- Twitter Digest: September 16, 2011 http://t.co/5wtuhpao..... September 16, 2011 @ 10:24
- Hightower Lowdown | Why are we letting corporate Supremists steal our democracy from us? http://t.co/aQIDbo5M..... September 16, 2011 @ 10:56
- One of My Comments on SOLDIERS FOR PEACE INTERNATIONAL's Facebook Group http://t.co/km3nCQwz..... September 16, 2011 @ 11:27
- Blathering, Vague Nazi Bearing False Witness http://t.co/fbC9TNCL..... September 16, 2011 @ 12:02
- I'm not on the Tea Party "team" or the AlterNet "team." I'm with Jesus if he'll have me. September 16, 2011 @ 13:14
- Worms have developed resistance to Monsanto's genetically engineered corn. http://t.co/myIaKADJ..... via @motherjones September 16, 2011 @ 15:00
- Pro-homosexual Lies About Jesus Exposed but No Apology Forthcoming http://t.co/rSDgAzRa..... September 16, 2011 @ 20:58
- The Climate Reality Project's "24 Hours of Reality" hit "8.6 million views." @ClimateReality @algore # http://t.co/CHWHivkK..... September 17, 2011 @ 10:20
- Each hr. starts w/ a different presenter of 1 35-45 min. presentation. You may scroll to discussions. Ea. is different. http://t.co/CHWHivkK..... September 17, 2011 @ 10:27
- Penises Don't Belong in Anuses http://t.co/6TEGQRa6..... September 17, 2011 @ 12:33
- Nicotine isn't addictive, there's no anthropogenic global warming (AGW), & penises belong in anuses. Do you believe any of that? I hope not. September 17, 2011 @ 12:49
- Truth Vindication Has Occurred, and Total Truth Vindication is Inevitable http://t.co/TEbFLTqs..... September 17, 2011 @ 15:22
- You are never told why because it's a huge lie. US & Israel, say "a state can only be created through a settlement between the two sides." September 17, 2011 @ 16:25
- If Abbas stands his ground on a UN-recognized Palestinian state, he will go a long way in redeeming himself even with Hamas. September 17, 2011 @ 16:28
- The real obstacle to peace in Palestine is the land-greed of false-Jew Zionists. September 17, 2011 @ 16:29
- So-called Qaddaffi loyalists can't possibly hold out forever. Their supply lines are cut. They are committing suicide for an unjust cause. September 17, 2011 @ 16:34
- No matter what you think of NATO, Qaddaffi was not a good leader. He did some things better than other leaders, but he was very greedy. September 17, 2011 @ 16:35
- NY Mayor, Michael Bloomberg, "spent more than $100 million of his own money on the 2009 campaign." He bought office via a corrupt system. September 17, 2011 @ 16:44
- The road to a Christian world runs through freedom of religion. Jesus never forces souls to join. Entering Heaven is, in a sense, voluntary. September 17, 2011 @ 16:59
- "House Republican leaders say they are rejecting President Barack Obama's jobs proposals." He blew it on purpose back when. September 17, 2011 @ 17:07
- Barring catastrophe, if Erdogan makes peace with the Kurds & Armenians, he'll be Anatolia's greatest leader, including Ataturk & Suleiman I. September 17, 2011 @ 17:43
- Excellent analysis: "The Middle East's new emperor: Why the West quietly cheers Turkey's rise," by Doug Saunders. http://t.co/1Jt0VNWH..... September 17, 2011 @ 17:57
- UN chief Ban distances himself from Palmer report http://t.co/6kqGVDpN..... via @todayszamancom September 17, 2011 @ 18:01
- So, is Russia's President Dmitry Medvedev for or against ending one-party dictatorship in Syria? Is he shy? Spit it out, Dmitry. September 17, 2011 @ 18:11
- "...same-sex relationships are not as valid as those involving heterosexual couples." Not as? Not period. Embrace homosex and fall. September 17, 2011 @ 18:18
- Zionists "worried by Vatican gesture to traditionalists" Approx. 15 mil. Jews pre- & post-WWII — 6 mil. born during the war. Explain that. September 17, 2011 @ 18:49
- China: "An independent state" is "the inalienable right of the Palestinians." The US has been, & still is, coddling land-thieving Zionists. September 17, 2011 @ 19:03
- It's rare enough that when a high-level scientist denies Anthropogenic Global Warming, it makes science headlines. Think about that. September 17, 2011 @ 20:15
- Twitter is messing up @September 17, 2011 @ 20:23 . Twitter has been accused of unjustifiable censorship. Twitter has an ideological agenda. What is it?
- This isn't the first time Twitter has made @September 17, 2011 @ 20:25 disappear. This time it's over homosexuality. Before, it was Zionism. Mere coincidence?
- "Bacteria spreading in warming oceans" September 17, 2011 @ 20:37
- U.S. Day of Rage planned for Saturday — an Arab Spring in America? - BlogPost - The Washington Post http://t.co/XGIfFF2b..... via @washingtonpost September 17, 2011 @ 20:48
- Re: "Day of Rage" Wall Street protest: I don't like the name with the term "rage" in it, but I understand that people are upset. September 17, 2011 @ 20:52
- Re: "Day of Rage" Wall Street protest: Rage / wrath isn't peace promoting but violence promoting and whether organizers think so or not. September 17, 2011 @ 20:53
- "Wall Street Protest Begins...Demonstrators Blocked" "right-wing figure Lyndon LaRouche" LaRouche right-wing? Hardly! http://t.co/mSS9xuZr..... September 17, 2011 @ 21:16
- CBSNews: "Protesters in N.Y.C. blast money in politics" http://t.co/RriFsEL2..... September 17, 2011 @ 21:19
- ABC News: "Protesters Begin Effort to 'Occupy Wall Street'" http://t.co/Tgu8hYYg..... September 17, 2011 @ 21:23
- CNN: #http://t.co/Zkb9I23e..... September 17, 2011 @ 21:28 movement
- "Bank of America Corp., JPMorgan Chase & Co., Morgan Stanley and Citigroup Inc. ...main offices aren't on Wall Street." #September 17, 2011 @ 21:33
- BusinessWeek: "Wall Street Protesters Plan to Occupy Lower Manhattan With Tents" #September 17, 2011 @ 21:35
- On the right, gatekeepers say there is no Anthropogenic Global Warming. On the left, it's 9/11 wasn't an inside job. http://t.co/bHBR46MG..... September 17, 2011 @ 22:27
- Twitter is telling me I'm being retweeted, but it won't show me by whom. September 17, 2011 @ 23:32
- Will Zionists at the top of Israeli government be so stupid as to allow this? They are dumb, but are they that dumb? http://t.co/kYcYcvXy..... September 17, 2011 @ 23:33
- Consider & evaluate claims against the JDL. I read Zionist sites, and I read anti-Zionist sites of all types. http://t.co/AFsBFz6C..... September 17, 2011 @ 23:35
- @Scarry "Don't Americans care abt # ??" Drones are changing everything. @nytimes September 17, 2011 @ 23:36
- "Watch now: TV On The Radio" What does that mean? September 18, 2011 @ 00:51
- Why didn't the Fed release a statement on the dollar liquidity bailout? | Credit Writedowns http://t.co/o84LTFS0..... September 19, 2011 @ 15:29
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)