- Twitter Digest: August 29, 2011 http://t.co/wCYTjRP..... August 30, 2011 @ 04:24
- Where any politician stands regarding GMO labeling on our food should be a litmus test. Anyone against labeling should not be in office. August 30, 2011 @ 19:57
- @ ytgv3fc7
- Qaddaffi a great leader? Some wide-scale war crimes: Misrata: murder, torture, rape, forced internment, disappearance. http://t.co/U63h9gk..... August 31, 2011 @ 03:43
- Libya's government will take Sirte, wrest control of water supply from Qaddaffi's anti-revolutionary forces. Water is cutoff to Tripoli. August 31, 2011 @ 03:50
- China's moronic one-party dictatorship wants to authorize police not to tell families where detainees are held. Boycott, Divest, Sanction? August 31, 2011 @ 04:08
- Britain denies entry to Israeli rabbi who advocated killing of non-Jews | BDSmovement.net: http://t.co/5Adx139..... via @AddThis August 31, 2011 @ 04:12
- "China's yuan could challenge dollar role in a decade"? If China continues on its current path, it will implode and possibly explode too. August 31, 2011 @ 04:25
- Cablegate's cables: Full-text search #http://t.co/gxuJteu..... August 31, 2011 @ 04:50
- Anyone who thinks that the too-little, too-late, wrongly placed stimulus spending didn't help keep things from being worse is an ignoramus. August 31, 2011 @ 05:19
- Want to be a prostitute in Bonn, Germany? Purchase a 6-euro ticket from a meter each night you walk the street. Oh .... August 31, 2011 @ 05:26
- North Dakota, unscathed, added jobs in 2010. It has a socialist State Bank is why. Unlike in Texas, most new jobs in ND are high-paying. August 31, 2011 @ 05:33
- The toxic securities should have been completely written off with the shareholders taking the hit, not average taxpayers & workers. August 31, 2011 @ 05:39
- Why are people so @#%^&*! If the gov. (people's gov.) puts the unemployed to work on the gov. payroll, the depression will be over! August 31, 2011 @ 05:45
- @richards1052 This might help: # August 31, 2011 @ 05:48
- Democratic allies of Obama tell him to "go bold." He hasn't been able to go bold once even if his life has depended upon it, & his soul has. August 31, 2011 @ 05:56
- Are there really people sitting on the Fed board who don't know the system is rigged by & for the plutocrat banksters? Wow, that's control. August 31, 2011 @ 06:03
- Are there really people sitting on the Fed board who don't know the system is rigged by & for the plutocrat banksters? Of course not. August 31, 2011 @ 06:04
- You never here the Fed members talking about ending usury do you? How about eliminating the National Debt? Never. Shills, shills, shills. August 31, 2011 @ 06:06
- "University of North Texas in Denton ... has opened an all-vegan full-service campus cafeteria." I'm for that. August 31, 2011 @ 06:10
- I absolutely do not automatically believe the story that operation "Fast and Furious" (ATF "selling" guns into Mexico) was ever a sting. August 31, 2011 @ 06:24
- Weren't ATF agents caused to funnel guns into Mexico for racist, imperial, and ATF-type gangster/bankster reasons? Investigate/expose that. August 31, 2011 @ 06:29
- Amnesty International: Syria: "deaths behind bars...massive" "torture...horrific" "beatings, burns, whipping, electric shocks...." August 31, 2011 @ 06:34
- Do you know that tax deductions for research and development used to more than pay for themselves several times over? Who axed them? Hawks. August 31, 2011 @ 06:41
- Libya: Qaddaffi homes...champagne lifestyle while "Libyans live in poor and shabby houses" http://t.co/XVSXdea..... August 31, 2011 @ 06:52
- "...little hope of escaping poverty, let alone reaching their true potential...." Whose fault is that, theirs, & not sociopathic chieftains? August 31, 2011 @ 16:25
- Palestinians in Jordan refugee camp long to return http://t.co/2sWRVhx..... via @intifada August 31, 2011 @ 16:52
- Have more children and become takers. Is that the secret to "success, wealth, power, and control"? Actually, it's the broad way to Hell. August 31, 2011 @ 16:56
- "...seeing Iraq as a nexus between terrorism and weapons of mass destruction... 'that assessment still hold... (cont) August 31, 2011 @ 17:07
- @richards1052 You are most welcome. Despite the seeming coverage, the mainstream works overtime to keep WikiLeaks' depth inaccessible. August 31, 2011 @ 17:12
- @CineversityTV Thanks for all the RT's over the months! August 31, 2011 @ 17:14
- @ ytgv3fc7
- @dentedego "Learning to accept one another as we are with the dents we earn along the way." I believe dent repair. Peace. September 1, 2011 @ 00:25
- @ ytgv3fc7
- Crime around gold is on a major upswing worldwide. Gold crazes and rushes have always brought out the violent, greedy worst in people. September 1, 2011 @ 03:51
- If you want to reduce or get rid of "violent extremism," put the unemployed to work on the government payroll doing productive jobs, now! September 1, 2011 @ 04:13
- If you can't record police because it's "eavesdropping," then it's illegal to also hear them live. It's dumber than dumb & unconstitutional. September 1, 2011 @ 04:39
- The only reason police don't want to be recorded is they don't want incriminating evidence in the form of those recordings to exist. September 1, 2011 @ 04:49
- To be eavesdropping on police one would have to be hearing what the police don' (@YouTube http://t.co/WbWL7qK.....) September 1, 2011 @ 04:59
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/hdzSVvT..... Why Spiritual Warfare doesn't deliver September 1, 2011 @ 05:18
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/mmkwske..... The Shocking History of Spiritual Warfare September 1, 2011 @ 05:19
- China pollution news in English: http://t.co/53NbXaB..... September 1, 2011 @ 05:28
- These people say Steve Jobs presided over an Apple whose supply chain grossly polluted China. (Jobs knew.) http://t.co/g51L57y..... September 1, 2011 @ 05:40
- US: "Non-white people and Hispanics accounted for 98 percent of the population growth in metropolitan areas from 2000 to 2010." 98? Wow! September 1, 2011 @ 05:44
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)