- Twitter Digest: October 19, 2011 http://t.co/ByN7aZwz..... October 20, 2011 @ 05:50
- Tell @lisapjackson and the # We're counting on you to reject the @StateDept's # XL sham # October 20, 2011 @ 19:30
- @againstmonsanto @MothersAgainstG @PeaceEcologyNet @redglitterx @OrganicGuide @USRealityCheck @GMWatch @CosmUnity @OrganicConsumer # October 20, 2011 @ 19:56
- @againstmonsanto If # isn't "Millions Against Monsanto," tell me what is that's short. Thanks! October 20, 2011 @ 19:59
- @http://t.co/RQLgpwWg.....) October 20, 2011 @ 20:43 You ducked the question & change the subject, which is a typical (@YouTube
- @http://t.co/RQLgpwWg.....) October 20, 2011 @ 20:45 "Do penises belong in anuses? Do you teach children that they do? (@YouTube
- @http://t.co/RQLgpwWg.....) October 20, 2011 @ 20:47 "Why do you reduce homosexuality to sex only" You divorce "sex" f (@YouTube
- I wasn't pro-Qaddaffi, but I'm sad: "We came, we saw, he died," she [Hillary Clinton] joked when told of news reports of Qaddafi's death." October 20, 2011 @ 21:08
- Greedy: "Republican lawmaker said [gas fracking] wastewater disposal is already regulated by...states, and criticized...EPA for overreach." October 20, 2011 @ 23:49
- Beats gas, coal, or oil: France, solar-energy farm, 500 acres, 90 megawatts, photovoltaic park. October 20, 2011 @ 23:51
- John Paulson "shot to fame and fortune with a bet in 2007 that the housing market would crash." He helped Goldman Sachs rig it. October 21, 2011 @ 00:22
- #http://t.co/hzjHQy2w..... October 21, 2011 @ 00:40 "Widespread mortgage default may have important public health implications." Come on, "may have"?
- "conversion of Dalit or Untouchables to the Christian faith has sparked violence, with groups of extremist Hindus attacking Christians" October 21, 2011 @ 00:45
- #October 21, 2011 @ 00:49 Rahul Gandhi says globalization "excludes as much as includes." It actually excludes more. Ask the 99% it haunts thanks to plutocrats.
- US vengeance: Somalia: Starving parents with skeletal children live under plastic sheets as "businessmen" steal food aid. (source: AP) October 21, 2011 @ 01:22
- #October 21, 2011 @ 01:29 Bolivia: Will President Evo Morales have thugs attack "Occupy La Paz" Indians' camp in front of the palace? I don't, but we'll see.
- So far, there's an approx. 62% lie-detector/and other tests failure rate for police in the state of Veracruz, Mexico. 1,000 fired. October 21, 2011 @ 01:40
- #October 21, 2011 @ 01:46 Wednesday, 100,000 students marched in Chile against schools that have been increasingly privatized. Education should be free.
- How long will it be before Mexican President Felipe Calderon is radicalized? October 21, 2011 @ 01:49
- I don't like the right-wing in Venezuela, but it's wrong to keep others from running based on allegations, not actual criminal convictions. October 21, 2011 @ 01:57
- Chavez has crossed lines he shouldn't & is losing support in the US. You're making a big mistake, Hugo: real democracy or it's time to go. October 21, 2011 @ 02:05
- Part of the global plutocracy, the Honduran Supreme Court whitewashes army generals in the illegal coup against president Manuel Zelaya. October 21, 2011 @ 02:09
- How can the Greek Socialist party vote for austerity? It's insanity. They either don't know anything about economics or they've sold out. October 21, 2011 @ 02:13
- #October 21, 2011 @ 02:16 Greeks need to get their house in order, & I don't mean falling into line with the neoliberals. Try debt-free Greek Sovereign Notes.
