- Twitter Digest: September 3, 2011 http://t.co/mmQDLyn..... September 4, 2011 @ 03:19
- You knew: "Report: Turkey navy to escort aid ships to Palestinians in Gaza - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News:" http://t.co/fIWHbxy..... September 4, 2011 @ 04:26
- Facts, myths, WikiLeaks/Guardian; IDF drones kill innocent; Utterly evil flechettes http://t.co/vFU7aYw..... September 4, 2011 @ 05:59
- "illegal to speak Spanish in public" is insanity! Rally Against Racism & Fascism/Protest en contra de Racismo Y Fascismo http://t.co/mEJGAYL.....
- @stacyherbert Fundis answer that everything 6051 (number varies) yrs old is Satan's trick. Old-Earth Theists are also Figurativists. Peace! September 4, 2011 @ 21:47
- Debunks the most used myths repeated by AGW deniers http://t.co/pD0pmyd..... September 4, 2011 @ 23:26
- Heartland Institute launches a 'closed' climate change wiki | Leo Hickman http://t.co/hFTQ7xi..... via @guardian September 4, 2011 @ 23:32
- Is the CIA, MI6, Mossad, or any other human entity forcing Turks, Kurds, & Persians to fight? No! It's their own fault. They could stop. September 4, 2011 @ 23:46
- Good idea: "start the application process to International Court of Justice...into what the Gaza blockade really is." Ahmet Davutoglu September 4, 2011 @ 23:56
- "Iran plugs first nuclear power plant into grid" "the West fears is covertly try[ing] to develop atomic bombs" The West is not a monolith. September 5, 2011 @ 00:16
- Concerning Iran's Bushehr nuclear power plant for now, Russia is to supply the enriched uranium and repatriate spent fuel. September 5, 2011 @ 00:24
- Nahum Barnea, a popular political columnist: "Young middle-class people saw what has been happening in Israel... (cont) September 5, 2011 @ 00:36
- @HumanishTweeter "Obama. Why Black nations suck. Too many of his stupid kind." You're a racist, which means you're stupid. That's logic. September 5, 2011 @ 00:46
- Former German chancellor Gerhard Schroeder calls for "United States of Europe." Hear the anti-NWO sites scream, but they aren't anti USA. September 5, 2011 @ 01:31
- Romney says he'd end "heavy hand of government." The heaviest hands of government are the Federal Reserve & Pentagon. Mitt's ineffectual. September 5, 2011 @ 01:48
- "Nearly 40 percent of Europeans suffer mental illness." It's much higher than that, not just Europeans but humanity, & spiritual. September 5, 2011 @ 01:52
- CBO estimates that ARRA stimulus raised real (inflation-adjusted) gross domestic product by between 0.8 percent and 2.5 percent. September 5, 2011 @ 02:10
- CBO estimates that ARRA stimulus lowered the unemployment rate by between 0.5 percentage points and 1.6 percentage points. September 5, 2011 @ 02:11
- CBO estimates that ARRA stimulus increased the number of people employed by between 1.0 million and 2.9 million. September 5, 2011 @ 02:11
- CBO estimates that ARRA stimulus increased the number of full-time-equivalent (FTE) jobs by 1.4 million to 4.0 million. September 5, 2011 @ 02:12
- CBO estimates that ARRA will raise real GDP in 2012 by between 0.3 percent and 0.8 percent. September 5, 2011 @ 02:13
- CBO estimates that ARRA will increase the number of people employed in 2012 by between 0.4 million and 1.1 million. September 5, 2011 @ 02:14
- CBO shows stimulus spending works, but 1) why does it go down & 2) what about deficits? 1) wrong placement & 2) no United States Notes. September 5, 2011 @ 02:17
- CBO's Estimates of ARRA's Impact on Employment and Economic Output for the Second Quarter of 2011 http://t.co/1DSbmOz..... September 5, 2011 @ 02:18
- The main reason Obama has had such a hard time on the economy is because he didn't force Senate hearings on single-payer. He lost his base. September 5, 2011 @ 02:23
- If Obama had been decisive & persistent, he would have increased in popularity so Republicans would be glad again Presidents are 2-term max. September 5, 2011 @ 02:25
- Obama is not nearly as knowledgeable or intelligent as many seem to think. He has learned in office but way too slowly & too little. September 5, 2011 @ 02:30
- On the low, secular level, I'd like Barack Obama to at least be a New Dealer. He doesn't have to, & shouldn't, copy FDR but exceed him. September 5, 2011 @ 02:35
- Correct: "Iceland says it was 'bullied' over bank debt" http://t.co/AWmaflB..... September 5, 2011 @ 02:41
- Buying the bought: "Contribution Profile of Members of the Deficit 'Super Committee' | MAPLight.org" http://t.co/kMwr6MW..... September 6, 2011 @ 07:47
- I favorited a @YouTube video http://t.co/sbeqHTZ..... Vanunu speaking to US Delagation from Washington part -2-.2 September 8, 2011 @ 11:11
- Anti-GMO So-Called Food: "Genetically modified vs organic foods" 1 - YouTube http://t.co/te840SJ..... September 8, 2011 @ 13:28
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)