- Twitter Digest: August 27, 2011 http://t.co/NDVWSOJ..... August 28, 2011 @ 01:03
- RE: I replied to you, but I did it with a link. That reply was deleted. I didn't delete it. My reply is long, and I d... August 28, 2011 @ 03:27
- RE: @TomUsher My reply comment/link pointing to this blog post, which reply comment/link I had posted on ... August 28, 2011 @ 03:36
- @LetPeepsVote You're "following" me. I see you're writing: "27 gays and lesbians were killed last year by Christians." Christians? No. August 28, 2011 @ 15:18
- @ ytgv3fc7
- QE Up-Ticks, False, Masking Toxic Waste/"Assets," Buying Time, Waiting for Death http://t.co/9zL43W2..... August 28, 2011 @ 19:45
- "Financial markets have a very safe way of predicting the future. They cause it." — George Soros August 28, 2011 @ 20:22
- Soros: "Obama's stimulus program was not big enough...not directed at improving infrastructure nor human capital...not productive enough." August 28, 2011 @ 20:25
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/iSa7dyd..... Beware Facebook August 28, 2011 @ 23:42
- I favorited a @YouTube video http://t.co/iSa7dyd..... Beware Facebook August 28, 2011 @ 23:42
- Facebook's CIA, DIA, etc., Direct Connections? http://t.co/C0f7rMO..... August 28, 2011 @ 23:46
- "A vision of a democratic Libya" It mentions religion twice, but do they want sharia? Sharia is not in keeping with it. http://t.co/tZaXOge..... August 29, 2011 @ 00:48
- Unlike some people, when I read WikiLeaks-released State Dept. cables, I don't consider them WikiLeaks editorials. Why should I, 9/11? Bull. August 29, 2011 @ 01:18
- WikiLeaks Hit With DoS Attack as It Releases Tens of Thousands of Cables http://t.co/ebpv1UI..... from @firedoglake August 29, 2011 @ 01:47
- WikiLeaks to Release 35,000 Cables: What's Been Revealed So Far http://t.co/7BB45Gs..... from @firedoglake August 29, 2011 @ 01:47
- US Machinations of Diplomacy Further Revealed Through New Batch of WikiLeaks Cables http://t.co/NEuLsoW..... from @firedoglake August 29, 2011 @ 01:48
- Wikileaks: In '06, Lieberman told US ambassador of need to transfer Palestinians from Israel– and US says nothing http://t.co/zXwe9IT..... August 29, 2011 @ 01:52
- WikiLeaks: In 2006, Avigdor Lieberman told US ambassador of need to transfer [ethnically cleans] Palestinians from I... http://t.co/mOZJ5N3..... August 29, 2011 @ 02:04
- Egypt's military ruler Tantawi and the American siege of Gaza: revelations from Wikileaks http://t.co/hF3H0Cb..... via @intifada August 29, 2011 @ 02:10
- @LetPeepsVote When you say Christians killed (murdered) homosexuals, you are misusing the term "Christians." Christians don't murder/kill. August 29, 2011 @ 15:02
- How far does the anti-regulation go? Are fire and building codes also bad?
August 29, 2011 @ 15:08
- Was UNSC Resolution 1973 only about being as anti-virus software, or did it necessarily anticipate stopping it at its source if expedient? August 29, 2011 @ 18:05
- Libyan Rebels, in Show of Unity, Plan for Transition - WSJ.com http://t.co/z4fEPLd..... August 29, 2011 @ 18:34
- Libya's National Transitional Council avoids lawlessness of Iraq after Saddam's fall. Co-opts Tripoli's policemen. No Debaathification. August 30, 2011 @ 03:06
- Alberta tar-sands land-use plan delays tougher restrictions on use of Athabasca River water & halting spread of toxic tailings-ponds. August 30, 2011 @ 03:30
- Huge mistakes: Obama's jobs-growth package will be tiny compared to what it should be, and he won't have the government be the employer. August 30, 2011 @ 03:38
- The Bible links many severe weather events to God, but today many are amazed that many others can still connect weather to Spirit. August 30, 2011 @ 04:05
- 4-5 million without power, around 21 deaths so far, billions in damage, homes lost, cars lost, beaches gone, ... insensitive focus on hype? August 30, 2011 @ 04:14
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)