- Tell CNN to expose ongoing human trafficking of orphans in Haiti http://t.co/HWYyWdW8..... # #endslavery # October 21, 2011 @ 02:38
- I don't understand "The Dale Farm" issues. Did they buy the land before or after it was declared part of the "green belt"? Thanks. October 21, 2011 @ 02:52
- The 1994 North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) turned out to be worse than even those against it predicted before passage. October 21, 2011 @ 03:09
- NAFTA mostly lowered standards & wages in the US by not requiring higher standards in Mexico, which would have benefited Mexicans. October 21, 2011 @ 03:12
- If you're Black, your name is Teresa, & you live in Atlanta, watch out. You might get locked up just because they can. http://t.co/EdOCf6TO..... October 21, 2011 @ 03:17
- Moronically, Obama & Netanyahu say Palestinian Pres. Mahmoud Abbas is "trying to bypass the TWO-DECADE OLD peace process." It's about time. October 21, 2011 @ 03:25
- Palestine will get non-member state UN status after a US veto in the Security Council. That's smart & will open doors Zionists can't close. October 21, 2011 @ 03:31
- #October 21, 2011 @ 03:36 Are global police now hiring/training teenage boys and twenty-somethings (future cops) to act as less-suspected agents provocateurs?
- #October 21, 2011 @ 03:39 Is there a difference between the Greek Socialist party & the US Tea Party? They're both for needless austerity. United States Notes!
- "The Basque separatist group ETA said on Thursday it was ending four decades of armed struggle." Smart move. October 21, 2011 @ 03:42
- #October 21, 2011 @ 03:54 NPR's WAMU affiliate fired Lisa Simeone as host of the D.C. show "Soundprint" because she is part of the Occupy Wall Street movement.
- @balenkurdi What is your favorite English-language website concerning the Kurdish issue? I want to read more in-depth concerning all sides. October 21, 2011 @ 04:40
- @CosmUnity "A nation of sheep shall be ruled by pigs :) # quot; It depends upon the quality of the shepherd they follow. October 21, 2011 @ 04:46
- @GreeGreece @CineversityTV @CosmUnity @jpsok @edwardvirtually @ayakhalil # Peace! October 21, 2011 @ 06:22
- Noah vs. Homosexuality http://t.co/tNqYGc5p..... October 21, 2011 @ 19:51
The following should appear at the end of every post:
According to the IRS, "Know the law: Avoid political campaign intervention":
Tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) organizations like churches, universities, and hospitals must follow the law regarding political campaigns. Unfortunately, some don't know the law.
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from participating in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. The prohibition applies to campaigns at the federal, state and local level.
Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes. Section 501(c)(3) private foundations are subject to additional restrictions.
Political Campaign Intervention
Political campaign intervention includes any activities that favor or oppose one or more candidates for public office. The prohibition extends beyond candidate endorsements.
Contributions to political campaign funds, public statements of support or opposition (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of an organization, and the distribution of materials prepared by others that support or oppose any candidate for public office all violate the prohibition on political campaign intervention.
Factors in determining whether a communication results in political campaign intervention include the following:
- Whether the statement identifies one or more candidates for a given public office
- Whether the statement expresses approval or disapproval of one or more candidates' positions and/or actions
- Whether the statement is delivered close in time to the election
- Whether the statement makes reference to voting or an election
- Whether the issue addressed distinguishes candidates for a given office
Many religious organizations believe, as we do, that the above constitutes a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That said, we make the following absolutely clear here:
- The Real Liberal Christian Church and Christian Commons Project not only do not endorse any candidate for any secular office, we say that Christianity forbids voting in such elections.
- Furthermore, when we discuss any public-office holder's position, policy, action or inaction, we definitely are not encouraging anyone to vote for that office holder's position.
- We are not trying to influence secular elections but rather want people to come out from that entire fallen system.
- When we analyze or discuss what is termed "public policy," we do it entirely from a theological standpoint with an eye to educating professing Christians and those to whom we are openly always proselytizing to convert to authentic Christianity.
- It is impossible for us to fully evangelize and proselytize without directly discussing the pros and cons of public policy and the positions of secular-office holders, hence the unconstitutionality of the IRS code on the matter.
- We are not rich and wouldn't be looking for a fight regardless. What we cannot do is compromise our faith (which seeks to harm nobody, quite the contrary).
- We render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. We render unto God what is God's.
- When Caesar says to us that unless we shut up about the unrighteousness of Caesar's policies and practices, we will lose the ability of people who donate to us to declare their donations as deductions on their federal and state income-tax returns, we say to Caesar that we cannot shut up while exercising our religion in a very reasonable way.
- We consider the IRS code on this matter as deliberate economic duress (a form of coercion) and a direct attempt by the federal government to censor dissenting, free political and religious speech.
- It's not freedom of religion if they tax it.
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. (Matthew 17:24-26)