- Twitter Digest: September 19, 2011 http://t.co/XDpkqFDo..... September 19, 2011 @ 15:54
- Gnostic Misdefinition of Jesus's Message and God/YHVH in the Gospels http://t.co/BjIh520z..... September 19, 2011 @ 17:25
- @Scarry @kppotatoes ..., Pentagon-glorifying movies, violent & militaristic video games, violence-oriented toys, sanitized war stories, .... September 19, 2011 @ 18:27
- @misguidedpol "hasn't tweeted yet," says Twitter. September 19, 2011 @ 18:53
- If under the UN, Palestinians can't be out from under land-thieving, ethnic-cleansing Zionists, form a new UN without Israel or the US. September 19, 2011 @ 19:40
- I will go through my follow list to drop the many game-players who drop people as soon as they follow back. September 19, 2011 @ 19:45
- Friendfeed hasn't been syncing with Twitter since September 12, 2011. Why not? http://ff.im/LGjm1..... September 19, 2011 @ 19:48
- Time for New UN sans Israel, US?: UN Vote, Occupation of Palestine, Struggle for Liberation http://t.co/zm7zPeXH..... September 19, 2011 @ 20:08
- Is it really necessary? A King County Sheriff's helicopter has been circling the nearest main intersection for hours. Burien, WA, 9/19/2011
- There have been zero sirens. It always seems there are never any sirens when they do this. I never hear anything suggesting an emergency.
- What it feels like is wasting helicopter fuel and polluting the air with exhaust and much, much noise. It is a loud helicopter.
- Well, I hope they have a great reason to be doing this. I hope they aren't just making work, so to speak — filling the time with waste.
- Occupy Wall Street #http://t.co/yZMwwlso..... September 19, 2011 @ 21:33
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/ELU1GGGN..... Occupy Wall Street Protests September 19, 2011 @ 21:39
- Occupy Wall Street | #http://t.co/k4pQK1iC..... September 19, 2011 @ 21:50 | Adbusters Culturejammer Headquarters
- Anonymous Plans To #http://t.co/6HeaWJF7..... September 19, 2011 @ 21:55 Department of Homeland Security Warns Bankers
- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/lOc4ejhs..... Pwning the Libertarians...again September 19, 2011 @ 22:16
- Why the helicopter circled for hours in my town: "No injuries as shooter opens fire at Surgery center in Burien" http://t.co/EPnphEGb..... September 19, 2011 @ 22:35
- Clegg's a boob. Government will not veer from a path of swinging austerity cuts (Reuters paraphrasing Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg). September 19, 2011 @ 22:42
- Let me break it to you, Dawkins. Creationism and Intelligent Design do not necessarily mean God created everything in six 24-hour days! September 19, 2011 @ 22:51
- Gatekeepers are trying to prevent the children from learning that there are people who believe God created everything in six 24-hour days. September 19, 2011 @ 22:52
- There is a place in classrooms (philosophy, theology, etc.) to inform children there are people who believe in six 24-hour days of creation. September 19, 2011 @ 22:55
- To not be taught that there're are people who believe in six 24-hour days of creation is to receive a lousy education. September 19, 2011 @ 22:56
- It's a lousy education not to be taught that currently, there's no "proving/disproving" God created or didn't create anything or everything. September 19, 2011 @ 23:01
- "Child abuse climbs with recession: study" The depression itself is also child abuse. It's society abuse by the superrich takers/banksters. September 19, 2011 @ 23:06
- "PETA to launch porn site in name of animal rights" Well, they've lost what ever they had left of me, which wasn't much if anything at all. September 19, 2011 @ 23:47
- Obama plan: $3 tril in deficit cuts, 10 yrs, roughly 1/2 from higher taxes on wealthy & big corporations. Other 1/2: Gore the innocent. September 19, 2011 @ 23:59
- Obama claims $1.1 trillion in cuts will come from reducing the wars in Iraq & Afghanistan. Well, it's better than nothing, but do it! September 20, 2011 @ 00:05
