- Twitter Digest: September 28, 2011 http://t.co/Te0y5fKD..... September 28, 2011 @ 11:00
- Twitter Digest: September 28, 2011 September 28, 2011 @ 18:15
- @LetPeepsVote You're typically evasive — afraid of truth. Answer the question: Do penises belong in anuses? Which is the ans: Yes or no? September 29, 2011 @ 01:57
- Just because a court doesn't throw out a case because of entrapment doesn't mean it wasn't entrapment. There are Zionist judges in the US. September 29, 2011 @ 03:14
- RT @GreeGreece @cdashiell: Libertarians should be air-dropped naked into the Amazon rainforest. Freedom! deck.ly/~IXD4z September 29, 2011 @ 03:16
- If Russian Orthodox want to rebuke Nabokov & Gabriel Garcia Marquez for promoting/justifying pedophilia, that's freedom of religion. September 29, 2011 @ 03:55
- Turkey's frank attitude "did not begin yesterday or with the Mavi Marmara." Among other times, It began with Zionists invading Palestine. September 29, 2011 @ 04:00
- "There are [Palestinian political] prisoners who have been in solitary confinement [by Zionists] for 10 years." September 29, 2011 @ 04:02
- "According to...Israeli rights group B'tselem in April, there are 5,380 Palestinians held in Israeli jails, 217...under 18." September 29, 2011 @ 04:03
- For being supposed socialists, per "libertarian-capitalists, the EU is slow in the head about union & a debt-free currency. Easy as pie! September 29, 2011 @ 04:07
- @360CNN "Mossad Assassins attempted to assassinate Turkey's PM Erdogan in # ..!" Yes, but let's say, "allegedly": http://t.co/QvrlYaad..... September 29, 2011 @ 04:12
- Israel on Palestine: "When I steal your land, I'm not settling there. I'm just becoming part of the neighborhood." @avinunu September 29, 2011 @ 04:18
- British For. Sec. William Hague: Iranian pastor's death sentence "deplorable." The Qur'an says there's no compulsion in religion. Go figure. September 29, 2011 @ 04:31
- Peace, per se, on Zionist terms isn't what Palestinian statehood is about. It's about statehood. The US has no legitimate right to block it. September 29, 2011 @ 04:38
- With zero proof shown against them: "Iran is under 5 sets of UN Security Council sanctions, as well as US ones, over its nuclear program." September 29, 2011 @ 04:46
- @360CNN I AM a very strong anti-Zionist. However, I don't accept it when Zionists just make claims. I hold others and myself to that too. September 29, 2011 @ 04:54
- @360CNN I think "alleged" and "allegedly" are good words and should be used more by all journalists. I often say "reportedly." September 29, 2011 @ 04:55
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)