- Twitter Digest: September 10, 2011 http://t.co/26b5UxP..... September 11, 2011 @ 02:10
- "Egypt: Retry or Free 12,000 After Unfair Military Trials" http://t.co/5NjTHfI..... September 11, 2011 @ 10:06
- Egypt would be foolish to block Erdogan from visiting Gaza via the Rafah Crossing. If they don't let him through, he'll visit by sea anyway. September 11, 2011 @ 10:13
- If Egypt were to block Erdogan from visiting Gaza via Rafah, wouldn't Erdogan be tempted to visit by sea with a Turkish naval escort? September 11, 2011 @ 10:15
- France is correct that Assad is monstrous, but is France willing to be consistent? China & Russia are being self-centered & short-sighted. September 11, 2011 @ 10:24
- Even Yahoo gets it, somewhat: "Unanswered Questions of 9/11 Photos | Unanswered Questions of 9/11 Pictures - Yahoo! ... http://t.co/MFnMwSK..... September 11, 2011 @ 11:20
- Must Read!: Deep flaws in the UN's Mavi Marmara report - Opinion - Al Jazeera English http://t.co/r7WeCpF..... via @ajenglish September 11, 2011 @ 12:03
- 100% Zionist double-standard at work: Oakland museum cancels Palestinian kids' war art http://t.co/MvEOmao..... via @sfgate September 11, 2011 @ 12:21
- 9/11 Truth and the Question of Israeli/Mossad Involvement http://t.co/172fSb9..... September 11, 2011 @ 13:49
- Highly Credible People Question 9/11 http://t.co/uLgfsjk.....
- Highly-Credible People Question 9/11 http://t.co/QKUQjji..... September 11, 2011 @ 15:16
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/Ol9teA6..... 9/11: A Conspiracy Theory September 11, 2011 @ 15:21
- I can't say I agree 100%. Will 99 due? (@YouTube http://t.co/Ol9teA6.....) September 11, 2011 @ 15:23
- The G8 makes loans conditional on "neoliberal" economic "reforms." The IMF creates money. Nations can too, interest free (without the IMF). September 12, 2011 @ 06:45
- Under the US Bill of Rights, voluntary religion-based arbitration is protected, including Islamic. Do you, @RyanMauro, agree? September 12, 2011 @ 07:02
- To Angela Merkel: Dump interest-bearing Euros. The EU needs the equivalent of United States Notes. #September 12, 2011 @ 07:17
- I can't overemphasize how stupid & unnecessary economic austerity measures are. #September 12, 2011 @ 07:22 would clear the problems immediately.
- @billstill I've just started using the hashtag # We need a unifying/identifying tag on Twitter. USN is the US Navy. September 12, 2011 @ 07:28
- Shopping malls in Kabul have not been worth it. There were other ways short of violence & destruction by the Military Industrial Complex. September 12, 2011 @ 07:37
- There's little to no freedom of religion in Malaysia: http://t.co/ZsUJvdp..... September 12, 2011 @ 07:51
- "Assassination of Russia" False-Flag Government Sponsored Terrorism, Russian Style http://t.co/QP6BSKc..... September 12, 2011 @ 08:53
- France fears for the EU & euro over sovereign debt. Then change the euro so it's like United States Notes. #September 12, 2011 @ 09:40
- The Egyptian military is blocking freedom of the press. The revolution is far from over. Get those elections done: civilian control. September 12, 2011 @ 10:14
- @allafrica - # Office of Aljazeera Mubasher Misr Channel Is Raided: September 12, 2011 @ 10:17
- The Federal Reserve lies about United States Notes (Lincoln Greenbacks) http://t.co/tDoHYnR..... /via @wordpressdotcom # September 12, 2011 @ 10:32
- @stacyherbert "bilateral synthetic capital release securities" in lieu of real capital requirements, in other words: continuing global scam. September 12, 2011 @ 10:45
- Qaddaffi asks others to fight to the last man for a cause that was dead on arrival. He's getting more people killed on account of his ego. September 12, 2011 @ 11:09
- UN: "2,600...killed in Syria since pro-democracy protests broke out in March." It's all because Assad has refused to face a real election. September 12, 2011 @ 11:46
- Good!: H.R.494 — "21st Century Civilian Conservation Corps Act" (Introduced in House - IH) 112th CONGRESS 1st Session http://t.co/jS737ma..... September 12, 2011 @ 12:32
- Highly Educational, Anti-Fascist!: Michael Hudson, Jeffrey Sommers, and Matthew Lynn regarding the EU and euro http://t.co/l9WlkWp..... September 12, 2011 @ 13:09
- Not to say no Pakistanis or Mossad agents, etc.: "Suppressing investigation about the role of Saudi Arabia in 9/11" http://t.co/F7UjeeU..... September 12, 2011 @ 13:36
- @billstill Fix the euro. Change it to be under real democracy & as # "SR 26 Croatia & Iceland" http://t.co/PI7NZUs..... September 12, 2011 @ 14:11
- No physical evidence. Witnesses recanted. Stop the execution of #http://t.co/KIhBbXe..... # September 13, 2011 @ 05:09
- "WHAT IS A CELL GROUP?" @jcomiskeygroup "You've basked in true cell community." No, I've never been around any "cells." http://t.co/cUdIJhv..... September 13, 2011 @ 06:01
- There are people who twist anything, even Jesus's message, to rationalize being evil. September 13, 2011 @ 06:05
- @hughashton That to rationalize evil, people deliberately and especially twist Jesus's message must be especially damning. September 13, 2011 @ 10:57
- Mohammed wouldn't side with them: "American Muslims speak out against the enforcement of shari'ah law in America" http://t.co/yTS0Qj7..... September 13, 2011 @ 12:15
- I went to "The Oak Initiative" Dominionism site (theoakinitiative . org), and t (@YouTube http://t.co/FgX2zgl.....) September 13, 2011 @ 14:50
- Mosaic News: Arab Spring Protests Press On http://t.co/zXOeax3..... September 13, 2011 @ 15:19
- I agree with the pro-lifer here while adding that per Jesus Christ, coercion isn't the answer. Hearts must change. http://t.co/pQABm9B..... September 13, 2011 @ 15:35
- Whether or not Social Security is the third rail of politics, it seems clear that Rick Perry is dead from the heart up. September 13, 2011 @ 19:46
- Why don't #http://t.co/5zXJ7Ir..... September 13, 2011 @ 20:11 or the Christian Commons catch on?
- Zionists put up a billboard in NYC claiming Iran's an al Qaeda ally. It's moronic. Al Qaeda & Iran are on extremely opposite ends of Islam. September 13, 2011 @ 21:01
- I recognize these Muslims who put up posters claiming sharia-enforcement zones in London & want it worldwide by force. http://t.co/JguRIoB..... September 13, 2011 @ 21:23
- Deregulation, GMO corn, & US subsidies are destroying people. "Food speculation fuels Mexico's tortilla crisis" http://t.co/0zIVSLV..... September 13, 2011 @ 21:54
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)