- Twitter Digest: October 5, 2011 http://t.co/yM0fbhzO..... October 5, 2011 @ 21:04
- Self-professed Christian proselytizers wrongfully discriminated against by Chicago in favor of homosexuals/vendors?:... http://t.co/ppwpdR0F..... October 6, 2011 @ 16:11
- Bails or buys what? Remember Turkey v. Syria's dictator & Putin's UN veto: "Russia 'bails out' cash-strapped Cyprus" http://t.co/Ud8N2WXF..... October 6, 2011 @ 17:03
- Answer: New Deal on steroids. "If the goal is to create jobs, then why are we even talking about tax hikes?" Senator Mitch McConnell, R-Ky. October 6, 2011 @ 19:00
- A multi-paged MSM report on a "huge" scam in Iran, and all it says is "involved illegal bank withdrawals." You call that journalism? Crap! October 6, 2011 @ 19:09
- Crazy like Bldg 7 & Moscow Apts.: Dmitry Peskov, Putin associated with Politkovskaya's death "is as crazy as...White House...behind 9/11." October 6, 2011 @ 19:16
- Do you know which bank became the "bad bank" to suck up the toxic securities? Ans: The taxpayers, the workers. The Fed just drags it out. October 6, 2011 @ 19:21
- "Wall St protests spread [union involvement now], unlikely sympathy from Fed" http://t.co/GTn8evW6..... October 6, 2011 @ 19:29
- If many weren't, then some were. "Obama said...many...activities that precipitated the financial crisis...were not necessarily illegal." October 6, 2011 @ 19:42
- NATO v. Russia/China: "Free Syrian Army" attacks across Syria against Bashar Assad's dictatorship. October 6, 2011 @ 19:55
- Dennis Kucinich, getting it: "coin money...spend it into circulation...put...Americans...to work in a way that is noninflationary." HR 2990 October 6, 2011 @ 20:34
- How can you study GMO crops in just 90 days and say they don't cause diseases? Cancer can show up decades later. http://t.co/osjyyQGZ..... October 6, 2011 @ 20:47
- ATF Officials Reassigned as Fast and Furious Continues to Derail http://t.co/FaeJkMDN..... October 6, 2011 @ 21:04
- Support the citizens initiative to require mandatory labeling of GMO ingredients. "...the beginning of the end for Monsanto." Hallelujah! October 7, 2011 @ 11:25
- The people of Monsanto must be stopped. After that, I suggest we not starve them but continue asking them to repent & atone. October 7, 2011 @ 11:27
- California "Right2Know" GMO Labeling Act of 2012 on the ballot...need to collect a minimum of 505,000 in 150 days. #October 7, 2011 @ 11:29
- "We need mandatory labeling of GMOs so we can start to drive them off the market, as our counterparts in Europe have done." October 7, 2011 @ 11:30
- The FDA allows Monsanto, who claimed DDT, PCB's, & Agent Orange were safe, to determine that GMO's are safe. We know they aren't safe! October 7, 2011 @ 11:34
- Down with the plutocrats. Up with the righteous! October 7, 2011 @ 11:37
- Plutocrats repent! You have stolen the wealth of the planet for wicked ends. The whole of the Earth is the rightful inheritance of all. October 7, 2011 @ 11:38
- Organic Consumers Association, Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap, Center for Food Safety, Mercola.com, Nature's Path, ... # October 7, 2011 @ 11:41
- Natural News.com, LabelGMOs.org, Food Democracy Now, & the Institute for Responsible Technology # October 7, 2011 @ 11:42
- Response to: "High Court rejects Vanunu's petition" - Israel News, Ynetnews http://t.co/RMJuCW7K..... October 7, 2011 @ 11:58
- Benjamin Franklin ID's tight-money scam: "A Modest Enquiry into the Nature and Necessity of Paper Currency" (1729) http://t.co/SGS9jx6H..... October 7, 2011 @ 15:10
- Israel denied him his freedom, AGAIN! Retweet, join, share, invite... "Free Mordechai Vanunu" wearewideawake October 7, 2011 @ 15:20 @
- 1748 Sermon, Nathaniel Appleton: "The Cry of Oppression" (over inflation). You can apply this to tight money too. http://t.co/Y3eWe6mj..... October 7, 2011 @ 16:02
- I favorited a @YouTube video http://t.co/GtkOMkZR..... Caitlin Jane- Unborn October 7, 2011 @ 16:57
