- Twitter Digest: October 9, 2011 http://t.co/Oyeyola8..... October 9, 2011 @ 11:22
- Down with the Plutocrats & Kleptocrats. Warn them. Let them repent & atone, or let their father (Satan) have them! October 9, 2011 @ 11:55
- Truth matters: "US Presbyterian church ordains first gay [homosexual] minister." It's anti-Christ. It's against his teachings! Denounce it. October 9, 2011 @ 12:32
- Khamenei has dubbed the Arab Spring an "Islamic awakening" & predicts the Middle East will install Iranian-style sharia. It won't. October 9, 2011 @ 13:08
- Robert Jeffress, Senior Pastor, First Baptist Church, Dallas, says Romney is not a Christian because he's a Mormon (2 m's; Ha). He's right. October 9, 2011 @ 13:11
- Then again, neither is Robert Jeffress. October 9, 2011 @ 13:12
- Mormonism is a cult, but so is Christianity; and I'm a Christian. The term "cult" has been pejorated. Take it back. October 9, 2011 @ 13:16
- "Mormonism was founded in 1830.... A year later, ...[Smith fled]...to the Midwest, where he was killed." Talk about leaving out history! Ha! October 9, 2011 @ 13:23
- MSM ignores WeAreChange / Libertarians: "...a few common denominators among the protesters: their position on the left..." #October 9, 2011 @ 13:33
- #October 9, 2011 @ 13:42 is # for short. Obviously, now that "Occupy Wall Street" is famous, # takes fewer Twitter characters. Use it.
- #October 9, 2011 @ 14:01 Stay at it enough, and OWS will become TBTC (TOO BIG TO CRUSH)! Be huge. Have stamina. Peace!
- John Paulson, Paulson & Co, colluded w/ Goldman Sachs creating toxic securities & hired Alan Greenspan after Greenspan crashed the economy. October 9, 2011 @ 15:28
- Hey, John Paulson, Paulson & Co, what goes around, comes around. How do you like it? As they say, "You ain't seen nothing yet." Repent! October 9, 2011 @ 15:30
- Hedge fund manager John Paulson didn't make a " savvy bet against the subprime housing market." He helped setup the crash. It was a fix. October 9, 2011 @ 15:35
- I'm no Tea Partier. I am a 99er. Nearly every Tea Partier is a 99er without caring that the 1% consists of Plutocratic-Kleptocrats. #October 9, 2011 @ 15:41
- #October 9, 2011 @ 15:44 On the 99ers, "The silent masses aren't so silent anymore." — US Rep. John Larson (D-CT). Right on!
- #October 9, 2011 @ 15:46 On the 99ers, "We may...be seeing the rise of a popular movement that...is angry at the right people." — Paul Krugman. We are.
- #October 9, 2011 @ 15:51 On the 99ers, I'm "increasingly concerned" by the "growing mobs." — US Rep. Eric Cantor (Fascist-VA). Cantor's an elitist. Time to go!
- #October 9, 2011 @ 16:01 #99ers Rep. Eric Cantor hates you! He is a Zionist-Neocon, Fascist, Israeli-Firster. He speeds your tax $'s to Israeli war-criminals.
- RE: @TomUsher You will note that if the CIA trained thousands before the protests began in Libya, they sure did a poo... http://t.co/qDRorOVh.....
- RE: @TomUsher You will note that if the CIA trained thousands before the protests began in Libya, they sure did a poo... http://t.co/6iYWAzgE..... October 9, 2011 @ 17:06
- Re: Dictatorial, Pseudo-Socialism (Crooked Billionaire Muammar Qaddaffi; aka Gaddafi) or Real, Democratic Socialism http://ff.im/MzMAo.....
- RE: @TomUsher Here's the video. Judge for yourself. Then come back and let me know whether it supports the dictator-s... http://t.co/5KmlMUtt..... October 9, 2011 @ 17:07
- Arun Gupta's highly intelligent analysis: "Unions, Students, Join #http://t.co/mrhRbLbN..... October 9, 2011 @ 18:04 Are We Witnessing Growth of a New Movement?"
- #lewrockwell ask for answers but COWARDLY don't have a comment system: "Whining About Wealth" http://t.co/JVGopOA1..... October 9, 2011 @ 18:48 Anarcho-capitalists @
- There's no legally declared war, but war was given (Bush-like) as the excuse: evil, Barack. You're not MY President. http://t.co/xmttnJDm..... October 9, 2011 @ 19:47
- "When he was running for president, Obama, himself a constitutional lawyer, said, "Whistleblowers are part o... (cont) October 9, 2011 @ 19:59
- @ReidsReaction "you are anti-christ in excluding people. ...you Pharisee" Do you realize how stupid that is? Jesus excluded the Pharisees. October 9, 2011 @ 20:02
- @360CNN "@TomUsher So you can't find another nation nor leader who provided social programs better than Gadhaf... (cont) October 9, 2011 @ 20:36
- Let's get something perfectly clear. Environmentalists are better environmentalists than libertarian-capitalists are environmentalists. October 9, 2011 @ 20:52
- "In Finland, 79 children between the ages of four and 19 developed narcolepsy after receiving the Pandemrix va... (cont) October 9, 2011 @ 20:55
- Hey, Sean Hannity, there are Libertarians at #http://t.co/I8feYWRF..... October 9, 2011 @ 21:10 Are you going to call them Marxists? Pull your head out of...