- "Obama...said he would work with Congress to revamp the tax code and lower corporate tax rates, but that any deal must raise revenue" What? September 20, 2011 @ 00:07
- Sleight of hand, voodoo economics, smoke & mirrors: "We can lower the corporate rate if we get rid of all these special deals," Obama said. September 20, 2011 @ 00:10
- Get rid of the "special deals" and raise the rates, $#%^&*(. September 20, 2011 @ 00:12
- Boehner rejected Obama's $3 tril plan because it might raise taxes on the superrich, to whom Boehner kisses up. September 20, 2011 @ 00:16
- "We are not going to have a one-sided deal that hurts the folks that are most vulnerable.": Obama. We'll have a 2-sided deal that does it. September 20, 2011 @ 00:21
- "Death toll in Syria protests rises to 2,700: U.N. rights office" Russia and China don't give a damn. September 20, 2011 @ 00:30
- "Taxing the Rich, the Obama Way" Tell it, Robert Reich. http://t.co/AC5YuRhZ..... September 20, 2011 @ 00:38
- Are they really going to make Cyprus a "hot" issue again. Make peace. Don't let Zionism spoil it. September 20, 2011 @ 00:51
- "Fox News considered "best" cable news network" Fascist! news network September 20, 2011 @ 00:59
- The future is here: "Futuristic pods whisk travellers around UK airport" http://t.co/ONEVEDsG..... September 20, 2011 @ 01:20
- Same bad, old neoliberal economics: "Lenders press Greece to shrink state and avoid default | Reuters" http://t.co/UJ9mOVca..... September 20, 2011 @ 01:26
- Larry Summers gets paid a great deal to write a great deal saying nothing. "The perils of European incrementalism" http://t.co/oYJA4Qxu..... September 20, 2011 @ 02:05
- 19 9 Homs Ø£ÙˆØºØ§Ø±ÙŠØª , ØÙ…Øµ , Ø£ØØ±Ø§Ø± Ø§Ù„ÙˆØ¹Ø± Ø§Ù„Ù‚Ø¯ÙŠÙ… ÙˆØ§ØºÙ†ÙŠØ© Ø±Ø§Ø¦Ø¹Ø© ÙÙŠ Ù…Ø³Ø§Ø¦ÙŠØ© Ø£Ø±Ùˆ... http://t.co/TBaNn93C..... September 20, 2011 @ 02:14
- @Sincartel http://t.co/pLVGP68E..... If the bullets match, they're toast. September 20, 2011 @ 23:26
- Say what you will about how great @facebook and @twitter are, but I still get the vast majority of visits to my blog via @google searches. September 20, 2011 @ 23:46
- Corporations are Protected Over Individual Persons. Why Did the Supreme Court Wrongfully Discriminate Against All In... http://t.co/18gi1DOc..... September 21, 2011 @ 00:26
- 1) http://t.co/IViy6AqX..... 2)
http://t.co/otqYiUyz..... # September 21, 2011 @ 00:58
- So, if no one else stops the execution of Troy Davis, will Barack Obama pardon him in time since there is a shadow of doubt about his guilt? September 21, 2011 @ 02:03
- Barack Obama, pardon Troy Davis. You won't be sorry you did. Can you stand by while a man is killed on such flimsy & nonexistent evidence? September 21, 2011 @ 02:06
- Troy Davis #http://t.co/pQWBhIk3..... September 22, 2011 @ 01:10 Mainstream coverage from ABC News: "Troy Davis Execution Delayed for Supreme Court Decision"
- Rick Perry: "policy of appeasement toward the Palestinians" He's an absolute numbskull! http://t.co/VbnOGpON..... @GreeGreece September 22, 2011 @ 01:43
- "Perry also said his interpretation of Christianity requires him to support the state of Israel." The real Israel is not Zionist, Rick! September 22, 2011 @ 01:46
- @Scarry @kppotatoes @nytimes "CIA's Push for Drone War Driven by Internal Needs" http://t.co/dS5BMGbo..... September 22, 2011 @ 02:29
- @jncatron @Only4RM Are murders of police officers in the US offenses against the US? How strict-constructionist are you, & what's it mean? September 22, 2011 @ 02:49
- @michellemalkin "So # is trending, but # is not." Michelle, you aren't sure Troy was guilty. Why be so hard? September 22, 2011 @ 03:31
- #September 22, 2011 @ 03:41 "Those who know Troy should not have been killed & stand for that are why I don't let Satan turn this nation to ash." — God
- #September 22, 2011 @ 04:02 #RIPTROYDAVIS He blessed you as you murdered him. Bless them that curse you. Bless your enemies. Bless you, false-Supreme Court.
