & men: nonylphenol ethoxylates in clothes mimic female hormones & alter sexual development. http://t.co/wmaOP4x..... August 27, 2011 @ 00:56
- Monsanto GM Corn in Peril: Beetle develops Bt-resistance | Food Freedom http://t.co/i87xOCL..... August 27, 2011 @ 01:19
- "Conservatives" claim Obama doesn't have the constitutional authority to pardon "illegal" aliens. Where do they get such nonsense? August 27, 2011 @ 02:01
- China & Russia say the US overstepped the UNSC R2P resolution; however, Qaddaffi refused to stop. Fact: He could have complied. August 27, 2011 @ 17:15
- So, China & Russia are prepared to let Assad do whatever he wants? I'm for peace, but I wouldn't profit Assad while he murders protesters. August 27, 2011 @ 17:20
- Reportedly, locals claim 53 found dead in warehouse in Tripoli were mostly civilians & were executed by Qaddaffi's forces. August 27, 2011 @ 18:03
- Myth #August 27, 2011 @ 18:31 Mormons don't practice polygamy. Real Mormons do because only Joseph Smith's commandments define Mormonism & he expected polygamy.
- Myth #August 27, 2011 @ 18:33 Mormons are Christians. Only Joseph Smith's commandments define Mormonism, & he was a military commander while Jesus is a pacifist.
- Most US voters are unenthusiastic about government grants for schooling that don't need to be repaid. They're shortsighted & elitist. August 27, 2011 @ 21:28
- "55% Say Their Home Worth More Than What They Owe" How many have been paying for 25 years? August 27, 2011 @ 21:31
- "Only 12% Think U.S. Should Step Up Involvement in Syria." What's "Involvement," and how many of them know much about the issues? August 27, 2011 @ 21:42
- "Americans increasingly believe government anti-poverty programs cause more poverty." That's why before the programs there was more poverty? August 27, 2011 @ 21:44
- Americans "think private companies will do more to create jobs than the government can." The government (We the People) can employ everyone. August 27, 2011 @ 21:47
- "49% Say Illegal Immigrants Perform Jobs...Citizens...don't want to do." If they weren't here, wages would go up; but, don't starve them. August 27, 2011 @ 21:53
- "54% Say States Should Be Able To Opt Out of Federal Programs." Do they want 50 different nations rather than United States? What's unity? August 27, 2011 @ 21:56
- "65% Trust Their Own Economic Judgment Over Obama's." However, those who trust his more can't know his. He's not God. August 27, 2011 @ 22:00
- Alex Jones, are you listening? The Environmental Movement is not a bunch of criminals. "King Coal" though i... (cont) August 28, 2011 @ 00:44
- Companies Point Fingers as [Foreign-Exchange] Students Protest Conditions at [Hershey's] Chocolate Plant - NYTimes.com http://t.co/uZcxGVB..... August 28, 2011 @ 00:50
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)