- Twitter Digest: September 8, 2011 http://t.co/35Q2eXY..... September 8, 2011 @ 16:24
- In terms of continued productivity, military spending is a dead end. Pentagon spending ultimately is looting and a net loss globally. September 9, 2011 @ 01:29
- Checkout these outstanding comments on "Time to take on anti-biotech crowd over GMO labeling": http://t.co/dOnd5T9..... September 9, 2011 @ 03:22
- Save the NHS: As Lib Dems Vote to Support Tory Privatisation Plans, The Last Hope is the House of .. http://t.co/J3y2Lz6..... September 9, 2011 @ 04:33
- Ron Paul 'Stood with Reagan,' but not long | iWatch News http://t.co/TbwfwNi..... September 9, 2011 @ 04:39
- Who elected Ayn Rand to the US Congress, and how is it the she's holding so many seats? Her spirit of evil overshadows the place. September 9, 2011 @ 05:25
- "China's leadership changes are decided behind closed doors with senior posts filled by candidates selected by a handful of top leaders." September 9, 2011 @ 05:32
- "It's Hard to Deny the Texas Miracle" It's a miracle anyone thinks that. September 9, 2011 @ 05:35
- "Turkey's naval forces would escort Turkey's humanitarian aid ships bound for the Gaza Strip, Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan said...." September 9, 2011 @ 07:01
- Support Maikel Nabil Sanad | War Resisters' International http://t.co/RwBhI1R..... September 9, 2011 @ 07:03
- "'From now on, we will not let these ships to be attacked by Israel, as what happened with the Freedom Flotilla,' Erdogan said." September 9, 2011 @ 07:04
- If Egypt wants to prevent war between Turkey & Israel, Egypt should open the Rafah crossing wide open before Turkey sends naval escorts. September 9, 2011 @ 07:08
- RT @reuters: "...pursuit of austerity measures and deficit cuts is pushing the world economy toward disaster...." http://t.co/yavud31..... September 9, 2011 @ 07:20
- Why is the Obama administration being so utterly stupid on the issue of a Palestinian state? The answer is ZOG. September 9, 2011 @ 07:50
- Wrong: "...the current problem...cannot be solved...with...debt restructurings...." — Merkel. However, interest-free Euros would do it. September 9, 2011 @ 09:36
- US House renews allowing developing countries to import into the US without paying duties. What about labor & environmental standards? September 9, 2011 @ 10:40
- The UN & US recognize the 1967 Green Line. Why shouldn't Palestine seek statehood based on that line? I'm for one state. Obama isn't. September 9, 2011 @ 10:52
- Yow! Look What Gold Just Did http://t.co/aJ6VRgy..... via @themoneygame September 9, 2011 @ 10:53
- Chinese activist Wang Lihong was sentenced to 9 months today for "stirring up trouble," which means advocating for civil rights in China. September 9, 2011 @ 11:02
- Republicans are still trotting out the "average life expectancy when Social Security was created" canard. Ever heard of infant mortality? September 9, 2011 @ 11:19
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/Nha58Rc..... How to Plant and Grow Potatoes September 9, 2011 @ 12:09
- Do you doubt "security" measures being used on air passengers in the US have stopped terrorism and think claims are about fakes/set-ups? Hmm September 9, 2011 @ 13:37
- Zionists stole Palestinian land via terrorism and ethnic cleansing but claim the legal right to blockade Gaza by sea. They're wrong. September 10, 2011 @ 07:36
- Turkey has the legal right to break the blockade of Gaza because that blockade is illegal. The Zionist Project was and remains illegitimate. September 10, 2011 @ 07:38
- The Zionists came by the land via wars of aggression that the Zionists started and/or instigated. They are not entitled to that land. September 10, 2011 @ 07:40
- It doesn't matter that Obama claims the Zionists have a right to the land the Zionists stole. Israel is illegitimate, including Biblically. September 10, 2011 @ 07:43
- The Zionists are so over confident regarding US backing it would be laughable were it not so deadly serious. September 10, 2011 @ 07:58
- Zionist psy-op: "Turkey's threat to send warships to protect aid convoys to Gaza is unlikely to trigger conflict with Israel," say Zionists. September 10, 2011 @ 08:01
- Reuters: "Israel's vessels are widely assumed to carry nuclear-tipped cruise missiles." Ah, the nuclear rogue who points the finger at Iran. September 10, 2011 @ 08:05
- When will the Mavi Marmara sail to Gaza with Erdogan on board shadowed by a Turkish fleet & air cover? Would the Zionists be so stupid...? September 10, 2011 @ 08:08
- Hamas would have to okay Erdogan sailing to Gaza. Erdogan may want to wait for a ruling from the International Court on the Gaza blockade. September 10, 2011 @ 08:10
- Won't Erdogan wait until after the Palestinians finish the process of getting the US stupidly to veto Palestinian UN membership? September 10, 2011 @ 08:13
- "Bin Laden's wives and several of his children are being held by authorities in" Pakistan. What do disbelievers of the assassination think? September 10, 2011 @ 08:18
- 9/11 distracted the US "causing it to put focus on things that were not in America's long-term interest (aiding the poor)." — Jeffrey Sachs September 10, 2011 @ 08:22
- Reuters: "Turkish-Israeli row is unlikely to embroil NATO, which operates on the basis of unanimous decisions." It's a mutual defense pact. September 10, 2011 @ 08:41
- If the ICJ rules the Gaza blockade illegal & Israel fires on Turkey sailing to Gaza, legally, the US & NATO will have to side with Turkey. September 10, 2011 @ 08:48
- The ADL "accused Gibson of evoking age-old stereotypes about Jews in his 2004 film 'The Passion of the Christ,'" but the Gospel is good. September 10, 2011 @ 08:54
- In a movie about Maccabee, Mel Gibson would follow the RC canonical Bible's "Maccabees," an interesting story not in most Protestant Bibles. September 10, 2011 @ 08:59
- "Since January 25 until today, we don't feel there has been any change," said Kamel Ebrahim, Tahrir Square. The revolution is far from over. September 10, 2011 @ 09:07
- I agree with the Benghazi Memorandum calling for one interim government until the first election but don't agree w/ full de-Baathification. September 10, 2011 @ 09:16
- North Korea "has about 20 types of jamming devices mostly imported from Russia." They work too. September 10, 2011 @ 09:23
- What about Ron who? Rick Perry, Mitt Romney, & Michele Bachmann are the names being repeated & repeated by the MSM (Bachmann negatively). September 10, 2011 @ 09:30
- The only time I see or hear Ron Paul's name (outside the actual debates) is on Libertarian postings or that liberal comedy show. September 10, 2011 @ 09:33
- @PassionOfTheMel What's with "_Mel_ _Gibson_"? What's the point of the underlines? September 10, 2011 @ 09:37
- @maryandjesus10 I agree that Gibson didn't follow the Gospel exactly. He took "artistic" license and used some more than debatable stories. September 10, 2011 @ 09:41
- @maryandjesus10 I have mixed emotions about Mel Gibson: things I like, things I don't. I didn't like "The Passion of the Christ" at all. September 10, 2011 @ 09:45
- @maryandjesus10 I would hope Gibson would do much better regarding Maccabee. He's certainly capable. I hope God blesses him. September 10, 2011 @ 09:47
- @JamieCedric You might like this then: http://t.co/ScYsWZ3..... September 10, 2011 @ 09:56
- Stating "When Anti-Zionism becomes Anti-Semitism [a misnomer here]" admits anti-Zionism isn't inherently anti-Jew.... September 10, 2011 @ 10:17
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)