- From Steve Jobs to Steve Jobs as he rides the elevator down: "We won't be needing you." Did he care about slave wages? Laud him? For what? October 7, 2011 @ 17:02
- @VickiStClair "Is Sex Addiction a real malady or convenient excuse...? ... what do you think?" It's definitely real but breakable. October 7, 2011 @ 17:04
- Boston Review — Evgeny Morozov: Bugger Off "Spying Online Is Perilous and Unnecessary" BostonReview October 7, 2011 @ 17:24 via @
- #mia_farrow @GreeGreece @CineversityTV @avinunu October 7, 2011 @ 17:33 @
- #MiaFarrow It didn't work the first time because it offered mia_farrow for some reason. Anyway, it's only my 2nd FF. Peace! October 7, 2011 @ 17:37 @
- Wanna buy the Brooklyn Bridge? Clarence Thomas failed to file wife's employment "due to a misunderstanding of the filing instructions." October 7, 2011 @ 18:21
- 10 yrs ago, US invaded Afghanistan to get bin Laden the Taliban agreed to give up if US showed proof re 9/11. FBI said, there's no proof. October 7, 2011 @ 18:26
- Leon Panetta: "I have a helluva lot more weapons available to me in this job than I had at the CIA. Although the Predators aren't that bad." October 7, 2011 @ 19:03
- Leon Panetta, "Although the Predators aren't that bad"? How many innocent kids did you kill, you monster? "Monster" is going easy on him. October 7, 2011 @ 19:06
- Is Putin throwing someone to the dogs? Anna Politkovskaya exposed Putin and died. So did people in apartment building bombings by the FSB. October 7, 2011 @ 19:18
- It was not sugar! Bombings stopped immediately. Who doesn't think it was all false-flag to lift Putin, the KGB man, like neocons & 9/11? October 7, 2011 @ 19:27
- It was not sugar, and the bombings stopped immediately. http://t.co/tU9MGlsV..... Putin backs violent dictators. October 7, 2011 @ 19:28
- Tisk-tisk: 34 Somali Muslim Hertz Sea-Tac Airport shuttle drivers were suspended for naughtily taking prayer breaks without clocking out. October 7, 2011 @ 19:36
- Seattle Mayor, Mike McGinn, allows overnight tent in city park: "I share the values and the message of the #October 7, 2011 @ 19:40 movement."
- Update #http://t.co/BXW6JXY3..... # October 7, 2011 @ 19:44
- "Medvedev...defended Russia's decision to veto a European-backed U.N. Security Council resolution on Syria," as if he's a pacifist. October 7, 2011 @ 19:51
- Medvedev defends Russia's veto on Syria as Russia sells Assad weapons & seeks Russian-Sino imperial pact as EurAsia v. NATO. October 7, 2011 @ 19:57
- Herman Cain is in the lead because he said don't blame banksters for their kleptomania. Blame yourself for being ripped off. October 7, 2011 @ 20:10
- Russian, ur, Syrian forces kill at least eight unarmed protesters and wound scores more. October 7, 2011 @ 20:18
- "Computer Virus Hits U.S. Drone Fleet" @dangerroom Do you want to tell me why the Pentagon is sharing this "news" with us? October 7, 2011 @ 20:28
- The federal government (We the people) should hire all of the unemployed who can work. "SCARIEST JOBS CHART EVER" http://t.co/7XYaZ87d..... October 7, 2011 @ 21:02
- In '08, I said the crash would cut wealth 1/2. With the toxic write-offs, isn't that about right? Now, if America does the right things ... October 7, 2011 @ 21:19
- Commentary on: H.R. 2990 "National Emergency Employment Defense Act of 2011": a monetary-reform act http://t.co/a6Xc9ux6..... October 8, 2011 @ 13:02
- I've removed all the tweets to @360CNN because I blogged them all with his/her replies: "Dictatorial, Pseudo-Socialism (Crooked Billionaire Muammar Qaddaffi; aka Gaddafi) or Real, Democratic Socialism"
- Dictatorial, Pseudo-Socialism (Crooked Billionaire Muammar Qaddaffi; aka Gaddafi) or Real, Democratic Socialism http://t.co/c2P4vvNZ..... October 9, 2011 @ 10:02
- It was the most meaningful Yom Kippur of my life because we were affirming the freedom to worship—we were th... (cont) October 9, 2011 @ 10:34
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)