- Don't hate Clarence Thomas? Just hate the sin? You know a tree by its fruit, don't you? Love your enemy. You have to know who that is. I do. September 22, 2011 @ 04:07
- United States Notes: Bill Still on the Keiser Report with Max Keiser http://t.co/BTZyNCoK..... September 22, 2011 @ 06:11
- @PacificJustice Re: The Fromm (Free Exercise) case, for one, pit the city's definition of "Church" against the IRS's. September 22, 2011 @ 16:19
- @PacificJustice Re: Fromm "Church": "...where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I...." Mat. 18:20 September 22, 2011 @ 16:21
- @pacificjustice "Tweets are protected." Sensitive info via Twitter v. transparency & spreading the word: Use more than 1 Twitter account. September 22, 2011 @ 16:25
- Another Comment of Mine on SOLDIERS FOR PEACE INTERNATIONAL's Facebook Group http://t.co/eZqt3h4z..... September 22, 2011 @ 18:36
- Nuclear, Clean Coal, AGW Deniers, Corporatism/Fascism: Bill Clinton Can't Carry Al Gore's Water http://t.co/T5BrscFB..... September 22, 2011 @ 19:58
- AGW-deniers are back on the defensive where they belong. Thank you, Al Gore and others. #http://t.co/Nw10Z18R..... September 22, 2011 @ 20:11 Climate Reality:
- "WI Judge to Zinniker, FTCLDF: No "Fundamental Right" to Own a Cow, or Consume Its Milk...Am I Making Myself Clear?" Clearly idiotic! September 22, 2011 @ 20:18
- Look, if you think you can play violent video games without being conditioned to respond violently, you're an idiot. September 22, 2011 @ 20:26
- Donald Rumsfeld Stripped Of Immunity In Torture Case | Neon Tommy: http://t.co/58HstEDg..... via @AddThis September 22, 2011 @ 20:28
- Keeping the poor down by the rich crushing them: "Republicans...efforts to reduce spending and keep taxes low for everyone." September 22, 2011 @ 21:08
- To stimulate lending, Bernanke increases the price of Treasury securities making them less attractive to banks to park bailout money? September 22, 2011 @ 21:18
- Prior tweet: Bernanke increases price of Treasuries making them less attractive to banks to park bailout money? Here: September 22, 2011 @ 21:20
- On and on they go ignoring that Gaddafi (Qaddaffi; his spelling) ordered unarmed protesters to be shot in cold blood. http://t.co/ss3xGdJd..... September 22, 2011 @ 21:47
- No, I don't support NATO violence. Anyway, they're inconsistent about UNSC's R2P. I don't support David Cameron. I support the whole truth. September 22, 2011 @ 21:50
- Told you: "Hawaii...refused...forensic examination... [of] Obama birth records...." Release them. Shut them UP! http://t.co/b7DvYA09..... September 22, 2011 @ 21:57
- George Soros is wrong on this. Leaving the euro does not necessarily mean a deflated sovereign currency. It depends. http://t.co/3vdfCyxw..... September 22, 2011 @ 22:15
- @Only4RM @jncatron US-citizen police are just that. It's a federal crime to murder them whether the case/law is also @ the state level. September 22, 2011 @ 22:22
- @Only4RM @jncatron Your position is "states' rights." I don't fully subscribe. Fed. gov. is supreme v. states. Anyway: http://t.co/Ed0UHAsH..... September 22, 2011 @ 22:25
- @Only4RM @jncatron True. September 22, 2011 @ 22:28
- @Only4RM @jncatron Thanks for acknowledging that "There's an argument that this SHOULD be the case." Obama should have issued the pardon. September 22, 2011 @ 22:30
- @Only4RM @jncatron Obama should have issued the pardon and fought for it (win or lose). There is also the "civil rights" aspect (racism). September 22, 2011 @ 22:32
- @Only4RM @jncatron Your position is indirectly/unintentionally states' rights. That's my view. I understand/understood yours. September 22, 2011 @ 22:34
- @Only4RM @jncatron "A change in the Const./law would be required to give him that power." He has the power depending upon interpretation. September 22, 2011 @ 22:35
- @Only4RM "You want the Constitutional scholar to do something that's ON ITS FACE unconstitutional?" I don't agree it's unconstitutional. September 22, 2011 @ 22:39
- @Only4RM That's why I raised the issue of your "strict constructionist" views. I don't subscribe. The document seems a dead letter with you. September 22, 2011 @ 22:41
- @Only4RM "any attempt by POTUS would be squashed sua sponte by SCOTUS." That would have been time for a civil-rights case to be built. September 22, 2011 @ 22:44
- @Only4RM "squashed sua sponte by SCOTUS" Not necessarily if the case is civil rights.... The Obama admin. should have been ready. September 22, 2011 @ 22:46
- @Only4RM "And some people think the moon is made of green cheese." That's some pretty weak argumentation coming from a lawyer. September 22, 2011 @ 22:47
- @Only4RM "I feel bad arguing w. you because your motivation is good. Argh!" Hey, no hard feelings. I feel the same about you. September 22, 2011 @ 22:48
- @Only4RM They've made their ruling. Now let them enforce it. Where does it say in the Constitution that the Court has the final say? September 22, 2011 @ 22:50
- @Only4RM Additional concepts: Cowardice, thinking inside the box, allowing an innocent person to be murdered by a US state (note: "US"). September 22, 2011 @ 22:53
- @Only4RM "PRECEDENT" is always up for debate. You're a traditionalist. Don't overturn bad rulings? Forget that! September 22, 2011 @ 22:55
- @Only4RM Which precedents & customs, the ones Scalia likes? I'm making new traditions — righteous ones. That's the point of the real law. September 22, 2011 @ 22:59
- @Only4RM "Done." Anyway, again, no hard feelings. September 22, 2011 @ 23:01
- @Only4RM "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing." You don't know how much I know. Peace! September 22, 2011 @ 23:02
- @Only4RM Done. September 22, 2011 @ 23:02
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)