- Twitter Digest: October 1, 2011 http://t.co/EZng5Woy..... October 1, 2011 @ 13:51
- Sketchy: "20,000 shoulder-fired anti-aircraft missiles are now missing" http://t.co/wdWBSgHD..... October 1, 2011 @ 15:32
- Michele Bachmann: "we have Arab Spring" because "Obama has laid the table...by demonstrating weakness." Hello? The Arab Spring is Good! October 1, 2011 @ 15:36
- Hey, Toby Keith, do you tell kids that penises belong in anuses? If so, you're an ass. It's not okay! There's something wrong with it. October 1, 2011 @ 15:40
- Helping with PTSD is great, but preventing it in the first place is vastly wiser. End war, rape, & child physical and sexual abuse, etc. October 1, 2011 @ 15:49
- Bubble car self-service scheme launches in Paris http://t.co/8lSFXTwh..... via @guardian October 1, 2011 @ 15:51
- Well good for Fox News: Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich, ACLU, [sound like me] Decry Killing Of American Without A Trial http://t.co/ONlN4ywb..... October 1, 2011 @ 16:11
- Unfortunately, the US has a ZOG. Bill Clinton: "Everybody knows the US Congress is the most pro-Israel parliamentary body in the world." October 1, 2011 @ 16:18
- Germany is NOT seriously considering bringing back the Deutschmark. Germany just doesn't know how to be the leader of the US of Europe. October 1, 2011 @ 16:27
- United States Notes is what I keep telling you all is the way out: debt-free money the US issues directly — no Bonds, no Federal Reserve! October 1, 2011 @ 16:30
- "United States Notes" should be a mantra. We could pay off the National Debt instantly. We could have full employment extremely soon. October 1, 2011 @ 16:31
- The EU could have its own version of "United States Notes." With the dollar and the euro interest-free, we'd be out from under banksters! October 1, 2011 @ 16:33
- Tom Usher's Statement Submitted to the US State Department Calling For the Rejection of the Dirty Tar Sand's Keyston... http://t.co/QQOMwf4x..... October 2, 2011 @ 03:04
- Many good points: RT @SteveSammons "Jesus Is Not Nice: The chaos of grace & the grace of chaos" @markgalli @CTmagazine October 2, 2011 @ 03:46
- @http://t.co/Lf1uaE64.....) October 2, 2011 @ 04:35 Wow, you have a nerve saying she's not very bright. Do really (@YouTube
- This video was perfectly timed to assist me in a comment thread on YouTube: you (@YouTube http://t.co/9dlcntjq.....) October 2, 2011 @ 05:31
- Elizabeth Warren, Taxation; Max Keiser, Stacy Herbert, Nomi Prins on Banksters & Financial Terrorists http://t.co/emgD9qsr..... October 2, 2011 @ 05:35
- Elizabeth Warren: "The Coming Collapse of the Middle Class" (June, 2007) http://t.co/ApIxdUrZ..... October 2, 2011 @ 07:26
- #http://t.co/VyWRQ5Ee..... October 2, 2011 @ 08:06 "The U.S. Passed Mandatory Health Insurance In 1798 Under President And Founding Father, John Adams"
- Adams also signed the "Alien and Sedition Acts": no guarantee of what was "constitutional," even though a "founder." http://t.co/3oStQChG..... October 2, 2011 @ 08:13
- #http://t.co/us2b52Fy..... October 2, 2011 @ 08:43 I doubt those kids merited this treatment. "NYPD Thugs Arresting Children On Brooklyn Bridge"
- Hearts are hardening. Banksters are playing with fire: "URGENT #http://t.co/WBpoFt8v..... October 2, 2011 @ 08:57 TRANSMISSION - The Bankers Are The Problem"
- "Even China." Even China what?" Even China requires it." Even China requires what?" Even China requires GMO labeling! http://t.co/EKVFqgIw..... October 4, 2011 @ 08:33
- A long but worthwhile read: "The Reign of the One Percenters" [finance capitalists] Christopher Ketcham, Orion Magazine http://t.co/9YT9zvnL..... October 4, 2011 @ 10:10
- Does he care about the Arabs? Netanyahu 'Furious' as Mosque Torched — News from Antiwar.com: http://t.co/SlieBNCO..... October 4, 2011 @ 10:24
- Divorced from reality? "Michelle Obama has an organic garden..., but the Obama administration is embracing GMOs...." http://t.co/urWM4Bcm..... October 4, 2011 @ 10:53
- @LetPeepsVote Answer my question. Do penises belong in anuses? As for your claim, Jesus's definition doesn't allow for homosexual marriage. October 4, 2011 @ 11:09
- Simple truth: If penises don't belong in anuses (they don't), then 1) all homosexuals doing it are wrong & 2) homosexuality is not okay. October 4, 2011 @ 11:14
- Homosexuals duck the obvious truth that penises don't belong in anuses yet stupidly continue arguing as if that fact is not right there. October 4, 2011 @ 11:20
- When the Zionists go after the Koch Brothers, do the Koch Brothers do anything behind the scenes against the Zionists or are they afraid? October 4, 2011 @ 12:20
- Does everyone who interviews the President interrupt him now? Times sure have changed. When I was a kid, it never happened that I remember. October 4, 2011 @ 12:44
- Poor people having good jobs is more important than rich people having low taxes. Income & wealth disparity is the highest since the 1920's. October 4, 2011 @ 12:52
- Back in the early 1950's when the US had half the world's wealth, taxes on the super-rich were at 91%. They weren't hurting at all either. October 4, 2011 @ 12:55
- "...gaping hole in the Arctic ozone layer where over 80% of the existing ozone was completely obliterated" possibly due to AGW. #October 4, 2011 @ 13:04
- "Arctic ozone hole breaks all records." Is there a direct connection with AGW? http://t.co/ROZF3nT3..... October 4, 2011 @ 13:07
- Tea Party Patriots National Chairman Mark Meckler calls #October 4, 2011 @ 13:20 "law breaking people." Tell that to WeAreChange and Alex Jones.
- So, how many Tea Partiers are actually neocons? When the Tea Party started, it was definitely not neocon / Zionist or imperialistic. October 4, 2011 @ 13:33
- "Will robots steal white-collar jobs next?" They already are, & the rate is increasing. Hell & Heaven are coming & in that order. October 4, 2011 @ 13:55
- Good overview of Polanyi (left-economics): "Karl Polanyi and Globalisation," by Girish Mishra. October 18, 2008. http://t.co/qB7ZoK4M..... October 5, 2011 @ 17:23
- Good overview of Polanyi (left-economics): "Karl Polanyi and Globalisation," by Girish Mishra. October 18, 2008. http://t.co/pk8nG5TG..... October 5, 2011 @ 17:38
- When others drop out, to whom will their supporters flock? "Poll: Cain Moves Into Tie for First With Romney" http://t.co/o45k7AqK..... October 5, 2011 @ 17:50
- My tweet was tweeted to 11,201 people so far. Thank you, one and all! http://t.co/DwS8ITlK..... @GreeGreece Tony, I think you got it rolling! October 5, 2011 @ 18:06
- Blame yourself for not joining the banksters? Idiot! "Don't blame the big banks, if you don't have a job & you're not rich.": Herman Cain. October 5, 2011 @ 18:54
- "70 percent say Republicans are more interested in protecting the interests of the wealthy than those of the middle class." Duh! Only 70? October 5, 2011 @ 19:17
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)