- Twitter Digest: September 22, 2011 http://t.co/et83dzsV..... September 22, 2011 @ 23:23
- What a lawless world this is — unbelievably corrupt. On one level, Troy Davis is better off getting out of this anthropogenic Hell. September 23, 2011 @ 04:40
- Doesn't Troy Davis' execution feel like finding out the US tortures people? Isn't it totally disillusioning? For me, it's more confirmation. September 23, 2011 @ 04:44
- @Only4RM I don't want to leave you with the impression that I think you are in Scalia's or Thomas's camp. I knew before that you aren't. September 23, 2011 @ 05:24
- @Only4RM I did label you, but my connotations were not the typical. I was speaking in relative terms. I am confusing, especially at first. September 23, 2011 @ 05:29
- @Only4RM So, no offense intended and none taken. Again, peace! September 23, 2011 @ 05:30
- Abbas stakes Palestinian claim to state at U.N. | Reuters http://t.co/4htb4S03..... via @reuters September 23, 2011 @ 22:36
- Not bad for an article on an MSM site: It's an opinion piece though. "The US elections and pandering to Israel" http://t.co/lCXpP6SO..... September 23, 2011 @ 22:44
- "Peace impossible through U.N. resolutions" Doubtful; Statehood certainly isn't. Give a state, peace or not. Yet, 1-state solution is best. September 23, 2011 @ 22:48
- Up & down, up & down, gold is so stable. What do you do with it, stare at it while praying with a shotgun across your lap? That's living! September 23, 2011 @ 23:03
- Gold versus United States Notes (USD) as the sole US currency? I'd take USD anytime! ANYTIME! September 23, 2011 @ 23:05
- Hope it's a simple mistake: "Major Truth News website Scrubbed out of existence by Google" - http://t.co/PPTnCUqP..... September 24, 2011 @ 00:33
- What about Sistan and Baluchestan Province? http://t.co/IOem0ly0..... "Ahmadinejad promotes European separatism" Raw Story September 24, 2011 @ 00:40
- #http://t.co/vUXQ5o5K..... September 24, 2011 @ 00:43 Blocks # from Top Trending Topic Twice
- If you think this is campaigning, you ain't seen nothing yet. Hiss. "Obama Adviser: ...We're Not Really Campaigning" http://t.co/6IblXbTJ..... September 24, 2011 @ 00:50
- "Obama Adviser: All Evidence To The Contrary, We're Not Really Campaigning Yet" We're just kissing Zionist behinds because we like it. September 24, 2011 @ 00:52
- Different coverage is due to capitalist duping. "What if the Tea Party Occupied Wall Street?" | Common Dreams: http://t.co/07onCgpy..... September 24, 2011 @ 00:58
- Good news for Guerrero's garden http://t.co/lBWIXpeW..... via @grist September 24, 2011 @ 01:00
- Any real Church wouldn't go along with such coercion either: "ACLU: Ala. town cannot impose church sentences" September 24, 2011 @ 01:13
- They aren't TP but corporatists. "Tea Party Crashes 'Occupy Wall Street'..., Finally Brings Press" http://t.co/DgnzvSnd..... via @freewoodpost September 24, 2011 @ 01:24
- "Obama: America's 'first Jewish president'?" Truman did a good rendition. Obama is the 1st full-blown Zionist $$$ Pres. http://t.co/Rzel4Ndr..... September 24, 2011 @ 01:46
- I agree with all of that but the "keep a big hunk" part. (@YouTube http://t.co/Lf1uaE64.....) September 24, 2011 @ 01:58
- Right on! "You cannot be for the liberation of Yemen and Syria, and then skip a line when it comes to Palestine." http://t.co/PKqOQJdj..... September 24, 2011 @ 02:01
- You left out the part where Hillary said you might not like what they (Al-Jazee (@YouTube http://t.co/GtpUkQ6i.....) September 24, 2011 @ 02:26
- "You never even asked him to stop." That says it all. (@YouTube http://t.co/eZKwP5jc.....) September 24, 2011 @ 02:35
- What kind of people are for the death penalty to get some guilty people even though innocent people who were on death row were exonerated? September 24, 2011 @ 03:20
- Very poorly done hiding the NYT not giving much of a damn about Zionism's evils: http://t.co/H3Toijt4..... @MaxBlumenthal September 25, 2011 @ 01:25
- Russia Today (RT) "The Conspiracy Channel"? http://t.co/05lwusYU..... I'm actually a 9/11 Truther (which is far fro... (cont) September 25, 2011 @ 01:52
- Fascistic NYPD Stupidly Increasing the Likelihood of Violent Revolution: Peaceful Female Protesters Penned in the St... http://t.co/2IojJ6Ut..... September 25, 2011 @ 03:23
- Morris, whether I've agreed with your every statement or not, you have never co (@YouTube http://t.co/PANeEuDr.....) September 25, 2011 @ 08:24
- "Medvedev backs Putin for president" http://t.co/htNlQ687..... Does he? September 25, 2011 @ 08:40
- Be what God wants to see: @Liturgy @earthXplorer @AnnTran_: "Be who you want to be...not what other people want to see. ~ Unknown # quot; September 25, 2011 @ 18:49
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)