- @ReidsReaction "@TomUsher he ate dinner with Pharisees, He didn't exclude. He condemn them during dinner fo... (cont) October 9, 2011 @ 21:21
- If so, who did it though?: "Fake video of Syrian army deserters is spreading online" http://t.co/U8jUZnJ2..... via @FRANCE24 October 9, 2011 @ 21:40
- #http://t.co/PnBZOFyL..... October 9, 2011 @ 21:43 #99ers "US protests spread to 1,000 cities"
- Worth reading: "Obama's Good Cop/ Bad Cop deal with the Republicans" | Michael Hudson http://t.co/59eHWZSp..... October 9, 2011 @ 22:03
- @wordenreport Watch this. Listen very closely to Arun Gupta. Attempts to co-opt will meet stiff resistance. http://t.co/6uAfwB5r..... October 9, 2011 @ 22:14
- @ReidsReaction "@TomUsher and why did Jesus say that? Because the Pharisees were acting just like you." You're ignorant. October 9, 2011 @ 22:55
- "@TomUsher Where's the list of nations and leaders, I'm waiting for the comparison as you falsely spew US prop... (cont) October 9, 2011 @ 23:27
- Lack of democracy brought dictators! Twisting: "democratic socialism...never worked...Russia...China, socialism fostered...dictatorships." October 10, 2011 @ 12:15
- Democratic socialism has worked wherever it has been used. Only selfish, anti-democratic elements have caused failure! October 10, 2011 @ 12:17
- Selfish anti-democracy has never worked! October 10, 2011 @ 12:18
- @October 10, 2011 @ 12:59 What do you know about exotics, insider-high-frequency trading/market manipulation, & quant sellouts? Is it all good to you? #
- There are Alex Jones libertarian-capitalists (LC's) writing that the left is trying to co-opt #http://t.co/i4P2HVXD..... October 10, 2011 @ 13:37 Adbusters isn't LC!
- @maxkeiser @janpowers "GIABO... global... # needs to join" http://t.co/fTGlR2LI..... Hey Max, I knew what it stood for before looking it up. October 10, 2011 @ 13:56
- #October 10, 2011 @ 14:20 It is class warfare, & they (the 1%) started it; but the 99% will finish it — hopefully w/o bloodshed (unlike the 1%'s thugs).
- #October 10, 2011 @ 14:38 Are you listening, Barack Obama? Will you ride ows & know enough to go for a New Deal "on steroids" or miss your final 2nd chance?
- Youths have been duped by homosexuals into thought-termination over whether anal sex is healthy. A penis does not belong in an anus, period. October 10, 2011 @ 14:49
- The GOP talks about how many people would be "hit" by the "millionaire tax." How many more non-millionaires would benefit immensely? October 10, 2011 @ 14:55
- What do Egyptians, Tunisians, Libyans, Yemenis, & Shia Bahrainis think of Putin on Syria's dictator, Assad? Is there a Shia double-standard? October 10, 2011 @ 15:06
- Don't Muslims in Egypt realize how bad and weak they look when they persecute and kill Coptic Christians there? October 10, 2011 @ 15:14
- How would Muslims in Egypt feel if Muslims in the US and Europe were being treated the way those Egyptian Muslims are treating Copts? October 10, 2011 @ 15:16
- "Egypt Coptic church decries attacks on Christians" State TV lies! Says Christians violent mob attacking army/property. http://t.co/3uchuqHV..... October 10, 2011 @ 15:25
- Hamas is shunned by Zionist Western governments for refusal to recognize Zionist Israel, which stole most Palestinian lands via terrorism. October 10, 2011 @ 15:32
- Barring strange developments, it's only a matter of time before the new Syrian National Council is recognize. They've learned from Libya. October 10, 2011 @ 15:37
- Yahoo News seems to have listened to me about their Religion section. It's not all "Pope, Pope, Pope" today. http://t.co/GMiMv6Yl..... October 10, 2011 @ 15:45
- Archbishop of Canterbury, Rowan Williams, said Christianity should not be about politics but about God. Rowan, their the same. Wake up! October 10, 2011 @ 15:47
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)