- Twitter Digest: August 31, 2011 http://t.co/lQLlCl2..... September 1, 2011 @ 07:08
- My best friends are people I've never met, and I'm not alone — far from it. September 3, 2011 @ 06:12
- "Asia to add 1.66 million millionaires by 2015" That's sad while there will be so many in abject poverty all around them but out of sight. September 3, 2011 @ 06:17
- "He ain't heavy. He's my brother." Unless of course the one saying that is a billionaire. September 3, 2011 @ 06:20
- Obama seems obsessed with building/fixing roads & runways when transitioning from what fuels the vehicles & planes is vastly more important. September 3, 2011 @ 07:01
- "Pentagon criticized for lax contractor oversight" This is news? September 3, 2011 @ 07:08
- Qaddaffi has been much, much worse than most of his Western "leftist" supporters realize. It will come out. September 3, 2011 @ 07:16
- I completely agree with Amnesty International's call for a thorough investigation into Abu Salim prison (Tripoli) under Qaddaffi. September 3, 2011 @ 07:20
- It's a dangerous spot because of the rock jetti: http://t.co/btDU1UF..... September 3, 2011 @ 07:45
- "Poland...Jewish population...some 2.5 million....most...perished in...Holocaust" That's why the world's population of Jews didn't go down? September 3, 2011 @ 07:50
- Zionists have been "in charge" of the "Holocaust Industry" & don't exactly have a reputation for integrity. Why automatically believe them? September 3, 2011 @ 07:54
- When swastikas show up on things "Jewish," remember that many Jews have been caught doing it. Reserve judgment! Beware the memory hole. September 3, 2011 @ 07:57
- The most dangerous thing for Jews is Zionism. Don't fall silent if anti-Zionists of Jewish extraction are wrongly attacked. September 3, 2011 @ 08:03
- The one-party dictators of China want the world to think that the world shouldn't make China choose sides and suffer the consequences. September 3, 2011 @ 08:11
- Corporations shift profits to low-tax zones and shift losses to high-tax zones. The US allows generous deductions for losses, so we get hit. September 3, 2011 @ 09:21
- Real sexual liberation includes being free of sex used to get at people (a weapon), no matter how subtle or convoluted. September 3, 2011 @ 20:01
- Maybe, Maybe Not: "Oil Still Gushing from BP Well in Gulf — Earth Changes — Sott.net" http://t.co/CGEPFIv..... September 3, 2011 @ 21:07
- Libyan intelligence documents show that the CIA worked with Qaddaffi. It's not a revelation but substantiation. They work angles all over. September 3, 2011 @ 21:16
- Perry tried to sideline a state commissioner who opposed expanding a nuclear-waste landfill owned by one of his biggest donors. via Reuters September 3, 2011 @ 21:27
- "Space junk reaching 'tipping point,' report warns" Better develop a solar-powered space sweeper. While you're at it, make some for oceans. September 3, 2011 @ 21:41
- "Wall Street cash shifts to Romney from Obama" That's what Obama gets for not going after the banksters but only looking forward. September 3, 2011 @ 21:46
- Don't try to spur the economy to create more jobs. Just create jobs a la the WPA and CCC, only bigger, greener, better. Get it done. September 3, 2011 @ 21:52
- "Ohio sells state prison to private contractor for $73 million" This creates a private incentive to jail people. It's an extremely bad idea! September 3, 2011 @ 22:21
- The UN says Israel's naval blockade of Gaza is a legitimate security measure. It isn't. The Zionists stole the Palestinian's land, period. September 3, 2011 @ 22:43
- The UN's Geoffrey "Palmer Report" didn't start with the correction question: Whether "Israel" is a legitimate state, post-WWII. It isn't. September 3, 2011 @ 22:48
- "($8.8 million) to buy the 300 sq km (115 sq miles)" of Iceland for a resort? Something is terribly wrong if that's the case. September 3, 2011 @ 23:02
- Without proper transparency, the people don't know what they are electing. If they agree with improper secrecy, they pay the negative price. September 3, 2011 @ 23:18
- The New York Times covered up cables concerning Israel because of kid gloves on Zionist evil-doing. The NYT view on WikiLeaks is backwards. September 3, 2011 @ 23:21
- "Mitt Romney promises 'bold' jobs plan" Increase slave wages under polluting, greedy, corporatist slave masters. Some plan, Mitt. No sale. September 3, 2011 @ 23:24
- "In order to change the direction of this country, we need to change presidents." — Romney. We need an anti-war FDR "on steroids." September 3, 2011 @ 23:27
- To misguided souls, "liberalizing trade" is giving power to international conglomerates. That's not liberalizing. It's feeding the stingy. September 3, 2011 @ 23:54
- @GreeGreece # Better late than never. Hope you are well, Tony! God bless. September 4, 2011 @ 00:05
- @CineversityTV On "Evangelicals Engaged In Spiritual Warfare," check this. The audio is poor quality, but he's good:
http://t.co/vrYkv3S..... September 4, 2011 @ 00:15
- Not so slowly, Assad becomes Qaddaffi. September 4, 2011 @ 00:22
- "Astronauts experience bone and muscle loss" "Space missions may damage eyes" Well, if we aren't ready.... Seek ye first...righteousness.... September 4, 2011 @ 00:29
- Here they go again with the "flu" scare tactics to drum up profits. Watch to see if they release a virus again the way they did in Mexico. September 4, 2011 @ 00:34
- Spread the news in Libya. What they fire in the air to celebrate comes down somewhere & can certainly hit the innocent. I've seen it happen. September 4, 2011 @ 00:37
- The International Monetary Fund isn't bailing out Ireland. It's further enslaving it under bankster rule. September 4, 2011 @ 00:40
- Palestinian statehood needs to be the one-state solution. September 4, 2011 @ 00:42
- If we don't use United States Notes pegged to productivity, "full employment...consistent with non-inflationary growth can vary over time." September 4, 2011 @ 00:47
- "What should justice for Gaddafi look like?" The same as for anyone else. Justice is justice. Willingly repent: forgiveness, mercy. September 4, 2011 @ 00:50
- Libya's new leadership: Release an emphatic, sincere statement that you stand by Freedom of Religion. If you do, you'll go a long way. September 4, 2011 @ 00:58
- National Transitional Council of Libya, are you or are you not for Freedom of Religion? September 4, 2011 @ 01:00
- "Russia condemns EU sanctions against Syria" It will get in the way of arms sales. They aren't concerned about the protesters but money! September 4, 2011 @ 01:35
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)